Lab Gruppen FP14000 clone amplifiers - Page 181 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!



Forum Jump: 
 196Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #5401 of 5606 Old 04-19-2016, 11:17 PM
AVS Special Member
 
BassThatHz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Northern Okan range (NW Cascades region)
Posts: 6,702
Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1827 Post(s)
Liked: 1399
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnyt View Post
I mean, if you're using the amp in an actual professional gig, the better option is to buy an actual amp from lab gruppen :/
Exactly. If you are making money out of using the product, then it is only ethical and proper to pay the authentic copyright holder. i.e. Gruppen.
Not only that... but it comes with QC and a warranty and good tech support too.

You'd only want to have a Sanway as a cheap emergency-backup amp; and you might want to turn it down because a clone isn't gonna be as good as the real-deal (or at least you'd hope not...)
(Although... if you were a DIY'er then maybe you'd hope it were "as-good". Even if it's false hope. That said, I think these clones are a fairly good copy of the original, just not flawless copies, they don't have all the bits. Like networking...)

Last edited by BassThatHz; 04-19-2016 at 11:21 PM.
BassThatHz is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #5402 of 5606 Old 04-20-2016, 10:55 AM
Advanced Member
 
nwf477's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 615
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Not this means much to everyone however I am excited, DHL called me and said I was going to get my package Friday ( the FP14000 ). Even though with 4 Infinity's 1262W and 2 Audiopipe TXX BD2 15's it does not sound bad but you can really tell something is missing. Problem will be solved very soon.
nwf477 is offline  
post #5403 of 5606 Old 04-20-2016, 11:13 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Decadent_Spectre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,337
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassThatHz View Post
The CA-30 is 264000uF primary caps, I believe it has 52 transistors, 100-150w per.
Not sure what the toroid is rated for, but it is 3RU tall so it looks like it means business... the amp is 103lbs.

After much though I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on a CA-30. If you don't try something new, then you learn nothing. I'd rather try and fail, than miss a potentially record breaking bass amplifier.

The most power Class-H amp I've used is a EP4000. Which is only 37lbs and 16 transistors.
Please post a thread/PM me your impressions, particularly long term output (3db crest/sine), fan noise,reliability under stress and power draw, all @ 2 ohm stereo/4 ohm bridged.
Decadent_Spectre is offline  
post #5404 of 5606 Old 05-03-2016, 05:29 PM
Advanced Member
 
nwf477's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 615
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Just thought I would give my opinion of the FP14000. Power wise it is a beast no question but getting an amp without any problems is like flipping a coin. It was mentioned numerous times about the amp power cycling and the remedy to fix it later on it was also mentioned the new power supply has a trimmer installed to correct the problem. I can say for a fact that is not the case I have V7 not even 2 weeks after I got the amp did it start cycling. I understand you are taking a gamble when buying these but paying 900 for an amp that has problems less then 2 weeks after you get it? Its kind of like going to Shaky Jakes used car lot and expecting a great car. Dealing with Johnson is a joke as many times as people have complained about the cycling problem he still wants you to explain everything several times and then you have to wait only after I decided to get a little stern did he respond now he wants to send me a new power supply board minus the caps and transformer so I can take it and get these parts swapped out. Since when does a warranty end up costing you even more money?? Hindsight is 20/20 but buying into this was a mistake on my part maybe if you were a tech and had the proper equip to troubleshoot and fix this its no big deal but for people like me I should have saved a little more money and purchased one of Boss's amp. At least then if there is a problem there is a warranty and you do not have to play e-mail tag with Johnson. So for anyone considering buyer beware!!
muzz likes this.
nwf477 is offline  
post #5405 of 5606 Old 05-03-2016, 06:47 PM
Advanced Member
 
Iron Maiden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: NorCal
Posts: 893
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 517 Post(s)
Liked: 191
That sucks. Sorry to hear it. That makes me worry about the Fp10000q I bought and have yet to use.

