Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 77 Old 08-16-2011, 01:32 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 496 Post(s)
Liked: 1122
"Where is all the amp at?"

this is like popping the hood on an electric vehicle and not seeing any engine! in that case it is the little motors attached to the wheels that might make 400 hp. in this case, it is those little things with the silver "wings" on each side.

what i don't understand is why there is less need for power capacitors in smps amps. is it because they can be recharged by the power supply much faster than non smps? does that work equally well for transients as the old school amps that are full of capacitors?

Listen. It's All Good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 77 Old 08-16-2011, 01:46 PM
Bass Enabler

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 694 Post(s)
Liked: 913
That's what I meant, I guess. Tiny little transformer. Couldn't see any caps that looked like they were there for transients. I couldn't even see where the dang transitor devices were. There was nothing under the hood.

Electric cars are awesome in theory. Unfortunately still not great in the real world, under real life conditions. I'd like to see progress in that field though.

My Dual 18" LLT subs 120dB down to 10hz

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

https://soundcloud.com/plan9reloaded/sets/podcast - direct pod link

http://plan9reloaded.com/site/ - main website

post #63 of 77 Old 08-16-2011, 02:30 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quick question:

Would be better to use a single Inuke 3000DSP or 6000DSP Model for two sub enclosures or getting a two single Inuke 1000 DSP in bridge mode for each enclosure assuming that money is not an issue?

I read from an emailed directly from Behringer that Inuke Amplifier Wattage are Peaks not RMS.
post #64 of 77 Old 11-16-2012, 07:37 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi All...I purchased two of the iNuke 6000 amps for subs...I run 4 double 18 subs with two amps...one side at 4ohm per cabinet..total of 3000 watts @ 4ohm... I can honestly say these amps lit up my subs and then some...used them on a few different brands of 218 cabinets I own and on every application they pounded the subs and was not even warm in temperature ... I liked the clarity of them on subs and they punch big time...never a problem in over a year so far...no noise..no breakers kicking... I also just purchased 4 of the iNuke 3000 amps to run 8 of my double 10 line array cabinets... I am really excited to hear what it does in that frequency range, I was using Crest CPX series on the tops...my problem is that I know the Slew rates are way different in the Class D amps then the A/B class amps...that said...I had to upgrade to be totally class D for slew rates and the timing of processing of the bands in the subs and tops which of course are different...I feel I will have the results I am looking for and hoping for a great clarity from the amps as well as a tighter more even matched sound being all class D amps...Plus I had to always carry a big distro with me that would still kick breakers...I had kicked breakers on my top end but not on the subs...two different class amps this past summer...A/B amps kicked breakers...but the Class D on subs did not...low power consumption which gives me an option to put away my huge distro and go with a smaller one and I am sure I will not kick any more breakers again ...I will be intirely Class D on FOH pa boxes and subs... Will stick to my Crest amps for now for Monitor mixes on gigs...I plan on replacing all those also with Class D iNuke amps also..waiting on the iNuke NU4 to come out...two of those along with the 4 3000 amps and 2 6000s will run my intire system and 6 monitor mixes I do on my summer gigs that are mostly outside events...I am very pleased with the Class D amps and what they offer in sound quality , power consumption as well as light weight and easier on my back and the truck in the long run....Behringer is a good company and have gotten a bad rep in the past and I do believe these amps as well as there X32 digital console will reverse this thought of most pro sound men...for the most part...I feel people pay for the name of an item and pay intirely to much...crown are great amps..but draw allot of power...heat up...break speakers...and are way to heavy if you have a 12 space rack full of them..been there and done that...I do not miss my micro techs at all ...sold them with last system as a complete system.. .try to get 6000 watts rms power from Crown and see what it costs you...it is a crime if you ask me...that is why our markets in this country are going south...people want to much for wages and companies want to much for there products...I Love america and served her in the past...but I do not feel guilty at all for buying things made in China...there cheaper and for the most part...there very reliable..he if it breaks ..throw it away..and buy a new one...my friend got a repair bill for his Crown micro teck 3600...try the tune of 456.00 , yes thats right..you can buy a new iNuke for less then the repair bill..now it is an amp with different parts then stock and will never be the same and cost to much to sell for nothing and way to much to not repair...so your stuck now...my reason for getting away from QSC and Crown...Love Crest..yet to have a repair on any of them in 5 yrs...will replace 5 of them with 2 inuke NU4 when they release them...I will go all iNuke series and wish for the best ...certain a budget mans amp with plenty of power , light weight and as I say...very reliable and a punchy amp...do not mix them...can't do class D with class A/B amps...different specs intirely...slew rate mainly...Hope this is convincing to others....and NO I do not rep Behringer...Have a Great Day...buy em up... Anthony.
post #65 of 77 Old 11-16-2012, 07:51 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 496 Post(s)
Liked: 1122
welcome to avs.

good to hear that they are holding up for you. great first post!

