New Peavey IPR Amp lineup - 5000 and 7500 model - Page 9 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
 14Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #241 of 269 Old 11-11-2014, 09:20 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Archaea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 7,757
Mentioned: 137 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1454 Post(s)
Liked: 1298
Post 465
Cheap Crown Amp Power $99


The iNuke DSP3000 had a lower distortion profile than some cheap a/b or h amps from crown in my testing.

"Without subs it's just background music - with subs it's the main event!"
Archaea's Theatre Room
2011 KC Sub Shootout
2012 KC Blind Sub Shootout
My Subwoofer Recommendations by Pricepoint
Archaea is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #242 of 269 Old 11-18-2014, 09:23 PM
AVS Special Member
 
pdxrealtor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,573
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 148
I'm selling my four amps. IPR2 7500s 525.00 plus shipping in 48. PM me for payment info. Going in the classifieds also.
pdxrealtor is offline  
post #243 of 269 Old 11-18-2014, 09:47 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
MKtheater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New Hartford, NY
Posts: 15,556
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 746 Post(s)
Liked: 666
Why?
MKtheater is offline  
post #244 of 269 Old 11-18-2014, 09:50 PM
AVS Special Member
 
pdxrealtor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,573
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 148
I won't be using my theater much in the next year, and when I do I can't turn it up so there is no point in having 30kw of power sitting there doing nothing. Probably going to sell the subs also.
pdxrealtor is offline  
post #245 of 269 Old 11-19-2014, 05:43 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jpmst3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Davidsville, PA
Posts: 8,379
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxrealtor View Post
I won't be using my theater much in the next year, and when I do I can't turn it up so there is no point in having 30kw of power sitting there doing nothing. Probably going to sell the subs also.
Bummer man! I hope it is nothing serious and your health and overall happiness is not failing.

______________________________________________
Joe = LFE Addict
Joe's LOWARHORN build
Dual LMS-5400 Ultra Endtables build
jpmst3 is offline  
post #246 of 269 Old 11-19-2014, 07:21 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Fatshaft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 1,636
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 302 Post(s)
Liked: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxrealtor View Post
I won't be using my theater much in the next year, and when I do I can't turn it up so there is no point in having 30kw of power sitting there doing nothing. Probably going to sell the subs also.
Hope all is well...this is the saddest thing I have read in a while.
No more bass?

Again...I hope everything is ok

My Build Thread
Equipment Speakers:
3x 1099's for LCR duty
4x Fusion 8's for surround duty
8x subs: 4x FTW21's and 4x SI18's
Fatshaft is offline  
post #247 of 269 Old 11-19-2014, 03:07 PM
AVS Special Member
 
pdxrealtor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,573
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Nah nothing bad going on at all. Thx for the kind words.

Just pre-occupied with other things and will be staying 30 miles away from the house quite often for quite a while. . The wife and daughter don't like it loud so....... there ya go. I might end up moving the entire theater to our other house and at that point would need to build different subs to fit properly in the space. Too much up in the air to think about that right now.

Just know I don't need 30 kw sitting around collecting dust. Who is ready to buy some IPR2s?
pdxrealtor is offline  
post #248 of 269 Old 12-09-2014, 09:51 PM
AVS Special Member
 
popalock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Doha, Qatar
Posts: 4,582
Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 995 Post(s)
Liked: 1363
Send a message via Skype™ to popalock
popalock is offline  
post #249 of 269 Old 12-10-2014, 05:02 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jpmst3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Davidsville, PA
Posts: 8,379
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 231
Holy cow! That is unreal pricing there!

______________________________________________
Joe = LFE Addict
Joe's LOWARHORN build
Dual LMS-5400 Ultra Endtables build
jpmst3 is offline  
post #250 of 269 Old 12-10-2014, 06:49 AM
Ace of Bass
 
beastaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Western NC
Posts: 9,335
Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1756 Post(s)
Liked: 1405
Now you see it, now you don't! Wonder who scooped it?

(European models do not accept banana plugs.)
 