60" Panasonic Plasma ~ BenQ HT1075 / 92" Screen~Onkyo TX-NR3008(Pre/Pro)
Earthquake Cinenova Grande Amplifier ~ Oppo BDP-103 ~ Xbox One & PS4
Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista Tube DAC ~ Monster Cable Signature Series HTPS7000
Energy Veritas V2.3i (mains)~Veritas V2.4i (Front Wides)~Veritas V2.2i (center)
Energy Veritas V2.1 & CAT Tiburons(Surr)~Subs: 2 FTW-21's/2 UXL-18's~Fp10000q clone/2x4dsp
Iron Maiden is offline  
post #5406 of 5606 Old 05-03-2016, 07:54 PM
Senior Member
 
fperra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Tacoma, WA USA
Posts: 259
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 71
I bought my FP14000 almost 2 years ago , hooked it up to my 2 subwoofers, and as of yet, not one problem. Luck of the draw, who knows??? I have to admit, I haven't driven it too hard as my listening room is not that big.
fperra is offline  
post #5407 of 5606 Old 05-03-2016, 09:48 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
notnyt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 6,690
Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1511 Post(s)
Liked: 1543
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwf477 View Post
Just thought I would give my opinion of the FP14000. Power wise it is a beast no question but getting an amp without any problems is like flipping a coin. It was mentioned numerous times about the amp power cycling and the remedy to fix it later on it was also mentioned the new power supply has a trimmer installed to correct the problem. I can say for a fact that is not the case I have V7 not even 2 weeks after I got the amp did it start cycling. I understand you are taking a gamble when buying these but paying 900 for an amp that has problems less then 2 weeks after you get it? Its kind of like going to Shaky Jakes used car lot and expecting a great car. Dealing with Johnson is a joke as many times as people have complained about the cycling problem he still wants you to explain everything several times and then you have to wait only after I decided to get a little stern did he respond now he wants to send me a new power supply board minus the caps and transformer so I can take it and get these parts swapped out. Since when does a warranty end up costing you even more money?? Hindsight is 20/20 but buying into this was a mistake on my part maybe if you were a tech and had the proper equip to troubleshoot and fix this its no big deal but for people like me I should have saved a little more money and purchased one of Boss's amp. At least then if there is a problem there is a warranty and you do not have to play e-mail tag with Johnson. So for anyone considering buyer beware!!
Getting it repaired is generally cheaper than shipping it back. Anyway, it's likely an easy fix. This is why you should pay with paypal if you're worried about receiving a bum unit.
notnyt is offline  
post #5408 of 5606 Old 05-03-2016, 11:06 PM
Advanced Member
 
nwf477's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 615
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked: 93
So I can go thru PayPal great never thought about that.I did use PayPal for the purchase I will contact them tomorrow. By the way I am not saying someone should not buy the amp but if you do be prepared it may or may not work. Johnson will send you a new board but you have to either do it yourself or pay someone to swap things over so in my case I figure a 100 maybe for getting a new power supply board ( getting a new one minus transformer and caps plus getting the old swapped over ) now I also have another problem checking voltage something inside the amp sparked so now Ch.B has the red mute lite on and the yellow temp lite. This POS amp is less than 2 weeks old with one problem after another. I am asking for an exchange or money back.
nwf477 is offline  
post #5409 of 5606 Old 05-04-2016, 01:39 AM
Advanced Member
 
nwf477's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 615
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked: 93
I went ahead and filed a dispute with PayPal and explained my reasons for doing so. I am requesting either an exchange or a full refund come on 2 problems in 2 weeks great product!! I e-mailed Johnson wrote that I filed a dispute and my only change would be to pay for the shipping of one of the amps whether it s the one I send back or the new one other then that the only thing I will accept is a full refund. It just sucks when you spend 900 for something that is brand new and it has a problem that was supposedly fixed ( power cycling with a trimmer vs. the resistors ) with the newer versions and now I check the voltage which Johnson suggested and something sparks and CH.B is out. By the way in case your thinking I did not short the leads something caused it to spark. I checked for visible signs of something burnt or blown nothing fuses are okay fans come on CH.A works fine. Maybe not every amp Sanway sells is a Lemon but I sure as hell got a rotten one.
nwf477 is offline  
post #5410 of 5606 Old 05-04-2016, 01:45 AM
AVS Special Member
 
