Reconing my first pair of 13 Seas 33F-WKA / DD's subwoofers. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-13-2011, 06:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My first pair of 13 inch Seas woofers I owned were the 33F-WKA / DD's. They were much lower power handling then the Seas 33F-ZBX/DD speakers, and only used a 39mm voice coil and I fried both voice coils using my Linear Power class A/B 300 watt amplifier. ( They gave me a much deeper bass in my
small car speaker box that I had made for my honda prelude , then the
same 33F-ZBX/DD speaker that I replaced them with in the same size box.)

I really liked the sound of the first set of Seas 33F-WKA / DD
speakers, so I tried finding a local reconer, and had them reconed in the U.S.A at Guiter Showcase in Cambell, California.
b
When I got both Seas 33F-WKA / DD woofers back and installed them they did not sound nearly as good, as they did when I first bought them and seemed to be botteming out on deep bass notes. I returned back to the reconer not knowing that Seas did not offer orginal voice coils, and told them that they seem to be botteming out, and if he had used the correct length voice coils, and he got so mad at me, that he took his box cuter, cut the cones, surrounds and voice coils out, and gave me back my money.

I still have the baskets, and rubber surounds. ( Make sure you keep one of your original voice coils, so you can try and find an exact match, if you
decide to try and recone a pair of Seas woofers. ) I sent them to Midwest Speakers a few years back, and they sat their for several months, before finally telling me that they could not find the correct voice coil and sent them back un repaired ).

Would any one know of a good reconer, that can bring these speakers back to life?

http: //cgi.ebay. com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320653177829&ssPageName=STRK:MEUSX:IT

Hope you have a great weekend,

Jose F. Medeiros:-)
josemedeiros007@(no spam ) yahoo.com
www. myspace. com/josemedeiros1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-14-2011, 07:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Measure the pole piece and gap before contacting David at Fix My Speaker dot com. He can recone almost anything with a 2.5" coil to a 4" coil. If you aren't familiar with him, he worked with Scott at Resonant Engineering before it was purchased by US Amps.
Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page