Lab Gruppen FP14000 clone amplifiers - Page 175 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 221Likes

Old 12-09-2015, 06:44 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 194 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2444 Post(s)
Liked: 2225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreds View Post
Rob, how about not acting like a contentious female when you address me.

I double checked with Dave through email about this before my first post. Here is what he wrote me back in detail:

"Rob Mosher e-mailed me in April of 2011. He showed me info he got from CVR, Tasso and Gisen, 3 agents who sell LG, Crown, QSC, Yamaha, etc., knock off amps.

I told him that CVR and Tasso were huge rip off agents and that Gisen wasn't far behind. I suggested he try Sanway because I had already purchased several amps through him a year earlier and had a decent experience with him.

I also told him that I had moved on to other agents/manufacturers because i didn't like the fact that the LG case patent was being blatantly violated, and other reasons.

I also explained that the amp he would be buying were likely what was called back then the K platform amps and not an actual LG clone amp.

At the time, I had no idea he would post the info at AVS. Hard to believe he's still recommending Johnson Tang to AVS members. I was just happy to help him out and glad he did not go with the likes of CVR while dropping four grand in cash.

Later on, after Rob bought 4 amps from Sanway and started the clone thread as though he found Sanway himself and as though he knew anything about the amps he bought (or does today, for that matter), I tried to offer a dozen other agents who sell the same products, many of which are scratch and dent rejects from the actual manufacturers, as leverage to help members get better quality assurance at the best price, but that fell on deaf ears. After all, it's just common sense that having members regularly post nonsense like "We know we might get hosed if we buy from Sanway but so what, let's do it anyway…", etc., is pure lunacy.

Funny stuff that now he knows all about the amplifiers I'm offering. Really."

We're offering the amps on our site as a convenience. Anyone who believes Rob Mosher knows better, by all means go right ahead and follow his sage advice. We really don't care either way. We only responded to many requests from interested people who don't really want to join Alibaba and throw a $1,000 dart at the wall and hope they hit their target.
Oh, used my name. rofl. You're getting a little spammy here with your sales pitch. I do have the original emails, even the ones where Dave is asking me how to measure voltage at the speaker terminals :/ I never tried to pass it off as if it was my idea. Dave was hinting at the clone amps on AVS for a while. I ordered some, they worked, so I shared it. Plenty of prosound people were all over these already anyway, so it's not like it was even an original idea of his, why are you trying to pass it off as so? Also, the story passed to you varies from reality. He was considering ordering from Gisen and said he was avoiding Tasso and CVR due to worrying about copyright issues. I guess I didn't realize at the time he was going to be selling these online. I did talk to all of these companies individually before posting this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave
To tell you the truth, the main reason I'm trying another shop is that I don't want to hear from Lab's legal department some day down the road out of the blue. Tasso and CVR and a host of others sell Crown, QSC, etc amps that are identical (looking anyway, and even with the same model numbers) copies and I have no idea what the ramifications are to that sort of thing. But, in the case of Lab, their stuff is proprietary and patented and these guys are not only copying them, but they look identical on the exterior and are even tagged "FP Series" on the front panel with the FPxxxxx model number.

I'd rather get into an amp that has a completely different exterior so as not to call any attention to myself down the road. Maybe I'm just paranoid. Maybe I'll hate this latest guy's product and go back to Sanway/Ho Young or Gisen, who knows? But for now, I'm looking into a more unique and totally different looking package.

Last edited by notnyt; 12-09-2015 at 07:21 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2015, 07:22 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlah384 View Post
How hard would it be to beef up the power supply on the clone? I think that's the only weakness on the clone? Or is that what these "enhanced clones" are that are on alibaba now?
I am also very interested in finding out if the newer Sanway amps fixed this issue too. Sanway lists the "FP-new series" on their website but don't really explain what that means.

Also, do the variable speed fans actually work now? It seemed like the HT fan version had some problems for people.