BassThatHz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Northern Okan range (NW Cascades region)
Posts: 6,702
Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1827 Post(s)
Liked: 1399
Unluck of the draw I guess!
People theorized that the kinks were all worked out. (Clearly not...)

I haven't yet had a single problem with any of my Sanways. 5 years and counting, with thousands of hours. (Knocks on wood.)

That said, all my Crown amps have problems, and are in need of various-degrees of repair.
99% of the problems happened in the first 200 hours of use.
But they are now all 7 years old... with thousands of hours on each of them.
I'm shocked they lasted this long under my heavy handedness.

I blew up my Velodyne amp within 2 years, and also my LT/1300 amp before I even got my boxes done, the first 100 hours.

I never expected the Crown's or Sanway's to even last me a year, but they have...

Last edited by BassThatHz; 05-04-2016 at 01:49 AM.
BassThatHz is online now  
post #5411 of 5606 Old 05-04-2016, 04:03 AM
AVS Special Member
 
popalock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Doha, Qatar
Posts: 4,933
Mentioned: 128 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1229 Post(s)
Liked: 1698
Send a message via Skype™ to popalock
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwf477 View Post
Just thought I would give my opinion of the FP14000. Power wise it is a beast no question but getting an amp without any problems is like flipping a coin. It was mentioned numerous times about the amp power cycling and the remedy to fix it later on it was also mentioned the new power supply has a trimmer installed to correct the problem. I can say for a fact that is not the case I have V7 not even 2 weeks after I got the amp did it start cycling. I understand you are taking a gamble when buying these but paying 900 for an amp that has problems less then 2 weeks after you get it? Its kind of like going to Shaky Jakes used car lot and expecting a great car. Dealing with Johnson is a joke as many times as people have complained about the cycling problem he still wants you to explain everything several times and then you have to wait only after I decided to get a little stern did he respond now he wants to send me a new power supply board minus the caps and transformer so I can take it and get these parts swapped out. Since when does a warranty end up costing you even more money?? Hindsight is 20/20 but buying into this was a mistake on my part maybe if you were a tech and had the proper equip to troubleshoot and fix this its no big deal but for people like me I should have saved a little more money and purchased one of Boss's amp. At least then if there is a problem there is a warranty and you do not have to play e-mail tag with Johnson. So for anyone considering buyer beware!!
Sucks man. I've flipped the coin four (4) times now and have only been screwed on the first one (1) I bought and it was used.. Hope everything works out ok for you. I too have considered Bosso's amps, but personally, my end goal would be to get away from anything that is "cloneish" and get something assembled in America. Speakerpower is on the top of my list, I just wish they made a few different four (4) channel rack mount options because I am anal retentive and want all of my amps to match! <----Wow, total d!#k move that I just made this post about me...

Oh, and don't fault Johnson for asking the series of questions that he does. While I am sure he comes across a lot of the same problems (my faulty clone had the cycling issue as well), it suck if he just shot from the hip and charged people for parts without asking the detailed questions...only to found out he sent the wrong wrong part?
popalock is offline  
post #5412 of 5606 Old 05-04-2016, 04:28 AM
Advanced Member
 
