2 LG Clone, 4 UXL-18 (Pi-18).......... - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 515 Old 01-25-2012, 07:24 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 852
"Sanway just emailed me. Sounds like they want to send me instructions and find an electrical engineer."

:-( sorry to hear that you got banged up trying to do a big arse diy. sometimes it happens when you are shooting for the limit. ever see a drag race where the motor comes apart 1/2 way down the track? that can easily be $30k smoke there.

with russian roulette, one guy doubles his money, the other guys dies.

bosso: "All in all, I had a 50% fail rate with Sanway. Each time it was the VPL circuit."

i hope it isn't too expensive to remedy, but don't feel like you are the only guy to have a problem shooting for the extremes.

Listen. It's All Good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 515 Old 01-25-2012, 07:54 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 30
I know things don't work the first time and I certaintly don't expect perfection and know mistakes and issues happen....I knew going DIY was taking a risk and maybe getting 2 SubM HP or JTR Cap S could have been done for the same money, but after talking to you guys and reading and using REW/JRiver I'm convinced for the same money I can do better with EQ and essentially be "done" with subs and then concentrate on mains next year or in the next house.

I'm so desenitized to things not working or things breaking right now.

I got two new windows installed on my second floor. The installer had to rehang shutters. On new years eve 2 blew off the house (he didn't use long enough screws). They are buying all new ones to match.

My ktichen sink hand sprayer makes a high pitched noise with only cold water when used. My largest burner on my oven top doesn't work. My fridge just quit giving me water from the door. My dishwasher I can't use the heating element for drying because I think my house will burn down. I put in stamped concrete but when it rains I think I'm going to fall and crack my skull open.

My house is only 8 years old.

My laptop charger just died after only 1 year-ordered a replacement.

My projector's dynamic iris just started acting up and going completely dark-might send in after the superbowl back to BenQ.

My wife's car electronic dash (stereo/ac/etc) just went black along with the cigarette lighters. They want $300. Really.

So, I guess I just roll with the punches because stuff happens.

Many of my business oriented friends on here and in real life think I'm "too easy" with people when things go wrong. But I work in healthcare and challenges and patient satisfaction are huge issues daily so I'm used to rolling with punches.

I probably compromise too much and have too much trust in people-I grew up and live in Nebraska.

Mark has been easy to work with and I trust he will make it right. These drivers appear to be of fine craftmanship.

I'm going to fire the first UXL-18 I received to make sure it sounds and looks fine tomorrow.

I also need to call my electric engineer friend who just happened to move back within 60 miles of me from Kansas City.

Does anyone else think Chinese New Year is wayyyyy too long?

For the time being I can keep listening to these MFW-15 dual opposed. They sound nice enough.

We can revisit the fact that instead of using these double baffle MFW boxes I should get some new plans and make new boxes-like quad baffles!

Any cool ideas? Dual opposed or single boxes?
post #93 of 515 Old 01-25-2012, 10:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Step 1: Bring lilmike cinema f20's back down to the basement
Step 2: Apply bracing update discussed in the diy thread
Step 3: Profit.
post #94 of 515 Old 01-26-2012, 07:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
At least the clones didn't catch in fire and burn your house down, not saying they have but thoseknockoff amps with no ce mark on them is where I draw the line.

Saving a couple thousand is nothing compared to the cost of fixing your house when insurance wont cover you. Sucks about what happened but you look like you are resoucefull and will get them back up and running.
post #95 of 515 Old 01-26-2012, 07:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 338
post #96 of 515 Old 01-26-2012, 07:52 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormwind13 View Post

Step 1: Bring lilmike cinema f20's back down to the basement
Step 2: Apply bracing update discussed in the diy thread
Step 3: Profit.

profit in?
post #97 of 515 Old 01-26-2012, 08:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 70
I heard of the Buttkicker amps catching fire and I think those have all the legit certifications.
post #98 of 515 Old 01-26-2012, 08:54 AM
Advanced Member

profit in better sounding bass.
post #99 of 515 Old 01-26-2012, 09:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

They're not going to compare to the setup he's building.
post #100 of 515 Old 01-26-2012, 09:39 AM
Bass Enabler

Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 639
Quote:

My Dual 18" LLT subs 120dB down to 10hz

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

https://soundcloud.com/plan9reloaded/sets/podcast - direct pod link

http://plan9reloaded.com/site/ - main website

post #101 of 515 Old 01-26-2012, 01:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 261
LOL Scott!!

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

post #102 of 515 Old 01-26-2012, 03:18 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Other driver sounds great. It takes two drivers, a functional amp, and a box to make Defibrillator #1 though......
post #103 of 515 Old 01-26-2012, 03:26 PM
Bass Enabler

Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 639
Got the replacement driver already?

My Dual 18" LLT subs 120dB down to 10hz

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

https://soundcloud.com/plan9reloaded/sets/podcast - direct pod link

http://plan9reloaded.com/site/ - main website

post #104 of 515 Old 01-26-2012, 03:39 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian View Post

Got the replacement driver already?

