Budget Eminence Coaxial surround build!!! - Page 31 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 34Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #901 of 1031 Old 09-28-2014, 07:19 PM
AVS Special Member
 
wormraper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tucson Arizona
Posts: 4,444
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by action_jackson View Post
I finished the Volt 10s this weekend and have got them hung. They sound great!
Damn. Those look good! I can't wait for Erich to get them back in stock!
wormraper is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #902 of 1031 Old 09-29-2014, 06:23 PM
Advanced Member
 
action_jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 871
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by wormraper View Post
Damn. Those look good! I can't wait for Erich to get them back in stock!
Thanks!

I watched a few movies on it today and am thoroughly impressed. They sound so much better than the Polk monitor 30s that they replaced. For some reason YPAO set the crossover at 140Hz, I thought that sounded a little high. It also set all my speakers except the rear surround as large, I changed them all to small but I found it odd that the rears were not set large since they are the same as the side surrounds.

I am getting a Behringer USB audio interface tomorrow and plan to run REW somethime this week to get some readings. I know my mains -3 is around 35Hz, not sure about the center though it should be good well below 140Hz. Maybe REW will give me some answers.

Epson Home Cinema 3010 Projector____Paradigm 9SE MK II Main LR
Yamaha RX-V667 AVR_______________Paradigm CC-270 V.3 Center
Emotiva UPA-5 Amplifier______________Dual Stereo Integrity 18" Infinite Baffle
Sony BDP-570 Blu Ray_______________DIY Sound Group Volt 10
action_jackson is offline  
post #903 of 1031 Old 09-29-2014, 06:25 PM
AVS Special Member
 
wormraper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tucson Arizona
Posts: 4,444
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by action_jackson View Post
Thanks!

I watched a few movies on it today and am thoroughly impressed. They sound so much better than the Polk monitor 30s that they replaced. For some reason YPAO set the crossover at 140Hz, I thought that sounded a little high. It also set all my speakers except the rear surround as large, I changed them all to small but I found it odd that the rears were not set large since they are the same as the side surrounds.

I am getting a Behringer USB audio interface tomorrow and plan to run REW somethime this week to get some readings. I know my mains -3 is around 35Hz, not sure about the center though it should be good well below 140Hz. Maybe REW will give me some answers.
makes me even more excited.. the monitor 30's are EXACTLY what I'm replacing... so excited to get my surrounds up to speed with my mains
wormraper is online now  
post #904 of 1031 Old 09-29-2014, 06:50 PM
Advanced Member
 
action_jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 871
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by wormraper View Post
makes me even more excited.. the monitor 30's are EXACTLY what I'm replacing... so excited to get my surrounds up to speed with my mains
I'm seriously thinking about getting three more for the front. Maybe by the time they come back in stock I will have enough money.

Epson Home Cinema 3010 Projector____Paradigm 9SE MK II Main LR
Yamaha RX-V667 AVR_______________Paradigm CC-270 V.3 Center
Emotiva UPA-5 Amplifier______________Dual Stereo Integrity 18" Infinite Baffle
Sony BDP-570 Blu Ray_______________DIY Sound Group Volt 10
action_jackson is offline  
post #905 of 1031 Old 09-29-2014, 07:09 PM
AVS Special Member
 
raynist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,656
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 304 Post(s)
Liked: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by action_jackson View Post
I finished the Volt 10s this weekend and have got them hung. They sound great!
Those drivers look so blue in pictures!

Thankfully they don't look like that in person. I colored mine in with a sharpie though.

I now have 4 volt 8's as surrounds in slanted boxes and 3 more as LCR's in a different system.
raynist is online now  
post #906 of 1031 Old 09-29-2014, 07:20 PM
Advanced Member
 
action_jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 871
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post
Those drivers look so blue in pictures!

Thankfully they don't look like that in person. I colored mine in with a sharpie though.

I now have 4 volt 8's as surrounds in slanted boxes and 3 more as LCR's in a different system.
Yeah, they don't look as blue in person, especially when the lights are dim. I still plan on making some grills this weekend to cover them up though. Hopefully the grills will look right, they probably would have looked better if the baffle would have been flat instead of rounded. I'm trying to figure a good way to match them up and not look too out of place.