nwf477's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 615
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked: 93
I also understand he is one person and he has to follow rules just like everyone else. I read where it was mentioned that the newer amp had the cycling problem fixed PURE BS. My amp has V7 power supply is has the std. 2 resitors that all the older amps had go figure!! He claims they have a warranty lets see in 2 weeks the cycling and now one channel problems what does he offer? He offers to send me a new power supply board but I have to swap the caps and transformer from the old to the new or PAY to have someone do this to FIX a PROBLEM THAT SANWAY SUPPOSEDLY TOOK CARE OF !!. Now I have the problem with CH.B what is next this is beyond stupid. What a great warranty buy a brand new product based on comments made by others all on good faith, amp is a POS now I am expected to pay to have it fixed. If he sends me a new amp great but either refund or a new amp nothing else otherwise I will make sure he understands how upset I am. I am also hoping that by filing the claim with PayPal it will help in getting this issue resolved to my satisfaction. I will be damned if I ever buy anything from Sanway or any other place in China that sells clones. Maybe Bossobass amps cost more but he does offer a real warranty he is located in North Carolina what do you want to bet if you have a problem do you think he is going to send you a part by troubleshooting it over the phone and then its up to you to get it fixed do not see that taking place. Maybe Sanway should start repairing everything the first company that does all the trouble shooting over the phone. They will send you a part might work might not what do they care they are Sanway. Sorry for the rant but being on disability stinks so money is tight I spend 900 for a brand new amp and what do I get a 50lb paperweight. Thank you SANWAY your the frickin best NOT!!!
nwf477 is offline  
post #5413 of 5606 Old 05-04-2016, 05:22 AM
Advanced Member
 
nwf477's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 615
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Just thought I would add this hoping it helps others who are fed up with Sanways Exclusive Warranty!! If you purchased the amp using PayPal you are totally within your rights to file a claim you can either escalate the claim or wait 20 days for Sanway to respond. I chose to escalate if they do not respond within 10 days I will get a full refund. The rep I spoke to at PayPal replied that the 2 options I gave Sanway were fair. So bottom line one way or another I will be taken care of and I will not have to deal with screwing around with an amp that was faulty to start with. So if anyone has their doubts about SANWAY you are taking a chance if you choose to buy from them but if you do and you get a lemon like I did you do not have to bother with going back and forth with Johnson go straight to PayPal and file a claim. Maybe this will help others I sincerely hope so.
nwf477 is offline  
post #5414 of 5606 Old 05-04-2016, 05:41 AM
Senior Member
 
Hoodcom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 280
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Hmm, that still adds some concerns for me as I've been interested in the FP10000Q for some time, just never pulled the trigger.


Though I also wouldn't mind doing repairs either though, since I am a bit of a DIYer. I've been working on repairing a vintage Pioneer SX-1250 receiver, so surely an amp wouldn't be too much more difficult with the right parts.
Hoodcom is offline  
post #5415 of 5606 Old 05-04-2016, 06:19 AM
Advanced Member
 
nwf477's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 615
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked: 93
If you do not mind working on it great but what bothers me if you buy something brand new you should not have to either have it fixed or figure out what is wrong with it right away. I realize to some 900.00 is not that much but to me it is a lot and then less then 2 weeks and 2 screwed up problems. I am sure there are plenty who have never had any problems but I am also sure there are plenty that have. For me this is just too much BS and I am done with it so either refund or new amp and I would almost rather have the refund less chance of that going bad.
nwf477 is offline  
post #5416 of 5606 Old 05-04-2016, 06:47 AM
Advanced Member
 
lz7j's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 832
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 545 Post(s)
Liked: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwf477 View Post
Just thought I would add this hoping it helps others who are fed up with Sanways Exclusive Warranty!! If you purchased the amp using PayPal you are totally within your rights to file a claim you can either escalate the claim or wait 20 days for Sanway to respond. I chose to escalate if they do not respond within 10 days I will get a full refund. The rep I spoke to at PayPal replied that the 2 options I gave Sanway were fair. So bottom line one way or another I will be taken care of and I will not have to deal with screwing around with an amp that was faulty to start with. So if anyone has their doubts about SANWAY you are taking a chance if you choose to buy from them but if you do and you get a lemon like I did you do not have to bother with going back and forth with Johnson go straight to PayPal and file a claim. Maybe this will help others I sincerely hope so.
Norm, glad to see there's a path towards a resolution. I hope Sanway steps up and takes care of you by shipping you a new working amp with a return label. You shouldn't be responsible for any additional shipping, imo.

