The whole family has been sick for most of a week, but I finally managed to get some progress made. Time for a much needed update.
One thing I learned was that sheet mdf can have a natural bow to it. While I didn't notice when I built my tritrix speakers a while back (likely because they were much smaller), these larger towers showed some considerable bow to them when I was getting ready to clue the front/rear panels on. Had I noticed before I had done some of the construction, I would have had the curves oppose each other so it would end ups straight in the end. But I didn't, and thus they needed to be held straight for gluing. See my method of straightening below: Note, that is a piece of 3/4 in 1x6 oak that I bent against it...
I did use my 18 ga finish nailer to help move the process along here, too. Once everything was dry, I flush-trimmed all edges, cut all the driver holes, and put a 1/2 inch roundover on all sides. Here's where they stand as of now:
I used a 50/50 mix of wood glue and water to help seal the edges. I used this on my sub build and it worked quite well at preventing the paint from soaking into the cut edges. They stand 44 inches tall right now, will be 50 inches tall when done.
I was going to use regular black ABS for the ports, but didn't want to hassle with it and ordered some 3" precision ports as per mpotoka's parts list.
Next steps will be installing the ports, finishing the base-plates, then building the crossovers.