Epson Home Cinema 3010 Projector____Paradigm 9SE MK II Main LR
Yamaha RX-V667 AVR_______________Paradigm CC-270 V.3 Center
Emotiva UPA-5 Amplifier______________Dual Stereo Integrity 18" Infinite Baffle
Sony BDP-570 Blu Ray_______________DIY Sound Group Volt 10
action_jackson is offline  
post #907 of 1031 Old 09-29-2014, 07:26 PM
AVS Special Member
 
wormraper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tucson Arizona
Posts: 4,444
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by action_jackson View Post
I'm seriously thinking about getting three more for the front. Maybe by the time they come back in stock I will have enough money.
wow, they sound that good as mains huh? they're nice and compact for sure... I'd be tempted to hang them as bedroom mains as I doubt they would beat my Cheap Thrill mains
wormraper is online now  
post #908 of 1031 Old 09-30-2014, 02:43 PM
Senior Member
 
Billy Boden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Lexington Ky
Posts: 355
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Working on this for myself but thought I'd share. I'm going to make three for LCR fronts Ported looks the way to go for an 80hz XO.

Edit: just noticed that port resonance... More work needed on port size BRB
Edit2: that's better
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	transfer.JPG
Views:	74
Size:	169.5 KB
ID:	287945   Click image for larger version

Name:	spl.JPG
Views:	56
Size:	156.6 KB
ID:	287953   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hp.JPG
Views:	56
Size:	172.0 KB
ID:	287961   Click image for larger version

Name:	portfix.JPG
Views:	51
Size:	158.1 KB
ID:	287993  

Last edited by Billy Boden; 09-30-2014 at 03:25 PM.
Billy Boden is offline  
post #909 of 1031 Old 10-01-2014, 08:50 AM
Advanced Member
 
dtsdig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Rochester NY
Posts: 982
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by action_jackson View Post
Thanks!

I watched a few movies on it today and am thoroughly impressed. They sound so much better than the Polk monitor 30s that they replaced. For some reason YPAO set the crossover at 140Hz, I thought that sounded a little high. It also set all my speakers except the rear surround as large, I changed them all to small but I found it odd that the rears were not set large since they are the same as the side surrounds.

I am getting a Behringer USB audio interface tomorrow and plan to run REW somethime this week to get some readings. I know my mains -3 is around 35Hz, not sure about the center though it should be good well below 140Hz. Maybe REW will give me some answers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wormraper View Post
makes me even more excited.. the monitor 30's are EXACTLY what I'm replacing... so excited to get my surrounds up to speed with my mains
Mine are also replacing the Monitor 30's that I had for surrounds. Until I can build my 10-99 fronts, my Volt 10's have been my mains for several months now. They do a great job and I cant wait to hear how they do as surrounds!
dtsdig is online now  
post #910 of 1031 Old 10-26-2014, 08:45 AM
AVS Special Member
 
NWCgrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Frederick, MD
Posts: 1,255
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 272 Post(s)
Liked: 222
Has anyone looked into the Radian 15" coaxial drivers w/ beryllium diaphragm? I went to their websight after reading about the new Reaction Audio speakers that use a 15" Radian coaxial. USA Speakers has the beryllium model for $850, or $1150 for the neo version.

Would not be a low cost project. But I am thinking it could be pretty cool. If designed to crossover to subs and not be full range it may be possible to design a small enclosure for the LCR'S. I guess I need to enter the T/S parameters into winISD and start playing.
NWCgrad is online now  
post #911 of 1031 Old 10-27-2014, 09:01 AM - Thread Starter
Say No to Auto EQ
 
beastaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Western NC
Posts: 8,375
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1088 Post(s)
Liked: 1033
I looked at it too. Nice looking driver, with some pretty good looking numbers. Just don't have the coin to drop on a pair at this point

(European models do not accept banana plugs.)

 

"If you done it, it ain't bragging." ~ Walt Whitman

 

AE TD12x SEOS12 Build

Beast's DIY Master Measurement Thread

DIY Emminence Coaxial Surround Thread

beastaudio is online now  
post #912 of 1031 Old 10-27-2014, 10:44 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jbrown15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Posts: 7,041
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1558 Post(s)
Liked: 1312
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWCgrad View Post
Has anyone looked into the Radian 15" coaxial drivers w/ beryllium diaphragm? I went to their websight after reading about the new Reaction Audio speakers that use a 15" Radian coaxial. USA Speakers has the beryllium model for $850, or $1150 for the neo version.