Oh gosh no. Just wanted to test the first one I got. Taking the other driver to fedex tomorrow.....Mark sent me the return shipping label and documents.
post #105 of 515 Old 01-26-2012, 04:26 PM
Advanced Member

Nah not trolling, just an alternative setup until new drivers arrive. Anytime things of mine break, I'm in the basement using other equipment to optimize in the meantime.
post #106 of 515 Old 01-26-2012, 10:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Liked: 568
Quote:

Nah not trolling, just an alternative setup until new drivers arrive. Anytime things of mine break, I'm in the basement using other equipment to optimize in the meantime.

Haha me too. That is so key!!! I always keep something on deck, can't have any downtime in the boom boom room

(European models do not accept banana plugs.)

"If you done it, it ain't bragging." ~ Walt Whitman

AE TD12x SEOS12 Build

Beast's DIY Master Measurement Thread

DIY Emminence Coaxial Surround Thread

post #107 of 515 Old 01-27-2012, 02:24 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Stormwind-If Desertdome steals these MFW15 dual opposed back from me, I'll definitely do the F20 mods on the duals of those and see if I can't get them to play nicer than the GTG in October with JRiver and REW.

Unless the shipping is out of hand, I'm going to send my working UXL-18 to Ricci for testing. Going to see about shipping prices today when I drop my other driver off at Fedex to send back to Mark for fixing.

We might as well see how the UXL shakes out against the competition while I'm waiting for the other driver and my clone amp fix instructions (which my email said I won't get until February). Happy New Year....China.
post #108 of 515 Old 01-27-2012, 02:44 PM
Advanced Member

I'm surprised that amp already failed on you. I'll bet a lot of Sanway's business is generated through various diy threads here. They probably don't even realize that they are hurting their own rep with the delays. Maybe they don't even care, who knows?
post #109 of 515 Old 01-28-2012, 04:02 PM

Liked: 48
Quote:

I'm surprised that amp already failed on you. I'll bet a lot of Sanway's business is generated through various diy threads here. They probably don't even realize that they are hurting their own rep with the delays. Maybe they don't even care, who knows?

I doubt it. They are an OEM - the odd guy buying one would simply be gravy/chump change.

You guys are crazy....
post #110 of 515 Old 01-28-2012, 08:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 606
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrogowski View Post

I doubt it. They are an OEM - the odd guy buying one would simply be gravy/chump change.

Nonsense.

Sanway, which is Johnson Tang, is just a dealer making a small markup selling amps, speakers and other pro sound gear, like dozens of others in China. He is NOT an OEM.

No one here knows who the manufacturer (OEM) of the Lab Clones Johnson sells is.

And, as I said Sanway is just "one of dozens", a half dozen of which were mentioned in the Clone thread.

If the DIYers had any brains about this, they'd play one dealer against another until the QC improved. Of course, I'll say again, notnyt offered to do this for any forum members here, making sure no DOA would happen as well as offering to do fan mods and who knows what else as it may have evolved.

Amazingly, there were no takers, so... buyer beware and good luck with that.

It'd be cool not to spread baloney about Sanway. It just makes it harder for future interested members.

Bosso
post #111 of 515 Old 01-28-2012, 09:11 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 420
I believe they are made by Guangzhou Ho-Young Speaker Factory, Bosso.

"I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - Gregory House
post #112 of 515 Old 01-28-2012, 09:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Nope, they sell the same amps, and try to take credit, though they'll send you docs with Sanway's name on it. They just make speakers there from what I gathered. From what I saw, others were reselling Sanway. Sanway seems to have a huge amount of products they're copying. The catalog that they sent with it is thick.
post #113 of 515 Old 01-28-2012, 09:22 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 420
Alibaba lists them both...interesting.

"I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - Gregory House
post #114 of 515 Old 01-29-2012, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossobass View Post

Nonsense.

Sanway, which is Johnson Tang, is just a dealer making a small markup selling amps, speakers and other pro sound gear, like dozens of others in China. He is NOT an OEM.

No one here knows who the manufacturer (OEM) of the Lab Clones Johnson sells is.

And, as I said Sanway is just "one of dozens", a half dozen of which were mentioned in the Clone thread.

If the DIYers had any brains about this, they'd play one dealer against another until the QC improved. Of course, I'll say again, notnyt offered to do this for any forum members here, making sure no DOA would happen as well as offering to do fan mods and who knows what else as it may have evolved.

It'd be cool not to spread baloney about Sanway. It just makes it harder for future interested members.