Graphs do not lie. But they do say whatever we want them to say - PT 2010
Old 12-09-2015, 07:25 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinMonster View Post
He will post his own intro. I will post pics of the amps I have later. I'm not selling anything and just sharing an option. I like how they look. The meters are vertical rather than horizontal.
So when will we hear from your friend? Are you waiting on testing by Not?

Graphs do not lie. But they do say whatever we want them to say - PT 2010

Old 12-09-2015, 03:49 PM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 293 Post(s)
Liked: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnyt View Post
You're getting a little spammy here with your sales pitch.
Stop implying to members of this forum that you know what amps we use and I'll gladly stay out of this thread.

Quote:
Plenty of prosound people were all over these already anyway, so it's not like it was even an original idea of his, why are you trying to pass it off as so?
I didn't bring it up to start a credit war debate. I'm pointing out to readers that Bosso didn't stop at buying 4 Sanways 5 years ago. We have learned a tremendous amount since those days and have tested more amplifiers than you have in your measuring amplifiers thread. This is the reason for the decision on the current line and backing them with a warranty.
Old 12-09-2015, 04:29 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreds View Post
Stop implying to members of this forum that you know what amps we use and I'll gladly stay out of this thread.

I didn't bring it up to start a credit war debate. I'm pointing out to readers that Bosso didn't stop at buying 4 Sanways 5 years ago. We have learned a tremendous amount since those days and have tested more amplifiers than you have in your measuring amplifiers thread. This is the reason for the decision on the current line and backing them with a warranty.
I even said your warranty was a good thing, but there's a difference between trying to provide information and help others save money, vs trying to make a buck. If you want to be a vendor, that's cool I guess, but seems kind of shady how you're going about it like it's some huge favor to everyone and anyone who goes a different path is retarded.
Old 12-10-2015, 03:13 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Okay, so what's the best drama free place to snag a decent, reliable example of a 14k from now?
Old 12-10-2015, 04:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDyna View Post
Okay, so what's the best drama free place to snag a decent, reliable example of a 14k from now?

Looks like direct from Sanway is the most cost effective option at roughly $800 delivered, there are 2 Sanway 1400's on eBay for $1550 obo each or you can buy the one Bosso sells with a warranty for $1699.
Old 12-10-2015, 04:51 AM

On a side note look what I found on Alibaba....look familiar? They also have a 32" version available!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	24.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	242.0 KB
ID:	1110362  
Old 12-10-2015, 03:54 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 410 Post(s)
Liked: 178
Old 12-10-2015, 04:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY27 View Post
Looks like direct from Sanway is the most cost effective option at roughly $800 delivered, there are 2 Sanway 1400's on eBay for $1550 obo each or you can buy the one Bosso sells with a warranty for $1699.
Sanway sent me this email:

Quote:
I am Johnson from Sanway Professional Audio Equipment Co.,Limited, nice to know you would like to purchase our FP14000, which is a 2x2350w@8ohms; 2x4400w@4ohms; 2x7000w@2ohms two channnel power amplifier, it is us$726.00 per unit.

The sound quality and reliability of our FP14000 is same as original LABGRUPPEN, please see attached high solution pictures and user manual for reference, our FP14000 is stable on 2 ohms load, we also should provide two years warranty.

If you want to order one FP14000 to check quality at first, the total amount is us$726+us$150(DHL shipping cost to USA)+us$876x4%(PAYPAL commission)=us$911.04;
If you want to purchase two FP14000, the total amount will be us$726x2+us$250(DHL shipping cost to USA)+us$1702x4%(PAYPAL commission)=us$1770.08;

Please tell me how many FP14000 you want to purchase.

For your first sample order, it is better to pay by PAYPAL, but you should pay extra 4% commission, OK? Our PAYPAL account is sales@china-sanway.com , please tell me your delivery address; telephone number and consignee name after paid, we have ready FP14000 in stock, i will send them out upon receipt of payment without delay.

Of course, if you don't like to pay by PAYPAL, we also can accept payment by bank transfer or Western Union.

Another thing, i will send you FP14000 with 110V version and American Power Plug, which can operate from 65V to 135V voltage range, OK?

