Lab Gruppen FP14000 clone amplifiers - Page 197 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 284Likes

post #5881 of 5889 Old 06-24-2017, 11:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 127 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1200 Post(s)
Liked: 1448
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlah384 View Post
Is the SpeakerPower SP2-12000-HT > 14k Lab?
@notnyt went from 4x LGs to 2x SP2-12K and gained quite a bit of sustained power in the process. 100% pure silence was a big bonus as well
notnyt, mlah384 and eng-399 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5882 of 5889 Old 06-26-2017, 10:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 147 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1237 Post(s)
Liked: 1732
Send a message via Skype™ to popalock
Quote:
Originally Posted by diy speaker guy View Post
Yes, I agree, it can be difficult for one person to point out all the errors you are making. Correcting you is not his paid day job but it could take a full work week to do.

Your investments are another dalliance into OT land. Nobody gives a flying turd about your finances or you luck in the stock market. And having success in one area (even if it was just pure luck) does not translate to knowledge in another area. Do you hear me saying I know the alphabet and therefore it's common sense that I know quantum mechanics? They don't relate.

Your basic premise is ok. Tons of power and tons of displacement equals happiness and there are some known failures regarding clone amps. But as soon as you try to get into anything more technical than that simple statement you go completely off the rails into complete nonsense and OT babbling.

Anyway, why don't you comment on the actual information I present instead of just insisting that we are ganging up on you for no reason?

You posted a reply quoting my post 6 minutes after I posted it. There's no way you actually read it. This is the problem. You are not considering or even reading anything that disagrees with you.

Haha...just kidding. Miss you buddy!!!!
notnyt and diy speaker guy like this.
post #5883 of 5889 Old Yesterday, 05:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 458 Post(s)
Liked: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by popalock View Post

Haha...just kidding. Miss you buddy!!!!
That's me. The inductance guy.

To this day I believe the only post I ever liked was the one when Scott posted that picture.

I don't like the "like" system. People sometimes use it to gang up on others without actually having to say anything, it can be hard to tell which part of a post people are "liking" and I just prefer to write a few (or more) words if I have something to say. And worst of all people tend to like meme posts a lot more than technical posts. So the amount of "likes" you accumulate could be for just about anything. A complete idiot that knows nothing about anything could potentially get a higher "like" count than their post count. I haven't actually seen that happen, but whatever. Ironically the only post I ever "liked" was the meme post with that picture. So I guess I'm a hypocritical dumbass. Oh well.

So where are you now? Back on this side of the planet? Haven't seen you posting lately. Hope all is well with you. I liked your posts.
rhodesj likes this.

post #5884 of 5889 Old Yesterday, 05:42 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 3250 Post(s)
Liked: 2372
Quote:
Originally Posted by diy speaker guy View Post
I liked your posts.
Oh really? Did you click the like button?
diy speaker guy likes this.
post #5885 of 5889 Old Yesterday, 06:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 458 Post(s)
Liked: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
Oh really? Did you click the like button?
Ok that's clever, you got me so I'll be even more hypocritical and like it. (And popa's post too because it was also clever and he started this.)

On a similar note it will be interesting to see how many likes I get for calling myself a dumbass. I'm sure lots of people would love to like that. It might turn out to be my most liked post ever.

Ok, I'm done with the off the rails nonsense OT babbling.

Last edited by diy speaker guy; Yesterday at 06:57 PM.
post #5886 of 5889 Old Today, 11:27 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 535 Post(s)
Liked: 204
Been away for a while. Tried getting caught up in this thread but reading back seems is only drama. So will just ask where we are with the clone amps. I purchased one of the Sanway 4ch amps, Fp10000q models. The newest version. Was helped by NOT and others swapping the 5 fans. Have fired it up to hear the difference but have yet to ever use the amp. Once I finish my second FTW-21, I will start using it, as well as the 2x4 dsp. But need to build a "Hush" box for it as it is still too loud for my room.
So the question, Has everyone quit using the clone amps? If I wanted to swap it out for a fanless amp that can push 4 subs, or two amps to push 4 subs, what should I look at? Keep in mind, I am using a Velodyne SPL series plate amp to power the single 21 now and it pushes it fine for me and has no fans. Rated at 1250w I believe but I'm sure it's not. Thoughts?

60" Panasonic Plasma ~ BenQ HT1075 / 92" Screen~Onkyo TX-NR3008(Pre/Pro)
Earthquake Cinenova Grande Amplifier ~ Oppo BDP-103 ~ Xbox One & PS4
Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista Tube DAC ~ Monster Cable Signature Series HTPS7000
Energy Veritas V2.3i (mains)~Veritas V2.4i (Front Wides)~Veritas V2.2i (center)
Energy Veritas V2.1 & CAT Tiburons(Surr)~Subs: 2 FTW-21's~Fp10000q clone/2x4dsp
post #5887 of 5889 Old Today, 01:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 936 Post(s)
Liked: 524
I got one 6 months ago. Love it. I've got it installed near my panel on a dedicated circuit, so I'm not concerned about noise. Running 4x sealed UM18 with it. The result is superb, much nicer than what I had before... that was 2 NU6000, but the problem was not having the dedicated power for them, so they'd brown out the circuit, restart, etc...
post #5888 of 5889 Old Today, 02:48 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 201 Post(s)
Quoted: 2588 Post(s)
Liked: 2362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
Been away for a while. Tried getting caught up in this thread but reading back seems is only drama. So will just ask where we are with the clone amps. I purchased one of the Sanway 4ch amps, Fp10000q models. The newest version. Was helped by NOT and others swapping the 5 fans. Have fired it up to hear the difference but have yet to ever use the amp. Once I finish my second FTW-21, I will start using it, as well as the 2x4 dsp. But need to build a "Hush" box for it as it is still too loud for my room.
So the question, Has everyone quit using the clone amps? If I wanted to swap it out for a fanless amp that can push 4 subs, or two amps to push 4 subs, what should I look at? Keep in mind, I am using a Velodyne SPL series plate amp to power the single 21 now and it pushes it fine for me and has no fans. Rated at 1250w I believe but I'm sure it's not. Thoughts?
I'm using a pair of SP2-12000s now, fans never come on.
post #5889 of 5889 Old Today, 08:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
So the question, Has everyone quit using the clone amps?
I got the BT Audio "enhanced" FP10000Q (240V) around December to evaluate with my LCR's. It's been fantastic. Ordered another FP10000Q this week. Noticed that they have the FP20000Q. Has anyone tried those? Wondering if 1 x 4 channel FP20000Q might be better than 2 x 2 channel FP140000 for subs, in terms of cost and using less rack space. The power difference appears negligible (on paper at least).

They also have a couple of smaller (~700W) 4 channel 1RU amps with software programmable DSP. Be interested to hear from anyone that has tried those out too.

Panasonic PT-AE8000 | Anthem MRX-720
Intel Nuc w/JRiver | Beyonwiz DP-P2 | PS4 | Wii U
Ascension Timberwolf 6632SVTL x 3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

Tags
Lab Gruppen Fp 14000 , Sanway Fp 10000q
Gear in this thread