Group Buy for 6.5" Anarchy Tapped Horn. - Page 15 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 11-30-2011, 02:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Still alive Erich? I have sent multiple PMs and messages through your site over the last few weeks/moth to no avail...thought I might see if you have a thread subscription...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2011, 03:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by englehmj View Post

Still alive Erich? I have sent multiple PMs and messages through your site over the last few weeks/moth to no avail...thought I might see if you have a thread subscription...

Sit tight
Last I heard Erich was planning to be BUSY, and then some other responsibility's got added on top. The man has his hands full. He will be back.

Regards,
Dan
Old 04-28-2012, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmike View Post

That amp is only 45 watts at 8 ohm, so it is a little light on power.

This one would do the job for only a few bucks more, and might even fit into the cabinet. Information as to highpass and all that is pretty light though. Looks like a 25 Hz highpass with 3 dB of boost at 40 Hz. Not a bad fit, might actually help things to be honest.

Depending on what you're after - an old-school stereo receiver can be a fine amp for these - all you need is 100 W into 8 ohms. I've scored some good stuff at the local thrift stores.

You could maybe even run these off the extra channels in a 7.1 receiver if you only run it as a 5.1 and the receiver has preamp inputs like mine does.

Would mounting that Apex Jr C-6 into the back of the cabinet ruin the tuning?

Scott
Old 04-28-2012, 04:53 PM

I built a pair of these subs but the output was just not enough. I can see how with four it may be great but I don't have the room for them. I also found that they were easily pushed to much and would get "funky" but that's on me.
I will say that I ripped out the drivers and put them in some 0.5ft^3 cabs tuned to 45hz and they rock! So I would caution anyone looking for medium to high output. That said they would make a great computer sub sitting next to a desk.