With apologies for bumping an old thread (PPSL doesn't seem to be discussed much!) is the following a correct summary of the benefits / drawbacks of a PPSL design?
- Force cancellation due to opposing driver movements
- Even-order harmonics reductions due to 'push-pull' design
- Can be applied to a variety of box designs (sealed, ported, bandpass...)
- difficult / impossible to remove drivers once installed if the slot is smaller than the depth of the drivers
- Odd-order harmonics remain much the same (and are potentially more obvious due to the other harmonics reductions? making them more prominent??)
Does the slot do anything else? From what I have read it can also seemingly act as a LPF?
How does one determine how large to make the slot?
Do you have to work out the displacement (peak XMax to peak XMax? or resting to one-way peak XMax?) then design a slot with an opening that is equal to or larger than this amount of displacement?
Can you have a slot open to both sides of the box?
Apologies for all the questions, I am struggling to find one definitive collection of information on PPSL!