post #451 of 452 Old 02-03-2012, 03:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassingInterest View Post

Thanks guys. Chris, you're a funny guy!
Max, I could not bring myself to place the center channel speaker on the hearth, even on a stand, so I'm running without the center channel for now. I might change my mind later on it. We don't use the fireplace at all. So, you think CBT would be the better way to go for this room?

I'll try REW tomorrow.

I built a custom 5.1 system for a buddy of mine with 2-5 1/4" mids and a 1" silk tweeter in a dipole arrangement. He has his screen mounted over a non-functioning fireplace as well, so we removed the hearth and rebuilt it with the center channel inset.

You could do something similar for your own center channel. It is obvious you have the wood-working skills!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 452 Old 02-03-2012, 04:34 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avus_M3 View Post

Wow...AMAZING attention to detail there. They look beautiful! I haven't posted or even really been on the forums at all in like 2-3 years but I HAD to comment this build!

Thanks for stopping by and thanks for the compliment. I hope to see you post here at AVS more often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardnok View Post

I built a custom 5.1 system for a buddy of mine with 2-5 1/4" mids and a 1" silk tweeter in a dipole arrangement. He has his screen mounted over a non-functioning fireplace as well, so we removed the hearth and rebuilt it with the center channel inset.

You could do something similar for your own center channel. It is obvious you have the wood-working skills!

Thanks! And thanks for the suggestion. It's food for thought.
Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page