Issues aside, when the fp14k was working, was it a significant improvement over your crest 7.5?
lz7j is offline  
post #5417 of 5606 Old 05-04-2016, 07:13 AM
Advanced Member
 
nwf477's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 615
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked: 93
There is absolutely no comparison hands down a helluva lot more powerful. On the other hand the Crest was the clear winner as far as being reliable not once did I ever have any problems with that amp. The Junkway 2 problems within 2 weeks. Considering your choice on going with the SpeakerPower if you can afford it I think that amp should be dead on reliable. I on the other hand provided I get the refund will go with Bossobass version of the clone. The amp has been thoroughly tested prior to being sent out and if their is a problem I can get it fixed instead of here I will send you this but you need to swap things over etc etc. I am done with San- I mean Junkway.
nwf477 is offline  
post #5418 of 5606 Old 05-04-2016, 07:32 AM
Member
 
j.d.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 61
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwf477 View Post
Just thought I would give my opinion of the FP14000. Power wise it is a beast no question but getting an amp without any problems is like flipping a coin. It was mentioned numerous times about the amp power cycling and the remedy to fix it later on it was also mentioned the new power supply has a trimmer installed to correct the problem. I can say for a fact that is not the case I have V7 not even 2 weeks after I got the amp did it start cycling. I understand you are taking a gamble when buying these but paying 900 for an amp that has problems less then 2 weeks after you get it? Its kind of like going to Shaky Jakes used car lot and expecting a great car. Dealing with Johnson is a joke as many times as people have complained about the cycling problem he still wants you to explain everything several times and then you have to wait only after I decided to get a little stern did he respond now he wants to send me a new power supply board minus the caps and transformer so I can take it and get these parts swapped out. Since when does a warranty end up costing you even more money?? Hindsight is 20/20 but buying into this was a mistake on my part maybe if you were a tech and had the proper equip to troubleshoot and fix this its no big deal but for people like me I should have saved a little more money and purchased one of Boss's amp. At least then if there is a problem there is a warranty and you do not have to play e-mail tag with Johnson. So for anyone considering buyer beware!!
If they won't warrant their product, then nobody should buy it. Or buy a product that at least functions as intended. Lets see if BTH's CA30 works as it is supposed to. That is a simple class H design, so if it has issues, then there is a QC problem.
j.d. is offline  
post #5419 of 5606 Old 05-04-2016, 07:40 AM
Senior Member
 
Hoodcom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 280
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwf477 View Post
If you do not mind working on it great but what bothers me if you buy something brand new you should not have to either have it fixed or figure out what is wrong with it right away. I realize to some 900.00 is not that much but to me it is a lot and then less then 2 weeks and 2 screwed up problems. I am sure there are plenty who have never had any problems but I am also sure there are plenty that have. For me this is just too much BS and I am done with it so either refund or new amp and I would almost rather have the refund less chance of that going bad.
Yeah, though in my mind, I was more or less thinking after a year or so of use.

I do completely agree though, I'd be upset with it lasting for under two weeks.



Huh, so you have the Crest 7.5? I have the Crest 5 equivalent, the Peavey IPR2 5000. I've been wondering if these clone amps (or the legit amps) would provide me more benefit in my system. I've been wanting to add more subwoofers at some point, and the FP10000Q seemed to fit the bill. I keep loving the fact you can get a nice power house with four channels in a 2U rack amp.
Hoodcom is offline  
post #5420 of 5606 Old 05-04-2016, 07:56 AM
Member
 
Rockerob's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Thank to everyone's knowledge being collected here on this amp, it's a real reflection of the company values at Sanway.