Would not be a low cost project. But I am thinking it could be pretty cool. If designed to crossover to subs and not be full range it may be possible to design a small enclosure for the LCR'S. I guess I need to enter the T/S parameters into winISD and start playing.

I can tell you the Radian 15" coax drivers are VERY impressive! Actually I think most were shocked by it at the GTG that I hosted this past Saturday. I have also talked with Jeremy about the beryllium diaphragm and he's not really sure it's worth the price difference over the standard aluminum one. But who know I may still try one out in the CX-15's that I think I'm keeping
jbrown15 is online now  
post #913 of 1031 Old 10-27-2014, 11:53 AM
AVS Special Member
 
NWCgrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Frederick, MD
Posts: 1,255
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 272 Post(s)
Liked: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post
I looked at it too. Nice looking driver, with some pretty good looking numbers. Just don't have the coin to drop on a pair at this point
To bad we are not multimillionaire so we could buy and try everything that catches our eye. But if we were we wouldn't be likely to care about DIY.

I am thinking hard about what system I am going to put together in celebration of retiring from the Navy. No need for a great system when I move every couple of years. A set of LCR's using the 15" Be drivers, 4 12" non-Be version for surrounds, and 4 8" for Atmos would likely be pretty killer. I priced it at around $5.5K for just the drivers. But for 11 speakers that's pretty good.

I did notice that the 12" model starts with 53 vice 52 for the 15" & 12" models. I assume they are updating the line.

Last edited by NWCgrad; 10-27-2014 at 12:01 PM.
NWCgrad is online now  
post #914 of 1031 Old 10-27-2014, 12:14 PM
AVS Special Member
 
NWCgrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Frederick, MD
Posts: 1,255
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 272 Post(s)
Liked: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post
I can tell you the Radian 15" coax drivers are VERY impressive! Actually I think most were shocked by it at the GTG that I hosted this past Saturday. I have also talked with Jeremy about the beryllium diaphragm and he's not really sure it's worth the price difference over the standard aluminum one. But who know I may still try one out in the CX-15's that I think I'm keeping
It does look like the diaphragm would just be a drop in replacement as the coaxial drivers w/ and w/o the Be diaphragm have the same model number. I keep hearing such good things about Be.

I can see why Jeremy wouldn't put them in his model, adds a significant cost for what is probably a modest return. Not as big of deal when going DIY.

Thanks again for bringing Reaction Audio to greater visibility! Seems like a great company.
NWCgrad is online now  
post #915 of 1031 Old 10-27-2014, 01:53 PM
AVS Special Member
 
edgebsl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Gulfport MS
Posts: 1,464
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 234 Post(s)
Liked: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWCgrad View Post
It does look like the diaphragm would just be a drop in replacement as the coaxial drivers w/ and w/o the Be diaphragm have the same model number. I keep hearing such good things about Be.

I can see why Jeremy wouldn't put them in his model, adds a significant cost for what is probably a modest return. Not as big of deal when going DIY.

Thanks again for bringing Reaction Audio to greater visibility! Seems like a great company.
We can do the BE diaphragms for a little up-charge on any of the speakers.
I can tell you that it adds cost for a very small amount of sonic difference.

That NEO magnets will not deliver much in the way of audible performance in this particular case.
They are added much for pro audio use in the Radian line to save weight in large installs and where speakers are constantly being moved.

Jeremy
Reaction Audio Subwoofers

edgebsl is online now  
post #916 of 1031 Old 10-27-2014, 03:14 PM
AVS Special Member
 
bass addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: A padded room
Posts: 4,169
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 336
I'm ready to jump on the bandwagon here as well. Moving up to Atmos and will be adding 4 Volt 10's to side and rear surrounds to replace my QS8's, with 4 Volt 10's in the ceiling. Matt says these spec out really well as an IB so I'll be semi flushing these into my tiered ceiling.

