Crest CC4000 or CC5500 - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 12-16-2013, 08:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 101
LOL......I have seen the light Luke thanks. Whoaru99 do the CC amps have a universal power supply?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2013, 08:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I managed to snag one of the emotiva xpr 2s 5 months old, So it will be nice to compare the toroid to the CV 5000 to see where the extra 15 lbs is. Wow and i thought Luke had the thread on ignor long ago............smile.gif Welcome back one liner LUKE. May your one liners prop yo u up to new heights of prestige and stardom in the New Year. rolleyes.gif

I just figured out what those icons next to the message box are for. smile.gif

A Good amplifier requires a adequate power supply, It does not matter what the amplifier is capable of if the power supply will not provide the power required. Most amplifiers have under rated power supplies. It is up to you to make sure you get the ones that are
least under rated if at all.
Old 12-16-2013, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnplayerson View Post

I managed to snag one of the emotiva xpr 2s 5 months old, So it will be nice to compare the toroid to the CV 5000 to see where the extra 15 lbs is. Wow and i thought Luke had the thread on ignor long ago............smile.gif Welcome back one liner LUKE. May your one liners prop you up to new heights of prestige and stardom in the New Year. rolleyes.gif

I just figured out what those icons next to the message box are for. smile.gif
. Happy new year and Merry christmas to all you 5000 post know it alls too. smile.gif The forum would not be here without you. Wow i just did one of those quotes everyone else like to do to. What skill i now have...

A Good amplifier requires a adequate power supply, It does not matter what the amplifier is capable of if the power supply will not provide the power required. Most amplifiers have under rated power supplies. It is up to you to make sure you get the ones that are
Old 12-16-2013, 08:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrapladm View Post

LOL......I have seen the light Luke thanks. Whoaru99 do the CC amps have a universal power supply?

Not clear which you mean for sure.

The CC series Crest amps I believe are plain old "big iron" power supplies. If the mains voltage can be changed I don't know.

If you mean CE Crown amps then yes, the CE4000 has universal SMPS; 100-240VAC plug and play. No adjustments necessary (proper line cord plug needed, of course).

That said, there is also a CE1000 and a CE2000 but they are completely different amps inasmuch as they are conventional (big iron) power supply and conventional (non-switching) output stages; totally dissimilar from the CE4000 on the inside. About the only thing the CE1000 and CE2000 have in common with CE4000 is they are amplifiers and have somewhat of a family resemblance.

Just because there is a knob doesn't mean you should turn it.
Old 12-16-2013, 09:00 PM

http://www.arizonachurchsound.com/ProAVmaxCutSheets/Crest_CC5500_Rvw_FOH.pdf

Nice review here of the CC 5500

Pros, nice bright lights for outside gigs.

Cons a little on the heavy side.

Old 12-17-2013, 02:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 101
I have the Crest Pro 200 series and they have a universal power supply sort of. They have a jumper inside when using 110vac. So when I moved to Australia I just had to take the jumper out. I know a lot of JD designed amps have this feature but not all. I like the CC5500 amp for the value but wondered if I could still buy it from the USA or not.

Either way thanks.