HT seats for sale!
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/211-ac...seat-rows.html
Beast's DIY Master Measurement Thread
beastaudio is offline  
post #251 of 269 Old 12-10-2014, 11:46 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 301
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Liked: 19
WHO! WHO! Who let the Dogs out...... LOL.
AVSF458 is offline  
post #252 of 269 Old 12-17-2014, 03:32 PM
AVS Special Member
 
zeus33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,143
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 626 Post(s)
Liked: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by popalock View Post
$551!
Free shipping!



Someone jump on it.

http://www.amazon.com/Peavey-IPR2-75...SIN=B003OURTDY




They have one more in stock at the same price if anyone is interested.

http://www.amazon.com/Peavey-IPR2-75...SIN=B003OURTDY
zeus33 is offline  
post #253 of 269 Old 12-17-2014, 09:55 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Swolephile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,046
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 303 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus33 View Post
They have one more in stock at the same price if anyone is interested.

http://www.amazon.com/Peavey-IPR2-75...SIN=B003OURTDY
Last one is now property of Swolephile.
Swolephile is offline  
post #254 of 269 Old 12-18-2014, 04:29 AM
Advanced Member
 
WereWolf84's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 750
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 36
what's the best (actual output closest to claimed output) class D pro amp (at least 2K watts) for below price range?

- below $1K - Behringer iNuke NU6000, Peavey IPR-7500?
- around & above $1K - Crest CC/ProLite Series?
- around $2K - Crown XTi 6002, SpeakerPower SP2-6400?

Last edited by WereWolf84; 12-18-2014 at 06:32 AM.
WereWolf84 is offline  
post #255 of 269 Old 12-18-2014, 04:33 AM
AVS Special Member
 
chrapladm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Posts: 3,379
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 418 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Best would determine many factors. For me it would be either a IPR2 on a budget or Crest 5500 for around the same money or if I want the best in my book I would buy the SP amp. All purely opinion here. I just know that I have an amp for now that works fine so I will continue saving for the SP12.
chrapladm is offline  
post #256 of 269 Old 12-18-2014, 04:54 AM
Advanced Member
 
WereWolf84's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 750
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrapladm View Post
Best would determine many factors. For me it would be either a IPR2 on a budget or Crest 5500 for around the same money or if I want the best in my book I would buy the SP amp. All purely opinion here. I just know that I have an amp for now that works fine so I will continue saving for the SP12.
Best in my definition is actual output closest to claimed output what class D amps are you using now?
WereWolf84 is offline  
post #257 of 269 Old 12-18-2014, 05:22 AM
AVS Special Member
 
chrapladm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Posts: 3,379
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 418 Post(s)
Liked: 149
I have a few Crest Pro 7200 amps. Sold all my other crest amps.
chrapladm is offline  
post #258 of 269 Old 12-18-2014, 07:46 AM
Ace of Bass
 
beastaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Western NC
Posts: 9,335
Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1756 Post(s)
Liked: 1405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swolephile View Post
Last one is now property of Swolephile.
IF that in fact is the case, I am going to be pretty upset. I received a shipping notification that I got the "last one" two days ago, then got an email last night saying I was being refunded so I am assuming there is no amp heading my way. If you in fact get it, that is some absolute garbage on Amazon's front. Definitely not mad at you bro, it will work out quite well for ya, but I definitely got the bad end of this deal....

(European models do not accept banana plugs.)
 
HT seats for sale!
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/211-ac...seat-rows.html
Beast's DIY Master Measurement Thread
beastaudio is offline  
post #259 of 269 Old 12-18-2014, 08:06 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Archaea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 7,757
Mentioned: 137 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1454 Post(s)
Liked: 1298
Quote:
Originally Posted by WereWolf84 View Post
what's the best (actual output closest to claimed output) class D pro amp (at least 2K watts) for below price range?

- below $1K - Behringer iNuke NU6000, Peavey IPR-7500?
- around & above $1K - Crest CC/ProLite Series?
- around $2K - Crown XTi 6002, SpeakerPower SP2-6400?

iNuke DSP 6000 = $400 - tested by about three places to between 1.8 and 2.1K watts per channel at 4ohm. Not two ohm capable. Awesome DSP
Peavey IPR 7500 = $800 - tested by at least one shop to pretty much put out 4k watts at 1 channel 2 ohm, or about 2K per channel at 4ohm. Not capable of driving both channels at 2ohm under heavy load because of power supply limitations.