Listen. It's All Good.
post #66 of 77 Old 03-23-2013, 07:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 263
Very basic question - I looked in the manual and not clear.

If I use just a single LFE input from my AVR into input A, then I select dual stereo, then I can apply different EQ to each speaker output, right?

[edit] My iNuke3000 does not have select switch, is that only in the software now?
post #67 of 77 Old 03-23-2013, 09:29 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Edit: Sorry, I just re-read your question. Stereo mode links the EQ's. (Output A gets the same EQ as output B). You can have separate EQ's if you set it for dual mono. And yes, it's controlled via software only.

However, I should also mention that it won't output on both A and B unless you feed it a signal to both A and B.
post #68 of 77 Old 03-24-2013, 10:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 36
yes you can output both channel with one input.
post #69 of 77 Old 03-24-2013, 10:36 AM

Oh- you can? My bad, then. I thought for sure you couldn't. Sorry. I guess it makes sense that "stereo" mode would go to both outputs.
post #70 of 77 Old 03-26-2013, 06:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbdudex View Post

If I use just a single LFE input from my AVR into input A, then I select dual stereo, then I can apply different EQ to each speaker output, right?

[edit] My iNuke3000 does not have select switch, is that only in the software now?

Use "Bi-AMP" mode for this

one input - two outputs with discrete gain/delay/peak limiter/crossover/EQ chains. just make sure that default crossover settings are not applied.

you can manage DSP via remote connect software or front panel controls. The software is much more intuitive.
post #71 of 77 Old 03-26-2013, 06:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Does anybody have more than one Inuke DSP connected to the same computer?
I just added second amp and appears that the remote software can only detect one. I have to unplug one amp so that the second one gets listed in the setup panel.
Is this expected behavior?
post #72 of 77 Old 03-26-2013, 07:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by zheka View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbdudex View Post

Use "Bi-AMP" mode for this

one input - two outputs with discrete gain/delay/peak limiter/crossover/EQ chains. just make sure that default crossover settings are not applied.

you can manage DSP via remote connect software or front panel controls. The software is much more intuitive.

Thx very-very much on clear answer, as 2nd and 3rd subs I'll be putting my 3 cu ft sub box w/15" SI D2 in the HT this weekend, and soon afterward the 4 cu ft sub box w/18" SI D2 driver.
Looking fwd to flat response across my 2 rows of 4 seats each biggrin.gif
post #73 of 77 Old 03-26-2013, 07:09 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I hope that is not the case. Are they both the same model? If so could it be a naming conflict that you could rename the amp in the software ie: Sub amp, Mains etc. instead of nu3000dsp or what have you.
post #74 of 77 Old 03-26-2013, 10:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterX View Post

I hope that is not the case. Are they both the same model? If so could it be a naming conflict that you could rename the amp in the software ie: Sub amp, Mains etc. instead of nu3000dsp or what have you.

it is expected behavior apparently.

page 15 of the manual:
Quote:
For the current edition of the BEHRINGER Amp Remote software, only one iNUKE
amplifier can appear at any one time in the amplifier list and be recognized
by the software. Similarly, the IP address function can only be deployed with
EUROCOM installed sound power amplifiers.

that's unfortunate.
post #75 of 77 Old 03-26-2013, 11:02 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 167
How many filters per channel can be applied?

Noah
post #76 of 77 Old 03-26-2013, 11:16 AM

In the configuration screen you decide if you want it to be dual mono, stereo, bridge, or biamp 1/biamp 2. You can also set delays, 0 or 180 degree phase shifts, and peak limiters. It also has dials for "hold" and "release" - not sure what that is. You can also link the channels so that EQ/gain/etc. settings applied to one channel are the same on the other.

In the filter/crossover section you can set a high pass and a low pass filter for each channel, using buttersworth (6/12/18/24/48 dB), bessel (12/24 dB), or Linkwitz-riley (12/24/48 dB). There is also a gain setting for each channel. (-12 dB to +12 dB)

In the parametric EQ section you can set an 8 point EQ for each channel, using PEQ, LS6, LS12, HS6, or HS12. You can set the gain from -15 dB to +15 dB for each EQ point.

In the dynamic EQ section you can set 2 different DEQ's for each channel, using BP, LP6, LP12, HP6, or HP12, with a ratio of 1:2, 1:3, 1:5, or 1:10. (This section also has "attack" and "release" dials- not sure what that's all about).
post #77 of 77 Old 03-27-2013, 01:25 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Thanks, Reb!

Noah
Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page