New Mach 5 Audio UXL info - Page 25 - AVS Forum
First ... 23  24  25 26 
DIY Speakers and Subs > New Mach 5 Audio UXL info
chrapladm's Avatar chrapladm 05:19 AM 01-19-2013
Dont know why but I really do like the big heavy drivers. Just dont like the shipping costs.

N8DOGG's Avatar N8DOGG 11:27 PM 01-19-2013
Well the Phallus is ready to ship! The T/S specs are up!

http://www.istonline.ca/mach5_phallus.html
Aaron Smith's Avatar Aaron Smith 11:55 PM 01-19-2013
OMG! He is actually calling it Phallus...I thought for sure that was just a joke he was making because we were poking fun at the phase plug. I just read the ad copy -- you have to love Rogowski's sense of humor!
Scott Simonian's Avatar Scott Simonian 05:52 AM 01-20-2013
Interesting.

Price isn't as high as I was expecting either.
weird 23's Avatar weird 23 06:36 AM 01-20-2013

What kind of power is this driver going to need in the recommended 3.5ft enclosure?


ozziedog's Avatar ozziedog 08:00 AM 01-20-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian View Post

Interesting.

Price isn't as high as I was expecting either.

I am with you, I thought the price would be higher. I was planning on getting 2 UXL's with my tax return this year, but now am thinking about 1 phallus and 1 UXl. Well, that is if the UXL ever comes back in stock.
Stereodude's Avatar Stereodude 10:22 AM 01-20-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Smith View Post

OMG! He is actually calling it Phallus...I thought for sure that was just a joke he was making because we were poking fun at the phase plug. I just read the ad copy -- you have to love Rogowski's sense of humor!
Yes, letting Beavis and Butthead name your products is a brilliant strategy*.

* If you want to have a negative impact on your sales.
cookieattk's Avatar cookieattk 11:35 AM 01-20-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post

Yes, letting Beavis and Butthead name your products is a brilliant strategy*.

* If you want to have a negative impact on your sales.

im buying 2 just b/c its a name i would put on a product. now i wish he had pics of black / red phallus wink.gif
Aaron Smith's Avatar Aaron Smith 12:19 PM 01-20-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookieattk View Post

im buying 2 just b/c its a name i would put on a product. now i wish he had pics of black / red phallus wink.gif

There you go Stick-In-The-Mud-Stereodude, looks like Rogowski is firmly in touch with his customers! tongue.gif
N8DOGG's Avatar N8DOGG 02:37 PM 01-20-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post

Yes, letting Beavis and Butthead name your products is a brilliant strategy*.

* If you want to have a negative impact on your sales.

If the name of the sub is going to stop someone from buying it, that person doesn't deserve to even have a sub to begin with. It's just a funny name that suits the product and pretty much everyone but you at least, gets a kick out of it. Although I knew there would be some that don't have a sense of humor, most of us do.
N8DOGG's Avatar N8DOGG 02:41 PM 01-20-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by weird 23 View Post

What kind of power is this driver going to need in the recommended 3.5ft enclosure?

I'd not go over 800-1000 watts. It doesn't need as much power as the UXL to get pumping. I was running 900-1000 all week and it was never in distress. The coil can't handle the power like the UXL's can but it can still take plenty. 3.5 cf is the size I had the prototype in and it was great.
weird 23's Avatar weird 23 02:47 PM 01-20-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG View Post


I'd not go over 800-1000 watts. It doesn't need as much power as the UXL to get pumping. I was running 900-1000 all week and it was never in distress. The coil can't handle the power like the UXL's can but it can still take plenty. 3.5 cf is the size I had the prototype in and it was great.

Thanks for the info. 

 

Right now I'm using a pair of SubM HP's and don't really need anymore output, just looking to spread the bass out around the room better. Do you think a pair of these would keep up well?

 

The room is small, roughly 1800 cubic ft I think, somewhere in that neighborhood and I don't listen at reference, usually in the -10 range.