At 4ohm these two amps are very similar in tested/rated specs, the iNuke is half price and has a much better DSP. I suspect the Peavey might still be running in 20 years, and question the Behringer on that topic - but 1/2 price situation - it's pretty hard to ignore the Behringer's offering. Getting the Peavey for $550 shuffles the cards a bit if you don't need DSP, because it gives you the flexibility of 2ohm.

Disclosure: I own three iNuke DSP amps.

"Without subs it's just background music - with subs it's the main event!"
Archaea's Theatre Room
2011 KC Sub Shootout
2012 KC Blind Sub Shootout
My Subwoofer Recommendations by Pricepoint
Archaea is offline  
post #260 of 269 Old 12-18-2014, 09:24 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Swolephile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,046
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 303 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post
IF that in fact is the case, I am going to be pretty upset. I received a shipping notification that I got the "last one" two days ago, then got an email last night saying I was being refunded so I am assuming there is no amp heading my way. If you in fact get it, that is some absolute garbage on Amazon's front. Definitely not mad at you bro, it will work out quite well for ya, but I definitely got the bad end of this deal....
Sorry to hear this. I have not received a shipping email so my unit might be vaporware as well. If so, it won't bother me any. It was between this amp or a new power rack for my weightlifting. A refund from Amazon will make my decision that much easier.
Swolephile is offline  
post #261 of 269 Old 12-18-2014, 10:20 AM
AVS Special Member
 
lukeamdman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Burnsville, MN
Posts: 2,089
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 417 Post(s)
Liked: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by WereWolf84 View Post
Best in my definition is actual output closest to claimed output what class D amps are you using now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
iNuke DSP 6000 = $400 - tested by about three places to between 1.8 and 2.1K watts per channel at 4ohm. Not two ohm capable. Awesome DSP
Peavey IPR 7500 = $800 - tested by at least one shop to pretty much put out 4k watts at 1 channel 2 ohm, or about 2K per channel at 4ohm. Not capable of driving both channels at 2ohm under heavy load because of power supply limitations.


At 4ohm these two amps are very similar in tested/rated specs, the iNuke is half price and has a much better DSP. I suspect the Peavey might still be running in 20 years, and question the Behringer on that topic - but 1/2 price situation - it's pretty hard to ignore the Behringer's offering. Getting the Peavey for $550 shuffles the cards a bit if you don't need DSP, because it gives you the flexibility of 2ohm.

Disclosure: I own three iNuke DSP amps.
All my testing between the Crest 7.5, cc4000/cc5500, and the sp2-12k indicates the 7.5 lives up to its specifications.

In 4ohm stereo, the difference between the 7.5 ($800) and the sp2-12k ($3,400) was almost exactly 3db in favor of the sp2. Not bad at all considering the price and also that the 7.5 was running 120v compared to 240v of the SP2.
lukeamdman is offline  
post #262 of 269 Old 12-18-2014, 10:30 AM
Advanced Member
 
WereWolf84's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 750
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
iNuke DSP 6000 = $400 - tested by about three places to between 1.8 and 2.1K watts per channel at 4ohm. Not two ohm capable. Awesome DSP
Peavey IPR 7500 = $800 - tested by at least one shop to pretty much put out 4k watts at 1 channel 2 ohm, or about 2K per channel at 4ohm. Not capable of driving both channels at 2ohm under heavy load because of power supply limitations.


At 4ohm these two amps are very similar in tested/rated specs, the iNuke is half price and has a much better DSP. I suspect the Peavey might still be running in 20 years, and question the Behringer on that topic - but 1/2 price situation - it's pretty hard to ignore the Behringer's offering. Getting the Peavey for $550 shuffles the cards a bit if you don't need DSP, because it gives you the flexibility of 2ohm.

