Hey guys...we need a little rallying here... - Page 405 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 527Likes
post #12121 of 12125 Old Yesterday, 06:49 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by cw5billwade View Post
I would say where are my 3D lables but speakers will be behind the screen and no one will see them.
Could make a small picture frame with the labels in the frame. Stating "For your enjoyment, all speakers powered by" then label.

The Elusive 1099 (L/C/R)---DIY Volt 10 (surrounds 9.4)---SVS PB 12 Plus---SVS PC 12 Plus---2 DIY 18's sealed--AVR Denon 4311CI---TV Vizio 70---110" Motorized Screen---Epson 8350 Projector---Unraid 32TB Network Storage---Gateway SX 2370 HTPC with 120 SSD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12122 of 12125 Old Today, 07:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 255 Post(s)
Liked: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erich H View Post
How did you get the crossover parts and schematic?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeamdman View Post
You don't remember this discussion via email?

I had been wanting to purchase 4 of the angled V10's for months, but they were never in stock on your site, and I checked weekly for like 6 months. I then saw you had some V8s in stock, so I reached out to another member, @d_c , to ask him how he liked the custom 8" coaxial surrounds he built before I made the purchase. He said they were awesome, so I went to purchase them on your side. As my luck would have it, you only had 2 in stock, and even those 2 were gone later that day.

Going back and forth with d_c, he had some trial and error with different crossover components with his to get the HF just right, and since building a XO from scratch is beyond me, he graciously sent me his final parts list and the schematic from his custom ones.

This is how I feel with @Erich H lately

post #12123 of 12125 Old Today, 08:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 583 Post(s)
Liked: 826
I'm not being a jerk or anything by not selling them.

I don't have very many of those compression drivers which is why I took them off the site. The coaxials were new last year and I didn't have a huge stock of those CD's when the coaxials came out and they depleted the supply.

The problem is getting them shipped here by DHL is very expensive, as in hundreds of dollars per package. The last time I did that about 15% had shipping damage and the remainder had to have $175 shipping averaged into them. So that didn't go well.

I ordered a decent amount more 1.5 months ago and they're suppose to arrive on a smaller shipping container with the SEOS-8 and other items. There was a week hold up on one of the things going in the container and now I'm not sure it's going to ship before the Chinese New Year. If the container doesn't leave before the 7th or so, then it probably won't leave until the end of February!

But there's another problem on top of that. Friday I was talking with the local shipping company to see how the container was going. She told me that there's a strike (or something) with importers on the West Coast and people should expect almost double the amount of time for shipping. As in from 35 days to around 60 days.

SO, I ordered them in November (and paid). If they ship in a week the earliest they arrive is the end of March due to the current shipping issues. If they don't ship next week, they won't ship until about March 01. And nearly 60 days to arrive due to the back up. So that puts it around the beginning of MAY. There's no way to plan for things like that where you need to order 5 months ahead of time and not having known how certain kits would sell.

I realize everyone thinks this is easy to just place an order for 200+ drivers and get them in a few weeks, but that's not how it works. You have to plan ahead many months in advance or you run out. "Well why didn't you order 500?" Well because I'm not rich.

I've got 80 DNA-205 compression drivers that go in the 1099 and a few other designs. Normally there would be no worry about having plenty. But what if there's a 1099 preorder with 50 speakers available? That leaves only 30 left for all other designs that might have to last until May if the shipping stinks. Well there's no way 30 will last until May. So what do I do? Have them ship me 80 by DHL and spend an extra $125+ per 20 CD's per box? Heck, I probably will because I already have the Celestion mids and ordered the Eminence woofers and I don't want to sit on all of that until May.

That was the long way of saying "I can't sell the DNA-150 or the DNA-205 by themselves right now because stock is low and I don't want to take away from the kits."
doc5150 likes this.
post #12124 of 12125 Old Today, 09:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 255 Post(s)
Liked: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erich H View Post
I'm not being a jerk or anything by not selling them.

I don't have very many of those compression drivers which is why I took them off the site. The coaxials were new last year and I didn't have a huge stock of those CD's when the coaxials came out and they depleted the supply.

The problem is getting them shipped here by DHL is very expensive, as in hundreds of dollars per package. The last time I did that about 15% had shipping damage and the remainder had to have $175 shipping averaged into them. So that didn't go well.

I ordered a decent amount more 1.5 months ago and they're suppose to arrive on a smaller shipping container with the SEOS-8 and other items. There was a week hold up on one of the things going in the container and now I'm not sure it's going to ship before the Chinese New Year. If the container doesn't leave before the 7th or so, then it probably won't leave until the end of February!

But there's another problem on top of that. Friday I was talking with the local shipping company to see how the container was going. She told me that there's a strike (or something) with importers on the West Coast and people should expect almost double the amount of time for shipping. As in from 35 days to around 60 days.

SO, I ordered them in November (and paid). If they ship in a week the earliest they arrive is the end of March due to the current shipping issues. If they don't ship next week, they won't ship until about March 01. And nearly 60 days to arrive due to the back up. So that puts it around the beginning of MAY. There's no way to plan for things like that where you need to order 5 months ahead of time and not having known how certain kits would sell.

I realize everyone thinks this is easy to just place an order for 200+ drivers and get them in a few weeks, but that's not how it works. You have to plan ahead many months in advance or you run out. "Well why didn't you order 500?" Well because I'm not rich.

I've got 80 DNA-205 compression drivers that go in the 1099 and a few other designs. Normally there would be no worry about having plenty. But what if there's a 1099 preorder with 50 speakers available? That leaves only 30 left for all other designs that might have to last until May if the shipping stinks. Well there's no way 30 will last until May. So what do I do? Have them ship me 80 by DHL and spend an extra $125+ per 20 CD's per box? Heck, I probably will because I already have the Celestion mids and ordered the Eminence woofers and I don't want to sit on all of that until May.

That was the long way of saying "I can't sell the DNA-150 or the DNA-205 by themselves right now because stock is low and I don't want to take away from the kits."
Thanks for the info, and I get why you wouldn't want to sell a CD just to make a kit unavailable. Makes perfect sense.

You had mentioned you had low stock and ordered some a while ago, but getting no response via email for quite a while I had to take a different approach.

You were over the top helpful years ago with my SEOS-12 build, so I was confused why I was being ignored.
post #12125 of 12125 Unread Today, 10:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 583 Post(s)
Liked: 826
Years ago it was quite easy. But I get a lot of emails every day now. Many days it's well over 50 and it's pretty much impossible to track all of them and what some people have said in previous emails. You mentioned "You don't remember this discussion via email?" Figure in a month I've carried on 500+ conversations with different people. So there's always a possibility I missed your email or didn't know who you were when you asked. It's never anything personal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page