Waiting for reply here, if you have any question or query, please let me know.

Thank you,
Johnson
And this email:

Quote:
We are copying the PLM20000Q, but we need more time to test before launch, i will give you info and price at that time.

I have give you details info about our FP14000, which is a 2x2350w@8ohms; 2x4400w@4ohms; 2x7000w@2ohms two channel amp, it is us$726.00 per unit. Our FP14000 is stable on 2 ohms load, we also should provide two years warranty. Please tell me how many FP14000 you would like to purchase, then check the best shipipng cost and delivery time.

Thank you,
Johnson
Old 12-10-2015, 04:02 PM

Quote:
They have the 24" too but I think SI changes the motors on them.
That is a pic of the 24, SI does have a different motor assembly but I wonder how big of a difference that would make? There is a video on YouTube of a russian car stereo shop that bought a 32" and had it installed in a car... 163DB!
Old 12-10-2015, 04:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
That is a pic of the 24, SI does have a different motor assembly but I wonder how big of a difference that would make? There is a video on YouTube of a russian car stereo shop that bought a 32" and had it installed in a car... 163DB!
They all get their parts from overseas. I think those are the exact cones and baskets and I don't think it's that hard to change the motors, etc... People recone their subs, etc all the time.
Old 12-10-2015, 04:21 PM
Advanced Member

Of course, the challenge is, Alibaba is B2B so you have to deal with minimum order requirements. I'm trying to buy 7 pieces of furniture off alibaba right now, but the shipping is $2900... So it gets tricky...
Old 12-10-2015, 04:39 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 3198 Post(s)
Liked: 2336
Isn't that what aliexpress is for? Customer2B...
Old 12-10-2015, 04:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
Isn't that what aliexpress is for? Customer2B...
Aliexpress is very high markup...and they can't get a LOT of the things on alibaba...
Old 12-10-2015, 07:56 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 272 Post(s)
Liked: 257
Quote:
Sanway sent me this email:

The sound quality and reliability of our FP14000 is same as original LABGRUPPEN, please see attached high solution pictures and user manual for reference, our FP14000 is stable on 2 ohms load, we also should provide two years warranty.
Keyword is SHOULD.

Display 2013 Samsung 75" UN75F6300 TV Media Xbox One S, Dune Solo, QNAP TS-453A NAS
Pre/Amp Marantz 7702mk2 Processor + DIY 11ch Icepower 50ASX2BTL Monoblock Amp Amp Build Link
7.2.4 Speakers DIYSG 1099s (LCR), Volt 10LX (SL, SR), Volt 8LX (BL, BR), Volt 10LX (TF, TR) Volt Build Link
Subs Dual 19Hz DIY Ported UXL-18s + FP14k Amp + MiniDSP 2x4 Balanced Tactile Crowsons + iNuke 6000DSP
Old 12-11-2015, 12:16 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

si builds the 24 with that basket, cone, surround, and dust cap, but I believe he uses his own spiders, motors, and voice coil.
Old 12-11-2015, 08:11 AM

Quote:
si builds the 24 with that basket, cone, surround, and dust cap, but I believe he uses his own spiders, motors, and voice coil.
I wonder how much better the SI driver is than the one from the supplier is in real world use....not paper specs. I have trying to read through the thread but let me just ask in cased I missed it, have you had any problems with your Sanway amps in the 3-4 years you have owned them?
Old 12-11-2015, 09:27 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I wonder how much better the SI driver is than the one from the supplier is in real world use....not paper specs. I have trying to read through the thread but let me just ask in cased I missed it, have you had any problems with your Sanway amps in the 3-4 years you have owned them?
One of the limiter circuits on one channel isn't quite right in hard mode. Works fine in soft mode. Received it this way, and could have gotten parts to fix it, but I don't use it so I don't care. It just lights up the limiter light in that mode. Other than that, haven't had any trouble.
Old 12-11-2015, 10:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Since SI replaces spider, VC, motor, it will be a huge difference.
Old 12-11-2015, 10:14 AM

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 608 Post(s)
Liked: 2689
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMcG View Post
Without joining Alibaba, what is the current going rate for one of these delivered to the US (ballpark)?
I think everyone said just buy it direct .
Old 12-17-2015, 06:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Does anyone have any experience with these new (I assume) class D sanway multichannel amps?