N8DOGG's Avatar N8DOGG 03:20 PM 01-20-2013
I can't say as I have heard the submersive but never measured one. I'm sure it would but there will be models showing up now that the T/S specs are up. From the looks of it, 2 phallus subs off 1 EP4000 bridged is perfect power wise! about 850 watts per driver.
Stereodude's Avatar Stereodude 08:23 PM 01-20-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG View Post

If the name of the sub is going to stop someone from buying it, that person doesn't deserve to even have a sub to begin with. It's just a funny name that suits the product and pretty much everyone but you at least, gets a kick out of it. Although I knew there would be some that don't have a sense of humor, most of us do.
I don't care one way or another, but you can't possibly argue that it couldn't have an impact on sales.
gpmbc's Avatar gpmbc 08:42 PM 01-20-2013
The Phallus has an awesome parts list and looks most capable. I would have thought the qes would have been lower touting its midbass capabilities.
N8DOGG's Avatar N8DOGG 09:37 PM 01-20-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post

I don't care one way or another, but you can't possibly argue that it couldn't have an impact on sales.

I mean seriously man, if someone is that uptight that the name will make them not look at the sub, then life has gotten the better of them and it's a sad day for society. (I should say, sadder than it already is)
Antripodean's Avatar Antripodean 01:10 AM 01-21-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG View Post

Well the Phallus is ready to ship! The T/S specs are up!
Would you know the (Le) inductance? Interested in comparing the values for this and the UXL
tuxedocivic's Avatar tuxedocivic 09:36 AM 01-21-2013
I used 2mH (doesn't really matter for a simulation) and this thing looks pretty good in 125L before bracing and driver displacement is subtracted (gross) with 1000watts.
weird 23's Avatar weird 23 10:06 AM 01-21-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxedocivic View Post

I used 2mH (doesn't really matter for a simulation) and this thing looks pretty good in 125L before bracing and driver displacement is subtracted (gross) with 1000watts.

Would you mind posting the results? 

 

I'm interested in what this driver can do. 

 

Thanks.


tuxedocivic's Avatar tuxedocivic 12:30 PM 01-21-2013


That's 200L 18hz tune vs sealed 110L

EDIT - Oh ya, and a 1000 watts. Ported takes a pretty long vent. I'd personally go sealed to get all that <17hz extention.
N8DOGG's Avatar N8DOGG 03:23 PM 07-09-2013
Sooooooooooo, looks like the IXL 18 Mk2 is in stock and ready to go. Will compete with the SI and Dayton's price point from the look of it. http://www.istonline.ca/mach5_ixl_18.html
Scott Simonian's Avatar Scott Simonian 03:30 PM 07-09-2013
Good. More decent drivers on the market is always good. smile.gif
N8DOGG's Avatar N8DOGG 04:02 PM 11-16-2013
OK, I've finally got my other 4 FTW 21's up and running for a total of 8 x FTW's, 1 x G-horn (UXL), 4 x UXL's and 2 x 2242's plus the JTR's.
Bass is well, insane would be a good word lol.
All Mach 5 drivers are getting 1 channel off of a FP14 clone each. G-horn has one channel off of a IRP-2 7500 and the 2242's a inuke 6000dsp.

Here are a few quick phone pics. I'll throw a few more up once my new custom JTR center come in.





gpmbc's Avatar gpmbc 04:08 PM 11-16-2013
Man that is awesome!!
Fatshaft's Avatar Fatshaft 05:00 PM 11-16-2013
I don't know what to say!
And my friends think I'm crazy!

Wish I could hear it
Thanks for sharing...BTW I'm drooling!!!!!!!!!
chrapladm's Avatar chrapladm 06:31 PM 11-16-2013
N8 you have 12 Mach subwoofers running off a single channel?
N8DOGG's Avatar N8DOGG 11:07 PM 11-16-2013
no, each sub has 1 channel. I have 6 x fp14000's
Scott Simonian's Avatar Scott Simonian 02:25 AM 11-17-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG View Post

OK, I've finally got my other 4 FTW 21's up and running for a total of 8 x FTW's, 1 x G-horn (UXL), 4 x UXL's and 2 x 2242's plus the JTR's.
Bass is well, insane would be a good word lol.
All Mach 5 drivers are getting 1 channel off of a FP14 clone each. G-horn has one channel off of a IRP-2 7500 and the 2242's a inuke 6000dsp.




Me:



.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.



N8:


Scott Simonian's Avatar Scott Simonian 02:26 AM 11-17-2013
Wow wow wow wow wow!

Sooo yeah.... you win at the internet.
LTD02's Avatar LTD02 05:15 AM 11-17-2013
i don't even know what to say...after just sitting here looking at those pics for about the last 5 minutes...i still don't have any words...
First ... 23  24  25 26 

Up
Mobile  Desktop