Non standard inuke setup - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-11-2011, 09:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on the baby inuke with DSP and I have a question on a non standard setup. I run two completely separate systems in one room, one for music one for movies. I would like to be able to use my new sub with both. I will be bridging the sub for one channel of output but I wonder if I can run one input channel from the movie system and the other input channel from the music system. Obviously they aren't being run at the same time, but just wondering if anything would blow up. Both my music and movie system only have a single subwoofer output so I assume it's already putting out a mono bass track; anyone see any issues?

To cloud the matter further, I'm actually running two subs and am already splitting the single RCA subwoofer output for the two subs. One of the plate amps I was using for one sub died so that's why I'm rebuilding and going with the inuke.

So here's what I envision... Splitter on both LF RCA outputs, one cable from each system running to my current functioning sub (I switch the cable at the sub when I switch systems). I would take the other RCA output from the splitter and use an RCA to XLR cable from each system to each channel of the inuke. I'll bridge the output of the inuke and then just a single cable to the sub.

What do you think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-11-2011, 10:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
In theory it should work, but level matching and ground loop hum might be an issue. Only trying it out can really tell for sure.
Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page