Is this wood any good? - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 94 Old 10-12-2011, 08:49 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Bob, I really appretiate your reply. I thought I'd be forgotten and decided not to reply anymore in my threads. Some avs members get mad just because all my threads, but they dont understand that spending all this money for nothing is really frustrating. So I decided to learn the tools by my self. I have Winisd and BassBox Pro 6. I modeled few subs in both programs; results are not exactly the same even if I use the same parameters but pretty close. I still have some doubts on the software but am not going to ask anymore here.

Also Im an expert 3D modeler using Lightwave 3D and modeled few enclosures in 3D to see how it will looks like. With all this money spent I would opt to get an Epik Empire, Rythmik F15HP, or SVS PB13 Plus. I bought an used Emotiva XRef12; anyways Im still in the search of the next sub driver.

I still appretiate all help from all members who are still willing to help me but Im not going to bother anyone anymore. Thanks Bob and thanks to all members who helped me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 94 Old 10-26-2011, 05:24 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

I received the Xref12. Will test it and let you know how it performs and do a comparison between PL200 and my DIY. All I can tell you right now is that is smaller than the BIC PL200 but heavier!.
post #93 of 94 Old 10-27-2011, 12:41 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

So far, this little thing is really AMAZING!!!. The XRef12 definitely sounds louder and better than the BIc PL200. Also sounds louder than my DIY. I play same track on the Pl200 and on the Xref12 and I was able to hear tones or frequencies on the xref that I never heard on the PL200 or my DIY.

My DIY probably manages better lower frequencies but I still prefer better the Xref12; it just needs to dig bit deeper; something that I know it will never happen. On my living room it really needs two of them to smooth better the bass across the room. Will perform more tests during the week.
post #94 of 94 Old 11-04-2011, 12:16 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

New Enclosure: 3.5 net cF, better bracing.

Lets see now how the PSI performs in this new enclosure. If it fails then I will replace the driver with a Dayton Reference HF.
LL
LL
Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page