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...516260435.html

http://sanway.en.alibaba.com/product...Amplifier.html

The 8 channel model (DA5008 - 500 watts/channel 8 ohm, s/n>109dB ) for ~$812 dollars looks pretty tasty to me.

Last edited by Davecraze; 12-17-2015 at 06:45 PM.
Old 12-18-2015, 12:33 PM

OK, I have 4 120v Sanway FP14000's ordered and will have 4 dedicated 10# circuits with 30a breakers, what plug outlet is everyone using? I have only been able to find a 20a in a standard duplex so far, is that what most use or did you attach a new plug to the power cord and use the twist lock style? Yes I did use the search function in the thread!
Old 12-18-2015, 01:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 171
4?...holy shuzz-butt! Powwwwwwweeerrrrrrrr....
Old 12-18-2015, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blah450 View Post
4?...holy shuzz-butt! Powwwwwwweeerrrrrrrr....
It's like the old saying in the fast car or boat biz... speed cost money! How fast you wanna Go? Another good one is.. it's only money, you can always make more! Seriously though these are so inexpensive for what you get it's a no brainer imo.
Old 12-19-2015, 08:21 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
OK, I have 4 120v Sanway FP14000's ordered and will have 4 dedicated 10# circuits with 30a breakers, what plug outlet is everyone using? I have only been able to find a 20a in a standard duplex so far, is that what most use or did you attach a new plug to the power cord and use the twist lock style? Yes I did use the search function in the thread!
A 5-20R outlet would be illegal on a 30A circuit. You need a 5-30R or if you want twist lock a L5-30R
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5-30R.JPG
Views:	119
Size:	13.2 KB
ID:	1129874   Click image for larger version

Name:	L5-30R.JPG
Views:	116
Size:	12.3 KB
ID:	1129882  

Anthem MRX510, OPPO BDP103, 2x Emotiva XPA-100, Elusive 1099 LCR in progress, LG FP9000 Clone, 2x Dayton Ultimax 15 tuned to 14Hz
Old 12-19-2015, 08:47 AM

What about just using a 20a duplex then? The plug that comes on the 120v version is a 15a correct? Common sense says that a 15a plug and receptacle would the weakest link in a circuit with a 30a breaker.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
Old 12-19-2015, 02:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Devil 24 View Post
A 5-20R outlet would be illegal on a 30A circuit. You need a 5-30R or if you want twist lock a L5-30R
It's not illegal, you can do what you want with your own property. It would only be illegal if you were a contractor building a house for someone and breaking code; it just wouldn't pass inspection in that case.
Old 12-19-2015, 02:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
What about just using a 20a duplex then? The plug that comes on the 120v version is a 15a correct? Common sense says that a 15a plug and receptacle would the weakest link in a circuit with a 30a breaker.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
I use a 30amp breaker on a 20amp socket. It works great. The same materials are used to make the 15amp, 20amp, 30amp, etc plugs and sockets. They all can handle over 30amps continuous. The plug/socket pattern is strictly a code thing especially when it comes to different voltages such as 120v and 240v. The different plugs/sockets prevent the mistake of plugging a 120v appliance into a 240v socket, etc...
Old 12-19-2015, 03:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 233
Quote:
I use a 30amp breaker on a 20amp socket. It works great. The same materials are used to make the 15amp, 20amp, 30amp, etc plugs and sockets. They all can handle over 30amps continuous. The plug/socket pattern is strictly a code thing especially when it comes to different voltages such as 120v and 240v. The different plugs/sockets prevent the mistake of plugging a 120v appliance into a 240v socket, etc...
I do the same. Perfect solution in my case.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Lab Gruppen Fp 14000 , Sanway Fp 10000q
Gear in this thread