AVS Forum banner

AESpeakers TD Series group buy!!!

63K views 767 replies 99 participants last post by  robotbunny 
#1 ·
 http://www.aespeakers.com/phpbb2/vie...php?f=3&t=2808

Looks like a pretty good discount (30%) if we we can get 50+ drivers ordered. Note: 25% for orders less then 50 so that is pretty sweet too.

I think that means if we order 50 TD12Ms we get them for $203 + shipping so who has $10K ready

We have until October 17th so........

See less See more
#13 ·
I've got a new house and new theater in the works. I had basically decided to go with a full compliment of seven 3Pi (TD12S and DE250 upgrade version) for the new room, but would also be very interested to see what the 2-way kit with the TD15M is going to look like from Mark Seaton. I'm in for a few either way.

#17 ·
thanks for posting this up penngray. Mark Seaton should be getting up his kit information shortly. I also know they are going to debut the cabinets for the kit at RMAF this year which is the weekend before the group buy concludes. I expect some people will want to jump in after seeing them there.

Also, if anyone has build threads from previous TD woofer builds, can you either PM them to me or link them so I can get them on my forum? I've had some people say "the TD___ looks good, but what do i do with it?" Getting some links up on past projects there should really help. Thanks!

John

#18 ·
SSSssshhhh*******tttt!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci /forum/post/21015267

Might have to grab a couple of TD18's at that price.

Yeah, no kidding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by penngray /forum/post/21015278

Yeah 25% off is pretty good on any single item order. I wonder if the TD18s would be better then my JBL 2226 designs???

Heh. I've already planned the replacement of my quad 2226's with dual TD18's. Hmmm.. Gdamnit.

I don't know if I completely understand the group buy thing. The Discount was listed at +/- 50 drivers. Does that mean that for a total of that many amount of a certain driver or all drivers? Or all that for me?
No way could I afford 50 drivers but I figure that's a total for everyone number. I'd like to get six TD18's but I dunno how many other people would get those. I sure could use the discount but it feels like the TD18 is their least popular driver from the little I see of it compared to the rest. Of course it's my fav.

Heheh. Anyway, just curious. I really, really, really want some TD18's.

#19 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian /forum/post/21016219

I don't know if I completely understand the group buy thing. The Discount was listed at +/- 50 drivers. Does that mean that for a total of that many amount of a certain driver or all drivers? Or all that for me?
No way could I afford 50 drivers but I figure that's a total for everyone number.

The 50 driver count is for the total of all qualifying drivers, ie if all of you order 24 each of TD10 variants (X/H/M), TD12 variants, and TD15 variants, that's 72 drivers.

Having talked to John about it regarding the cabinets and later kits which will be available with my help, I can't imagine all of you not exceeding the 50pc minimum, but John needs to set some minimum to make the effort viable.

#20 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-mill /forum/post/21015823

...very interested to see what the 2-way kit with the TD15M is going to look like from Mark Seaton. I'm in for a few either way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_E_Janowitz /forum/post/21016134

Mark Seaton should be getting up his kit information shortly. I also know they are going to debut the cabinets for the kit at RMAF this year which is the weekend before the group buy concludes. I expect some people will want to jump in after seeing them there.

#21 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Seaton /forum/post/21016401

The 50 driver count is for the total of all qualifying drivers, ie if all of you order 24 each of TD10 variants (X/H/M), TD12 variants, and TD15 variants, that's 72 drivers.

Having talked to John about it regarding the cabinets and later kits which will be available with my help, I can't imagine all of you not exceeding the 50pc minimum, but John needs to set some minimum to make the effort viable.

So I could order the six TD18's I'm looking for and that is put towards the 50 piece total, eh? Awesome.

Ooofff... I may sell off my twelve JBL 2226's before I've even listened to them.

#22 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian /forum/post/21016466

So I could order the six TD18's I'm looking for and that is put towards the 50 piece total, eh? Awesome.

Ooofff... I may sell off my twelve JBL 2226's before I've even listened to them.

Are you sure 6 TD18's is enough?

I don't think we will have a problem coming up with 50 total. I know of 10 off the top of my head not including those mentioned here.

Anybody considering a Pi Speaker should jump on their TD12S's now. I'd definitely skip the Pi4 and go Pi3 with these prices.

Seaton, do you have any sneak previews on this kit? I assume it will be a horn 2-way, right? Which horn?

#24 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by coctostan /forum/post/21016610

Are you sure 6 TD18's is enough?

I don't think we will have a problem coming up with 50 total. I know of 10 off the top of my head not including those mentioned here.

Anybody considering a Pi Speaker should jump on their TD12S's now. I'd definitely skip the Pi4 and go Pi3 with these prices.

Seaton, do you have any sneak previews on this kit? I assume it will be a horn 2-way, right? Which horn?

haha....looking at the Pi3 now.

so, who's keeping track of the orders?

#26 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-mill /forum/post/21015823

I've got a new house and new theater in the works. I had basically decided to go with a full compliment of seven 3Pi (TD12S and DE250 upgrade version) for the new room, but would also be very interested to see what the 2-way kit with the TD15M is going to look like from Mark Seaton. I'm in for a few either way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiGBADDABOOM /forum/post/21016408

As I just posted in the TD Group Buy thread at AE's forum, the first phase of this is setting up my cabinet shop to offer some cabinets directly which are "screwdriver ready." These are assembled similar to my Catalyst loudspeakers with the entire cabinet except for the back is folded from a continuous, veneered MDF sheet with plenty of bracing. Black oak and Maple will be the standard finishes, with some others available as well. I'll be hanging around RMAF where these and a few other cabinets I've helped develop will be on display.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.