Achievement Unlocked

Psychotic Episode Averted

bass addict is offline  
post #917 of 1031 Old 10-27-2014, 03:30 PM
Advanced Member
 
action_jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 871
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by bass addict View Post
I'm ready to jump on the bandwagon here as well. Moving up to Atmos and will be adding 4 Volt 10's to side and rear surrounds to replace my QS8's, with 4 Volt 10's in the ceiling. Matt says these spec out really well as an IB so I'll be semi flushing these into my tiered ceiling.
Nice! Looking forward to hearing your impressions of the Volt 10's in IB. Will the crossover have to be changed when used in an IB instead of a sealed enclosure or will you use the stock crossover?

Epson Home Cinema 3010 Projector____Paradigm 9SE MK II Main LR
Yamaha RX-V667 AVR_______________Paradigm CC-270 V.3 Center
Emotiva UPA-5 Amplifier______________Dual Stereo Integrity 18" Infinite Baffle
Sony BDP-570 Blu Ray_______________DIY Sound Group Volt 10
action_jackson is offline  
post #918 of 1031 Old 10-27-2014, 03:34 PM
AVS Special Member
 
bass addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: A padded room
Posts: 4,169
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by action_jackson View Post
Nice! Looking forward to hearing your impressions of the Volt 10's in IB. Will the crossover have to be changed when used in an IB instead of a sealed enclosure or will you use the stock crossover?
I believe it's a different crossover for a couple reasons. Matt could probably better answer this. I'll be sure to post my impressions when I get them up and running. It will probably be a couple months before everything is completed.

Achievement Unlocked

Psychotic Episode Averted

bass addict is offline  
post #919 of 1031 Old 10-27-2014, 03:35 PM
Bass Enabler
 
Scott Simonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Clovis, CA
Posts: 14,668
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1118 Post(s)
Liked: 1156
Quote:
Originally Posted by bass addict View Post
I'm ready to jump on the bandwagon here as well. Moving up to Atmos and will be adding 4 Volt 10's to side and rear surrounds to replace my QS8's, with 4 Volt 10's in the ceiling. Matt says these spec out really well as an IB so I'll be semi flushing these into my tiered ceiling.

My Dual 18" LLT subs 120dB down to 10hz

 

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

https://soundcloud.com/plan9reloaded/sets/podcast - direct pod link

http://plan9reloaded.com/site/ - main website

Scott Simonian is online now  
post #920 of 1031 Old 10-27-2014, 03:37 PM
AVS Special Member
 
bass addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: A padded room
Posts: 4,169
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 336
Scott, you're a man of few words who always gets the point across.


Achievement Unlocked

Psychotic Episode Averted

bass addict is offline  
post #921 of 1031 Old 10-27-2014, 03:45 PM
Bass Enabler
 
Scott Simonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Clovis, CA
Posts: 14,668
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1118 Post(s)
Liked: 1156



My Dual 18" LLT subs 120dB down to 10hz

 

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

https://soundcloud.com/plan9reloaded/sets/podcast - direct pod link

http://plan9reloaded.com/site/ - main website

Scott Simonian is online now  
post #922 of 1031 Old 10-27-2014, 04:28 PM
Advanced Member
 
action_jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 871
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by bass addict View Post
I believe it's a different crossover for a couple reasons. Matt could probably better answer this. I'll be sure to post my impressions when I get them up and running. It will probably be a couple months before everything is completed.
It's going to be a while before I can go atmos anyway, unless I finally get that promotion at work that is way overdue.

Epson Home Cinema 3010 Projector____Paradigm 9SE MK II Main LR
Yamaha RX-V667 AVR_______________Paradigm CC-270 V.3 Center
Emotiva UPA-5 Amplifier______________Dual Stereo Integrity 18" Infinite Baffle
Sony BDP-570 Blu Ray_______________DIY Sound Group Volt 10
action_jackson is offline  
post #923 of 1031 Old 10-27-2014, 04:32 PM
Bass Enabler
 
Scott Simonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Clovis, CA
Posts: 14,668
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1118 Post(s)
Liked: 1156
Quote:
Originally Posted by bass addict View Post
I believe it's a different crossover for a couple reasons. Matt could probably better answer this. I'll be sure to post my impressions when I get them up and running. It will probably be a couple months before everything is completed.
It shouldn't need any updates just for IB installation but if there is any BSC used in his crossover then that might be what needs a new crossover for. I sort of doubt it and figured these were BSC-free or very little use of it.