Disclosure: I own three iNuke DSP amps.
The non-DSP version iNuke NU6000 also has the same output capability as the iNuke NU6000DSP? I assume yes as they are basically same amp with/without DSP
WereWolf84 is offline  
post #263 of 269 Old 12-18-2014, 10:43 AM
Advanced Member
 
WereWolf84's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 750
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeamdman View Post
All my testing between the Crest 7.5, cc4000/cc5500, and the sp2-12k indicates the 7.5 lives up to its specifications.

In 4ohm stereo, the difference between the 7.5 ($800) and the sp2-12k ($3,400) was almost exactly 3db in favor of the sp2. Not bad at all considering the price and also that the 7.5 was running 120v compared to 240v of the SP2.
Ya, read that too from your Ghorn build thread, does those Crest amps comes with 120V/240V automatic voltage switch button? In 4ohm stereo, the 3dB difference for >4x times the price difference how about in 4ohm bridged?
WereWolf84 is offline  
post #264 of 269 Old 12-18-2014, 10:45 AM
AVS Special Member
 
lukeamdman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Burnsville, MN
Posts: 2,089
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 417 Post(s)
Liked: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by WereWolf84 View Post
Ya, read that too from your Ghorn build thread, does those Crest amps comes with 120V/240V automatic voltage switch button? In 4ohm stereo, the 3dB difference for >triple the price difference how about in 4ohm bridged?
The 7.5 does not have the option to easily switch between 120v/240v.

Also, neither the 7.5 or the SP2 have the option of being bridged.
lukeamdman is offline  
post #265 of 269 Old 12-18-2014, 11:37 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Archaea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 7,757
Mentioned: 137 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1454 Post(s)
Liked: 1298
Quote:
Originally Posted by WereWolf84 View Post
The non-DSP version iNuke NU6000 also has the same output capability as the iNuke NU6000DSP? I assume yes as they are basically same amp with/without DSP
Same outside of the DSP, but the DSP version is a no brainer to me. It is worth $50 even if you don't plan to use it right now, in case you do in the future. It's excellent. Dynamic EQ, 8 PEQ bands per channel, HPF, LPF, shelf filters, voltage limiting, etc.

"Without subs it's just background music - with subs it's the main event!"
Archaea's Theatre Room
2011 KC Sub Shootout
2012 KC Blind Sub Shootout
My Subwoofer Recommendations by Pricepoint
Archaea is offline  
post #266 of 269 Old 12-18-2014, 04:56 PM
AVS Special Member
 
NWCgrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Frederick, MD
Posts: 1,852
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 539 Post(s)
Liked: 454
If Behringer would adjust the software down to 10 Hz like the miniDSP the iNuke's would really be great for subwooferage!

I know the professionals would never need 10 Hz but common I bet a pretty good percentage of Behringer amps are sold to the home audio crowd. I have never met a professional DJ or FOH person who anything but derision for the brand.

___________________________________________
NWCgrad's Mostly DIY Basement HT - http://www.avsforum.com/forum/15-gen...sement-ht.html
NWCgrad's 10” coaxial collaborative design - http://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-di...ve-design.html
NWCgrad is offline  
post #267 of 269 Old 12-19-2014, 10:40 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Swolephile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,046
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 303 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxrealtor View Post
I'm selling my four amps. IPR2 7500s 525.00 plus shipping in 48. PM me for payment info. Going in the classifieds also.

Might take you up on this offer. Amazon cancelled my order for the IPR2 7500 as they did with Beastaudio.
Swolephile is offline  
post #268 of 269 Old 12-19-2014, 10:13 PM
AVS Special Member
 
popalock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Doha, Qatar
Posts: 4,582
Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 995 Post(s)
Liked: 1363
Send a message via Skype™ to popalock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swolephile View Post
Might take you up on this offer. Amazon cancelled my order for the IPR2 7500 as they did with Beastaudio.
WTF??? False advertizing crap... That sucks!
popalock is offline  
post #269 of 269 Old 12-19-2014, 11:18 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Swolephile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,046
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 303 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by popalock View Post
WTF??? False advertizing crap... That sucks!
Yep.
Swolephile is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

Tags
Peavey Ipr2 7500 Power Amplifier 7500 Watts



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off