Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 192 Old 03-08-2014, 02:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubdenno View Post

My 13 year old daughter is a music fanatic. And she is wanting some better sound in her room. So with that, we are going to build her a set of speakers and a sub. She wants to do the T-6. Perfect chance to teach her table saw and router rules.

So after ordering a sundown e10 we are looking at getting this amp
http://www.parts-express.com/technics-req0251-1-100w-subwoofer-plate-amplifier--309-046
To drive the sub. IF it does in fact do 100 watts at 1ohm, do we have to worry about over driving it? Or are we ok not having a highpass for it?

She is hoping the sub arrives tomorrow! She acts like I do when I order a new toy...biggrin.gif
Is the e10 dual 2 ohm? IMO, I'd run them in series for a 4ohm load and find a decent amp that would run them under that load. And be nice to your daughter, get her a 400 watt amp. The girl probably wants to jam!! biggrin.gif Seriously though, I'm sure anything 100watts and over will jam.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 192 Old 03-10-2014, 06:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Mitten View Post

Is the e10 dual 2 ohm? IMO, I'd run them in series for a 4ohm load and find a decent amp that would run them under that load. And be nice to your daughter, get her a 400 watt amp. The girl probably wants to jam!! biggrin.gif Seriously though, I'm sure anything 100watts and over will jam.

Sorry busy weekend.

Yes the Sundown is dual coil 2 ohm per coil. I am making her cover the costs of the sub and sub amp. To get the most out of the amp, we will wire it @1 ohm DCR. My concern other than her room is next to my wife and I's room eek.gif is over driving the woofer under tuning. I am hoping with the low wattage, we will be fine. She can save her money for a bigger sub amp later. Who knows, building one of these may cause her to want two. Or four. Basically I want this to infect her with the bass sickness. biggrin.gif

XBL-Steelhouse1

"No one wants to fight the naked guy."
post #183 of 192 Old 03-10-2014, 02:38 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 86
I think you'll be alright if the amp has a flat response. There might be boost and a highpass integrated into the preamp side, if so, the response won't be as flat.

I don't think you'll hurt the driver at those power levels, it's pretty beefy.
post #184 of 192 Old 03-10-2014, 02:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmike View Post

I think you'll be alright if the amp has a flat response. There might be boost and a highpass integrated into the preamp side, if so, the response won't be as flat.

I don't think you'll hurt the driver at those power levels, it's pretty beefy.

Thanks for the input. The reviews seem that the amp may put out a bit less than specc'd and that is fine. for the money it looks like a good buy for a starter sub.

XBL-Steelhouse1

"No one wants to fight the naked guy."
post #185 of 192 Old 03-23-2014, 09:23 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Getting ready to install the sundown audio woofers. What about the seals? Should I leave the plastic/rubber ones on them or should I take them off and put some sort of speaker gasket on them? The ones that come on the speakers really don't seem like they would seal that well. Maybe they do, I'm just not experienced enough to know.
Michael Mitten likes this.
post #186 of 192 Old 05-04-2014, 12:45 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Is it possible/advisable to place these standing up, with the mouth at the top? 

Also any thoughts on what the side firing might sound like without a boundary. For the mouth opening to a room?

post #187 of 192 Old 06-01-2014, 12:40 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

A question on an amp. I starting from scratch and am planning on building two T-6's with sundown e-10's. 

I'm looking at either the Inuke 3000DSP or Inuke 6000DSP, at only $120 more, need some advice if it makes sense to buy the additional power or is the 3000DSP more than enough? Would the 6000DSP be too much?

Also, any guidance on E10 v2 Dual 2ohm or E10 Dual 4ohm?

post #188 of 192 Old 06-01-2014, 09:22 PM

Guy on the road - I just built two t-6's. I was going to ask the same question except Inuke1000dsp vs inuke3000dsp. Right now I am powering the pair off of my old m&k mx-70 sub amp and it rattles everything in my apt. It also gets very hot - probably a 1ohm or less load on it, so i don't play it very long. I used the sundown dual 4ohm voice coil version in mine.

So, I too will ask the question what do you guys think for powering two t-6's with dual voice coil 4 ohm?

Todd
post #189 of 192 Old 06-01-2014, 10:35 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I'm not expert, but here is my opinion.

I'd get the dual 4-ohm flavor of drivers so you can easily wire up one sub to each channel of the amp and give the amp a 2-ohm load. I would go for the inuke3000dsp since its not much more money than the inuke1000 and its a lot more power. The inuke1000 can just barely tickle those E-10s where as the 3000 should have plenty of juice. As far as the inuke6000 goes, if you want to spend the money and have the extra headroom and have the power available for future projects, I say go for it. But the 3000 should be able to push those E-10s to their limits so you aren't going to gain any performance with the 6000.
post #190 of 192 Old 06-20-2014, 05:10 PM

Well finally ordered up a Sundown E10. My brother is going to build the cab, as he has with all my cabs, during my annual trip to Ohio. It's not going to have too fancy of a finish. Just a rustic look made with black paint.

This will be matched up with some Fostex horns. Hope it sounds good!
post #191 of 192 Old 06-20-2014, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Mitten View Post
Well finally ordered up a Sundown E10. My brother is going to build the cab, as he has with all my cabs, during my annual trip to Ohio. It's not going to have too fancy of a finish. Just a rustic look made with black paint.

This will be matched up with some Fostex horns. Hope it sounds good!
Listening to mine right now. I use them for music. I really have no reference with any other subs other than a couple of 8in m&k's, but I really like them. Go ahead and build two. Not that you need to....
post #192 of 192 Old 06-21-2014, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts354 View Post
Listening to mine right now. I use them for music. I really have no reference with any other subs other than a couple of 8in m&k's, but I really like them. Go ahead and build two. Not that you need to....
I'll barely be able to squeeze one into my Civic for the trip home! LOL I'm hopeful one will do the trick. It all depends on how low I can crossover the Fostex.

I've had these cabs built for a year now, just never got around to dropping in the drivers.
http://diyaudioprojects.blogspot.com...x-fe126en.html
Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page