Forum Jump: 

post #121 of 127 Old 06-27-2011, 01:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 17
http://www.hometheater.com/content/d...-labs-measures

Less than a db drop at 10hz, so can't say for sure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 127 Old 06-27-2011, 02:13 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
MikeP from HTS checked to make sure my pics still worked, and they do. Paranoid me assumed the worst... "they are out to get me!" My PC is crashing again I think. He took the time to batch them all up into several emails and he sent me every single pic and even copied every youtube link for me too. The guy is so awesome!

I just want to apologize to HTS and say I am sorry, and leave it alone, please no replies about this... this got squashed over the weekend

Mike that had to take you forever! Thank you very much! Thats really awesome Mike!
post #123 of 127 Old 06-30-2011, 11:33 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Rifle shots obviousely give off ULF when shot in real life, or they wouldn't cause for ULF in movies and shows. But if you were on a platform and one was shot near by, would the ULF make it wobble?

Tonights is the piolot to Prison Break when the guard fires 2 warning shots.
post #124 of 127 Old 07-23-2011, 12:37 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I haven't updated this thread in a while, I haven't messed with the HT in about 3 weeks because I am finally satisfied! I took the BFD out..NO EQ! I set the receiver crossover to 40Hz.. :-O ... and I LIKE it! I know, call me crazy, I am! from 30Hz down I have 120dB, when i hit 10Hz I still can't keep the room pressurized..but it's still 115dB down to 5Hz! I am well below reference above 30Hz, but this is how I like it...finally!

I kept trying to boost 63Hz and 80Hz to make it more active, otherwise the subs are invisible most of the time until low heavy passages come up. I wanted to hear the depth in voices through the subs. But every time I tried, or bumped the crossover up to 60Hz and 80Hz, I just hated it! So Here I sit, odd ball that I am. Also, with the EQ, I learned that it is more the 90Hz-150Hz range that I hate so much, not so much 45Hz...as you can see with that giant hole that happens to be there with the walmart cubes falling off and subs falling off. How lucky am I that it just happens like that?

Still love Prison Break... that show is FILLED with single digit ULF, in my house when it's 15-30dB above everything else, it's great. You feel a lot more than you hear. I suppose with a normal setup you wouldn't even know the ULF was even there.
post #125 of 127 Old 07-24-2011, 03:57 PM
FOH
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 208
Dude, I'm glad your happy.

We just returned from traveling and have been away from the boards quite a bit.

Prison Break=good stuff, wasn't aware of the ULF,...good lookin' out. My wife and I have been hooked on Breaking Bad. Discovered it a week ago, bought the first 3 seasons on BR and we did a season a day, for the first 2 seasons, ...we're in the middle of season 3 now,..bogged down a little with family events etc.,....however, one of the more recent episodes we watched, the gunshots were superbly recorded. Very little gunshots in this series.,...really pretty quiet etc. You know how well the shots in Open Range are done? Well, outta the blue came these killer,...yep killer well recorded wallops .....handgun shots, oh hell yeah, very nice in what's normally a relatively sedate soundtrack. That really made all the better. Normally a heavily dialog laden show, and BOOM, BOOM real nice cause it was so outta the norm.

Highly recommended series I think, YMMV of course,... but start at the beginning and don't allow yourself to find out anything about it.

Take care

------------------------------------
Flat, Deep, Clean, Linear, and Loud
------------------------------------
Active 16.8kw, 7.3 system
(3)Seaton Cat12C up front, (4)QSC K8 sides/rears
(2)Seaton SubM-HP, (4)18" IB
post #126 of 127 Old 07-24-2011, 09:43 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOH View Post

Dude, I'm glad your happy.

We just returned from traveling and have been away from the boards quite a bit.

Prison Break=good stuff, wasn't aware of the ULF,...good lookin' out. My wife and I have been hooked on Breaking Bad. Discovered it a week ago, bought the first 3 seasons on BR and we did a season a day, for the first 2 seasons, ...we're in the middle of season 3 now,..bogged down a little with family events etc.,....however, one of the more recent episodes we watched, the gunshots were superbly recorded. Very little gunshots in this series.,...really pretty quiet etc. You know how well the shots in Open Range are done? Well, outta the blue came these killer,...yep killer well recorded wallops .....handgun shots, oh hell yeah, very nice in what's normally a relatively sedate soundtrack. That really made all the better. Normally a heavily dialog laden show, and BOOM, BOOM real nice cause it was so outta the norm.

Highly recommended series I think, YMMV of course,... but start at the beginning and don't allow yourself to find out anything about it.

Take care

FOH how ya been! I have noticed you havent been jumping in on threads We are almost done with prison Break, so we do need something new.... I'll let ya know when we get started on that if its available!

So have you gotten 4 IB3s and an EP4000 yet? No?? Well whats the hold up? Oh yeah, you said you been busy... alright..well keep me posted!

NO ONE notices the ULF that I do, becuase no one is 20-30dB up from 30Hz down whether it is from enclosure design, EQ, crossover, or combinations of them

What I love, is that the majority of the LFE experience here is feel, very little is sound. You still hear it, but it's not loud, it's not active, it kicks you in your ass down low
post #127 of 127 Old 12-22-2011, 02:28 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptonitewhite View Post

THD tests 1 by 1

bass i love you ceiling fan bracing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpIfBpaBqus

Virtual Thunderstorm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgE7G2VMnyM

I believe I made the Virtual Thunderstorm video before the Behringer EQ was added and I dropped my LP from 80Hz to 40Hz. I'm not going to waste time making another video trying to capture what I simply can not, I'll just say HOLY **** single digits, screw the rest.
Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page