I brought my FP14000 from a Ebay seller thinking he was offering support, and when the amp went down a year later he was gone.
I found Johnson after that, but being a serving person myself, found his replies distasteful and duty of care lacking.
Eventually i decided to tackle the problem in the future when time and money permitted.
Two years later trying to clean up the workshop, i picked up the amp and did a ****load of Googling before i found the 10k variable resistor mod here for VPL power cycle and fixed the high power output.

Being half Scottish, i don't like putting my hands too deep into my pockets, especially since it was within the warranty period, and for such a common problem and BS in-between, but, i must say im rather pleased it's back in the rack kicking subs again.

Would i buy again? Yes, but you must hone your component troubleshooting skills for that odd one that faults.

I don't know what Lab Gruppen has to say about them, but Sanway was smart going for a kick ass design that tight ass audio guys drool over in bang for buck compared to the originals price.
I see a few warranty claims turn out happy but those stuck in the bush see a potential boat anchor in regards to REAL service.

A decent amp if you find the flaws within warranty period.
Rockerob is offline  
post #5421 of 5606 Old 05-04-2016, 09:12 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
notnyt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 6,690
Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1511 Post(s)
Liked: 1543
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwf477 View Post
So I can go thru PayPal great never thought about that.I did use PayPal for the purchase I will contact them tomorrow. By the way I am not saying someone should not buy the amp but if you do be prepared it may or may not work. Johnson will send you a new board but you have to either do it yourself or pay someone to swap things over so in my case I figure a 100 maybe for getting a new power supply board ( getting a new one minus transformer and caps plus getting the old swapped over ) now I also have another problem checking voltage something inside the amp sparked so now Ch.B has the red mute lite on and the yellow temp lite. This POS amp is less than 2 weeks old with one problem after another. I am asking for an exchange or money back.
So you shorted something inside the amp and blew out a channel and it's their fault? You also said you hooked the amp up wrong in the first place, it's possible you damaged something then as well.

Last edited by notnyt; 05-04-2016 at 09:19 AM.
notnyt is offline  
post #5422 of 5606 Old 05-04-2016, 09:33 AM
AVS Special Member
 
rhodesj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,684
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 768 Post(s)
Liked: 432
I for one am not going to blame the user for a short when the "support" guy in China asks the likely-inexperienced end user to poke around inside the amp and troubleshoot the issues with the amp.
muzz likes this.
rhodesj is offline  
post #5423 of 5606 Old 05-04-2016, 11:10 AM
Advanced Member
 
nwf477's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 615
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnyt View Post
So you shorted something inside the amp and blew out a channel and it's their fault? You also said you hooked the amp up wrong in the first place, it's possible you damaged something then as well.
No you misread I was checking the output voltage I never shorted anything the probes were not even on the amp when it sparked. Not once did I ever abuse the amp I may have had it hooked up wrong but promptly fixed the issue. So in your expert opinion it is totally okay to get an amp that power cycles within 2 weeks check voltages per Johnson instructions and the amp shorts on its own. The only real problem I had was setting the limiter and the gain the amp not once gave me any indication of any problems until it started to cycle. I am very happy you love your amps I think it stinks. Apparently what is acceptable to you is different then what I think and that is okay. Sorry for bothering you it will not happen again.
nwf477 is offline  
post #5424 of 5606 Old 05-04-2016, 11:21 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
notnyt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 6,690
Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1511 Post(s)
Liked: 1543
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwf477 View Post
No you misread I was checking the output voltage I never shorted anything the probes were not even on the amp when it sparked. Not once did I ever abuse the amp I may have had it hooked up wrong but promptly fixed the issue. So in your expert opinion it is totally okay to get an amp that power cycles within 2 weeks check voltages per Johnson instructions and the amp shorts on its own. The only real problem I had was setting the limiter and the gain the amp not once gave me any indication of any problems until it started to cycle. I am very happy you love your amps I think it stinks. Apparently what is acceptable to you is different then what I think and that is okay. Sorry for bothering you it will not happen again.
Never said the original problem was ok. Was just going off what you said, that you had the amp hooked up incorrectly and that it shorted while you were working on it. After hearing that, I'm not sure it's quite fair to fully place the problem at Sanway's feet and try to get everyone rallying for that with only a fraction of the story, especially if it's a possibility you hooked the amp up to a shorted output or something and then further caused a problem after taking the amp apart and reassembling numerous times.

