post #2101 of 2102 Old Yesterday, 06:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabs17 View Post
Just received my Omnimic V2 system...got it setup and ran a FR for my LCR with test tracks 2,6 and 12 as recommended. I'll post the results here and ask if anything stands out to folks who are more familiar with interpreting results. A couple of things I think stand out...my LR are pretty similar but I have a couple of peaks in the center channel and a big dip at 10K.

So what stands out to you all?
Do you by chance have a receiver with Audyssey Dynamic eq and have it turned on? As another poster mentioned, you have some major bass boost going on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2102 of 2102 Old Yesterday, 11:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by primetimeguy View Post
Do you by chance have a receiver with Audyssey Dynamic eq and have it turned on? As another poster mentioned, you have some major bass boost going on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkasanic View Post
Are you using any form of EQ? Your bass looks boosted quite a bit but the general slope of your full range response looks pretty good. If you want to get more feedback on the measurements, your best bet might be to try using your OM mic with REW and post some spectrograms, waterfalls etc. in the REW thread. This isn't a knock against OM (I used to own it as well and still keep tabs on the thread for any updates) just that this thread doesn't get a lot of activity and when it does, it's mostly related to the software, test disc etc. and not evaluating in-room response. Be sure to read AustinJerry's guide before posting though. It will make taking measurements as simple as it is with OM and you'll know the guidelines for the graphs and charts which will facilitate the feedback from other members.
Thanks for the feedback. I looked at REW before but Omnimic just seemed easier....even though more expensive. I will look into the REW forum for information on reading/deciphering graph data because that's what I need.

The bass boost is man made I forgot that I had turned the gain up on my subs....so that's what is causing that. I also thought my general slope looked pretty good as well but wasn't sure.

Thanks again and I'll start reading the REW forum.

Nabs17
Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page