My Dual 18" LLT subs 120dB down to 10hz

 

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

https://soundcloud.com/plan9reloaded/sets/podcast - direct pod link

http://plan9reloaded.com/site/ - main website

Scott Simonian is online now  
post #924 of 1031 Old 10-27-2014, 04:47 PM
AVS Special Member
 
bass addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: A padded room
Posts: 4,169
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian View Post
It shouldn't need any updates just for IB installation but if there is any BSC used in his crossover then that might be what needs a new crossover for. I sort of doubt it and figured these were BSC-free or very little use of it.
I thought there was a notch built into the crossover on these due to being used in a ceiling installation slated for Atmos use.

Achievement Unlocked

Psychotic Episode Averted

bass addict is offline  
post #925 of 1031 Old 10-27-2014, 04:50 PM
Bass Enabler
 
Scott Simonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Clovis, CA
Posts: 14,668
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1118 Post(s)
Liked: 1156
Quote:
Originally Posted by bass addict View Post
I thought there was a notch built into the crossover on these due to being used in a ceiling installation slated for Atmos use.
Nah, man. That notch does not need to be there for actual ceiling speakers. It is integrated for those that are doing the "Dolby-enabled" reflective type speakers which you are not.

My Dual 18" LLT subs 120dB down to 10hz

 

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

https://soundcloud.com/plan9reloaded/sets/podcast - direct pod link

http://plan9reloaded.com/site/ - main website

Scott Simonian is online now  
post #926 of 1031 Old 10-27-2014, 04:53 PM
AVS Special Member
 
bass addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: A padded room
Posts: 4,169
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian View Post
Nah, man. That notch does not need to be there for actual ceiling speakers. It is integrated for those that are doing the "Dolby-enabled" reflective type speakers which you are not.
Cool. I thought I read they recommended adjusting the crossover for overheads as well.

Achievement Unlocked

Psychotic Episode Averted

bass addict is offline  
post #927 of 1031 Old 10-27-2014, 04:56 PM
Bass Enabler
 
Scott Simonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Clovis, CA
Posts: 14,668
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1118 Post(s)
Liked: 1156
Quote:
Originally Posted by bass addict View Post
Cool. I thought I read they recommended adjusting the crossover for overheads as well.
Nope. They should be treated the same as any other surround speaker.

You are making the wisest decision by making all of your surrounds and heights identical. Your situation is ideal hence my many praises.

My Dual 18" LLT subs 120dB down to 10hz

 

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

https://soundcloud.com/plan9reloaded/sets/podcast - direct pod link

http://plan9reloaded.com/site/ - main website

Scott Simonian is online now  
post #928 of 1031 Old 10-27-2014, 05:02 PM
AVS Special Member
 
bass addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: A padded room
Posts: 4,169
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian View Post
Nope. They should be treated the same as any other surround speaker.

You are making the wisest decision by making all of your surrounds and heights identical. Your situation is ideal hence my many praises.
Scott praises are like pregnant Unicorns. I am honored.

I'm really excited to have a complete DIY setup. I'm bummed that I am going to be removing my FH's as there was quite a bit of money and time tied up into them. In the end I think 4 ceiling speakers will be better than 2 tops with 2 heights. I'll have to see what other project I can end up using the TD6's for.

Achievement Unlocked

Psychotic Episode Averted

bass addict is offline  
post #929 of 1031 Old 10-28-2014, 11:01 PM
AVS Special Member
 
bass addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: A padded room
Posts: 4,169
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 336
Does anyone know the dispersion pattern of the 10x? Just want to make sure it will work for Atmos overhead install before ordering these.

Achievement Unlocked

Psychotic Episode Averted

bass addict is offline  
post #930 of 1031 Old 10-29-2014, 07:30 AM - Thread Starter
Say No to Auto EQ
 
beastaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Western NC
Posts: 8,375
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1088 Post(s)
Liked: 1033
Almost positive it is 90 degrees, but it could be 100.

(European models do not accept banana plugs.)

 

"If you done it, it ain't bragging." ~ Walt Whitman

 

AE TD12x SEOS12 Build

Beast's DIY Master Measurement Thread

DIY Emminence Coaxial Surround Thread

beastaudio is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off