Dayton OmniMic Precision Measurement System - Page 73 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 4Likes

post #2161 of 2166 Old 12-30-2015, 11:25 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post
I am really liking Omnimic over REW.

One thing that I keep needing to do each time I use it is lower the mic level in Windows. I run sweeps at -20 on my AVR and it shows 100+ db's and I know for sure it is not that loud. I go in to the microphone settings in win 8 and the mic is set at +15 or so. Does anyone know why this happens? It is easy enough to go in at set it back to 0 gain but would be nice if I could fix it permanately.

Thanks
Ray
That's kind of opposite of the issue most people have had with Win8, but a couple of things needed when running in Win 8:
1) Actually, this is neeeded in all Windows; go to the system audio properties for the Omnimic hardware ("Recording") and set the advanced tab so the mic is used in 48kHz, stereo mode ('DVD Quality'). Usually defaults to mono, that can result in wacky reported levels.
VERY important!-- You have to repeat this for EVERY USB socket in every computer you are likely to plug Omnimic into!! So just go through, plugging into each socket and set the audio properties each time. Windows thinks running a device from a different USB socket is a different device. But it will remember settings for a device matched to a socket after you change them.
2) In Win8, run under "XP SP3" emulation mode (because of a bug in Win8 with USB mics).

Details on these settings are in the Omnimic Help facility in the program.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2162 of 2166 Old 12-31-2015, 08:54 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 163 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2469 Post(s)
Liked: 1929
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwaslo View Post
That's kind of opposite of the issue most people have had with Win8, but a couple of things needed when running in Win 8:
1) Actually, this is neeeded in all Windows; go to the system audio properties for the Omnimic hardware ("Recording") and set the advanced tab so the mic is used in 48kHz, stereo mode ('DVD Quality'). Usually defaults to mono, that can result in wacky reported levels.
VERY important!-- You have to repeat this for EVERY USB socket in every computer you are likely to plug Omnimic into!! So just go through, plugging into each socket and set the audio properties each time. Windows thinks running a device from a different USB socket is a different device. But it will remember settings for a device matched to a socket after you change them.
2) In Win8, run under "XP SP3" emulation mode (because of a bug in Win8 with USB mics).

Details on these settings are in the Omnimic Help facility in the program.
Hey Bill, when's that full atmos 7.2.4 test signal disc going to surface? Do we need to start a crowd funding thing for you?
jaimectrs likes this.
post #2163 of 2166 Old 01-04-2016, 01:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Hello All, i have an older OM and was wondering if it can assist me with waterfall plots, impulse test, and phase adjustments.

I've only used it for SPL and FR....
post #2164 of 2166 Old 01-18-2016, 05:15 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgveteran View Post
Hello All, i have an older OM and was wondering if it can assist me with waterfall plots, impulse test, and phase adjustments.

I've only used it for SPL and FR....

Yes it can
post #2165 of 2166 Old 01-20-2016, 02:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 86
I just ordered V2. Had V1 for a while. I'm over REW and getting it right with ASOI,,,, so frustrating. I have active amps for the front and a Dirac88a. I really need it for setting up my 4 subs (8 x 18's) with my MiniDSP.
post #2166 of 2166 Old 01-20-2016, 05:18 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Why did you switch to V2?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page