post #62 of 74 Old 06-06-2011, 01:55 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 308 Post(s)
Liked: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by noah katz View Post
Erich, I'm still wondering about the design pedigree of the American-made horns, or are they the same design as the Autotechs?

Carl, good to see you here
When I looked at them, they were pretty much identical. As close to 100% the same as they can get. They were following along in the thread using the same data and size requests. Just a different material.

The only difference was the rear flange for mounting the CD and they had screw holes in the front to mount them to the cabinet. But that can be changed.

I don't want to say which one I like the best, because they're pretty much the same from an operating point of view. But as mentioned in the other thread, I'd rate the ones from Autotech to be nicer because you can pick and choose your colors, textures, etc. The ones from the other company would be cheaper though if it works out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Twelve 10" NHT subwoofer build.
Cloning of a NHT VR-3.
2 ACI 15" subwoofers.

post #63 of 74 Old 06-08-2011, 06:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Are there any measurements posted for these horns? On axis and polars?

Rob
post #64 of 74 Old 08-04-2011, 12:46 PM
Advanced Member

When is the next group buy?

Rudy81
post #65 of 74 Old 08-04-2011, 02:09 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

The second pallet is filled and should ship in a couple weeks. I'm sure there will be a 3rd.

They sent me a new price list about 3 days ago. I haven't had time to look at it in detail but some things did go up. I believe they were the larger items.

I'm getting a little aggravated with the local company on the SEOS. They should have had quite a few made up by now.....but they don't. I sent another email today asking how long it's going to be.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Cloning of a NHT VR-3.
2 ACI 15" subwoofers.

post #66 of 74 Old 08-04-2011, 04:14 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I just looked over their new price list. Some of the larger items went up by quite a bit. The Iwata also went up again.

Looks like the JMLC-350 and 400 cost a little more as well.

I'll get a screen shot of the Excel file as soon as I can. I'm working on a better website, so I'll just put the prices in there.

To the guys that got the Iwata-300 on the first pallet, you're lucky because it looks to be about $140 more. But that was with 2 price increases. But still.

The prices went up on the 2nd pallet about 2 months ago. They said the price increase this past week was due to new material costs and taxes on fiberglass in Poland.

It doesn't look like any of the smaller items went up. Actually, a couple went down, including the SEOS.

Cloning of a NHT VR-3.
2 ACI 15" subwoofers.

post #67 of 74 Old 02-17-2012, 03:41 PM

Hi guys I just wanted to show you my speakers partially made with products from Erich. At the back you can recognise the Exodus tapped horns made from flat packs from the previous year group buy.
The horns are from Antech, JMLC 350 and 1000. I can assure you that they sound very nice and much better than the previous Tractrix 400 horns.

post #68 of 74 Old 02-18-2012, 06:25 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRZYS View Post

Hi guys I just wanted to show you my speakers partially made with products from Erich. At the back you can recognise the Exodus tapped horns made from flat packs from the previous year group buy.
The horns are from Antech, JMLC 350 and 1000. I can assure you that they sound very nice and much better than the previous Tractrix 400 horns.

Wow, that looks really cool. I would love to give them a listen. Thank you for posting.
post #69 of 74 Old 07-21-2013, 02:23 PM

Erich.i am a 15 year old kid trying to use my talents in engineering to the fullest. i am currently in a speaker project trying to make a 3 way speaker based on the qsc kw153 speakers. i based it on those speakers.and then made the design better. i was looking for waveguides and i pass by this forum because your waveguide design is the one i like the most. my motto,when i build/design things is "if it isnt the best.it sucks" so i strive for the best possible components collectively making the best systems. i wanted to know if me and you can team up and make the 3 way system better than QSC's. all i need is the waveguides. for the mid compression driver and the tweeter compression driver. because i cant find any of the ones i really like on the internet. these designs are the ones i like.but i need different dimensions.
thanks
post #70 of 74 Old 07-21-2013, 06:44 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodus1378 View Post

i was looking for waveguides and i pass by this forum because your waveguide design is the one i like the most. my motto,when i build/design things is "if it isnt the best.it sucks" so i strive for the best possible components collectively making the best systems. i wanted to know if me and you can team up and make the 3 way system better than QSC's. all i need is the waveguides. for the mid compression driver and the tweeter compression driver. because i cant find any of the ones i really like on the internet. these designs are the ones i like.but i need different dimensions.
thanks

Keep in mind, none of the waveguides are "mine", I just helped get the SEOS mass produced. That was a huge group effort on this forum by people much smarter than me. And the fiberglass models come from Poland, I just help get them here with a group buy.

You can order the SEOS-12 now, or preorder the SEOS-15. I'll start another group buy from the guys in Poland in a couple weeks. So if you want any of those, just let me know.

Cloning of a NHT VR-3.
2 ACI 15" subwoofers.

post #71 of 74 Old 07-21-2013, 07:29 PM

That is my cad drawing I made of the speaker I designed. Notice how it is almost identical to qscs kw 153. I just need a 1 3\8 screw on waveguide like your seos except a square 14 x 14 with a dispersion of 75 x 75. And another square of 12 x 12 with the exact same dispersion. Do you think you can help a kid out?
post #72 of 74 Old 07-21-2013, 09:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 45
If you don't see it here: http://www.diysoundgroup.com/horns.html or here: http://www.diysoundgroup.com/waveguides.html probably not.

Why would you want WG's with those dimensions? If it's based on appearance alone, you're way off track. A SEOS 6 and SEOS 15 per speaker would make much more sense than having two similar sized WG in a single cabinet.

Mike
post #73 of 74 Old 07-21-2013, 10:00 PM

I need the tweeter compression driver on the waveguide and the mid compression driver on it too. The reason why the tweeter WG is smaller is so I can fit the ports for the sub next to it. And square shaped so it disperses the sound 75 degrees at both axis. Look at qscs kw series features tour and it explains better than me
post #74 of 74 Old 07-21-2013, 10:49 PM

the speakers consist of a 15 inch woofer. a compression horn mid. and a compression horn tweeter.i want some waveguides identical to the seos. except for the mid i actually need a 14 x 12.5 and the tweeter 12 x 10. i was going to call these 3 way speakers the MK3. maybe in hopes that i can sell these speakers comercially i dont know im kinda too young for that.but for now i just want to make custom DJ speakers. can you guys make a new line of seos WG like that for me?
Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page