$0.02.
notnyt is offline  
post #5425 of 5606 Old 05-04-2016, 11:25 AM
Advanced Member
 
nwf477's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 615
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnyt View Post
Never said the original problem was ok. Was just going off what you said, that you had the amp hooked up incorrectly and that it shorted while you were working on it. After hearing that, I'm not sure it's quite fair to fully place the problem at Sanway's feet and try to get everyone rallying for that with only a fraction of the story, especially if it's a possibility you hooked the amp up to a shorted output or something and then further caused a problem after taking the amp apart and reassembling numerous times.

$0.02.
The amp was taken apart once and put back together once. I use to be a electronic tech years ago in the Navy yes I have forgotten a few things but I never leave anything out of place. my .02
nwf477 is offline  
post #5426 of 5606 Old 05-04-2016, 11:44 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Decadent_Spectre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,337
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked: 117
nwf, thanks for the posts. I can't speak for anyone else but it was helpful to me. Appreciate it. I do ponder if the hassle/risk is worth it before buying a CA series from Sanway, a good reality check for me.
Decadent_Spectre is offline  
post #5427 of 5606 Old 05-04-2016, 12:07 PM
Advanced Member
 
nwf477's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 615
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked: 93
This was not meant to slam Sanway although they in my opinion deserve it. Anybody that has one and they do not have any issues that is wonderful. Just going by the odds what were the odds when I purchased mine that it would be bad regardless of whether its a simple problem or not and then to check voltages and the amp shorts for no reason. It is almost like buying something sight unseen and I bought this on good faith. I have never slammed anyone on this site or a place of business but spending the money for something that is worthless is just too much. I wish everyone the very best of luck if they do choose to buy from them.
nwf477 is offline  
post #5428 of 5606 Old 05-04-2016, 04:16 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,305
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 572 Post(s)
Liked: 248
EDIT: Looks like this thread was cleaned up and posts are now deleted.

Sorry for your luck nwf. Regardless of how you got to the point you are at it is a ****ty situation and no one would feel good about it.

This forum is about connecting information. You needed some and Not provided some. Too bad it came to hurt feelings and disrespectful comments.

Not reading anything else and only looking at the last reply from each of you here's my thoughts:

The guy who can write complete thoughts using punctuation and paragraphs will always win over guy who uses run-on sentences, no punctuation, and no spacing. Not the worst I've seen but I often wonder is it just laziness, under-education, or just how the next generation communicates?

Either way good luck sorting out your amp.

Last edited by dwaleke; 05-04-2016 at 04:50 PM.
dwaleke is online now  
post #5429 of 5606 Old 05-04-2016, 05:07 PM
Senior Member
 
GizzeGutten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Norway
Posts: 434
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodesj View Post
I for one am not going to blame the user for a short when the "support" guy in China asks the likely-inexperienced end user to poke around inside the amp and troubleshoot the issues with the amp.
I did this,

I like bass
GizzeGutten is offline  
post #5430 of 5606 Old 05-05-2016, 03:25 PM
AVS Special Member
 
blah450's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,212
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 168
Is this a fair forum to discuss Bosso's modified clone FP14000, etc??

Title is "Lab Gruppen FP14000 clone amplifiers"

Looking at his (and thus, Sanway's) future offering with DSP...I asked him, but he did not answer.

Wonder if the DSP functionality extends below 20hz?
Linkwitz Transform?
Will the software take a file produced by a real-time frequency response analyzer?

If anyone has contact with him, it would be cool to know the answers to these questions.

Thanks!
blah450 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

Tags
Lab Gruppen Fp 14000 , Sanway Fp 10000q

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off