Hey guys...we need a little rallying here... - Page 419 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 803Likes
post #12541 of 12543 Unread Today, 04:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ll3d00d View Post
I'm in the midst of a SEOS10/AE TD10H build and was looking for some advice on how to mount the waveguide/woofer into the baffle. There are some pics in Thinking about a shallow on wall speaker build for reference.

My doubt is the differing depths of the woofer and waveguide. It looks like the woofer is ~18mm and the waveguide is ~12mm. If I stick with my original plan on of a 12mm outer baffle then it means the woofer will stand slightly proud of the surface but the waveguide will be pretty flush. My concern is whether this will cause a (diffraction based) problem in the response given the promixity of the woofer to the exit from the waveguide. I probably want to recess it (and hence use a thicker inner baffle) for aesthetic reasons but wanted to clarify the technical aspect first. What is the recommended approach in this situation?
Why are you opposed to adding a second layer to the inside of the baffle? I don't think that you would even know it's there and should not be any different, aesthetically.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12542 of 12543 Unread Today, 04:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Can you mount the woofer on the back of the front baffle and use a roundover to give a smother exit? Not sure how that will effect your alignment though, but it will effect how you construct the box so you can change the woofer if you need to.

Gary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmalloc
Who says Cameron is "right" and why do we care about him so much - lol!

I trust Gary Lightfoot more than James Cameron.
post #12543 of 12543 Unread Today, 05:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 601 Post(s)
Liked: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tip24/96 View Post
Why are you opposed to adding a second layer to the inside of the baffle?.
I don't follow, what do you mean?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page