Bosso

Company Name: SANWAY PROFESSIONAL AUDIO EQUIPMENT CO LTD
Business Type: Manufacturer
Number of Employees: 101 - 200 People
Total Annual Sales Volume: US$1 Million - US$2.5 Million
Factory Size (Sq.meters): 1,000-3,000 square meters
Factory Location: No.6, Xiaoping Industrial Area, Shijing Town, Baiyun District, Guangzhou, China
Number of Production Lines: 5
Number of R&D Staff: 21 - 30 People
Contract Manufacturing: OEM Service Offered Design Service Offered Buyer Label Offered

Quote:

You have strong convictions Bosso, I like that in a person. But do your research before you swing your heavy handed gavel okay?

You guys are crazy....
post #115 of 515 Old 01-29-2012, 09:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 606
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrogowski View Post

Company Name: SANWAY PROFESSIONAL AUDIO EQUIPMENT CO LTD
Business Type: Manufacturer
Number of Employees: 101 - 200 People
Total Annual Sales Volume: US$1 Million - US$2.5 Million
Factory Size (Sq.meters): 1,000-3,000 square meters
Factory Location: No.6, Xiaoping Industrial Area, Shijing Town, Baiyun District, Guangzhou, China
Number of Production Lines: 5
Number of R&D Staff: 21 - 30 People
Contract Manufacturing: OEM Service Offered Design Service Offered Buyer Label Offered

You have strong convictions Bosso, I like that in a person. But do your research before you swing your heavy handed gavel okay?

So, let me get this straight. Your total research is the Alibaba free member advertising blurb and you're using that info to exhort me to "do your research"?

Let me swing my heavy handed gavel enough for a love tap, okay?

Let's fly over the address you listed for the 30,000 sq ft factory:

Let's look at the real filing for the company vs the one you posted as the result of your "research"

Quote:

Company Name:Sanway Professional Audio Equipment Co., Ltd.
Industry Category:Computer Hardware & Software > Peripherals & Accessories > Speakers
Electrical & Electronics > Magnetic Materials & Semiconductors
Electrical & Electronics > Wires & Cables
Electrical & Electronics > Capacitors
Main Products:Audio, speaker, loudspeaker, amplifier, power amplifier, professional audio, professional speaker, professional loudspeaker, professional amplifier, professional power amplifier, pro audio, pro speaker, pro loudspeaker, pro amplifier, pro power amplifier, pa audio.
Business Type:Manufacturer
Year Established:1997
Annual Revenue:US$5 Million - US$10 Million
Target Market:Worldwide
No. of Staff:5 - 10 People
No. of R&D Staff:Less Than 5 People
OEM Service:Yes
Certificate:CE
QC Control:Third Party House

Another blurb:
Quote:

About Sanway
  Sanway Professional Audio Equipment Co., Ltd is a collection of development, research manufacture and sale of professional audio products specialized into an Industrial Corporation., including Transducers, Enclosures, Amplifiers and Peripheral equipments.

Which is it, 200 employees or 5 employees? 30 R&D staff or "less than 5"?

Quote:

Sanway incorporates many experts and advanced engineers in Electronics, electro acoustics, acoustics, materials science and correlation interdisciplinary science field. They devote to the latest technology in all these fields, and give our technology support.

Given this info ^^^, then Johnson Tang will be fully able to diagnose the possible problems with Husker's amp. Right. Johnson might send some random pics of unrelated equipment with some unrelated babble about components, but the simple truth is that he employs not a single "advanced engineer" and has no clue how the FP amps work.

There are companies that track shipments in detail from Sanway. There are contacts who can tell me mostly anything about any of the agents that have free member sites at Alibaba, Made in China, ECPlaza Global, Busytrade, DHGate, DIYTrade, China Products, All Products, Twaynet, TradeKey, TooToo, EZBizChina, ChinaSuppliers, Global Source, etc., etc.

I've been buying from both agents and manufacturers in Asia since 2000.

I had problems with amps bought from Sanway, but I buy more than one amplifier from Asia, so it was a simple matter to negotiate a discount for further purchases until the bad product was paid for. There is also stiff competition amongst "manufacturers" who all happen to have the same size factory in the same province selling exactly the same amplifiers for exactly the same price.

Your posted 'research' is funny stuff, but please with the whole "you should do your research". I doubt the clones thread would exist if I hadn't already done my research years before the thread was started.

In any case and silly huffing and puffing aside, Sanway is not an OEM. Johnson's a pretty cool guy, but that's about it. Telling interested people that Sanway considers this forums potential purchases "chump change" is BS.

Bosso
post #116 of 515 Old 01-29-2012, 10:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Sanway is in the rice business too?

Lot's of low rent stuff stacked up into a medium rent pile.
post #117 of 515 Old 01-29-2012, 10:30 AM

I'm proud of you Bosso. Until you go there you know about as much about them as I do.

Either way, they supply the product. If they are legit, as I'm sure they are, they will tend to this person's needs.

You guys are crazy....
post #118 of 515 Old 01-29-2012, 11:22 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Thanks for the thread bumps guys...I need to print the shipping labels tonight and I'll have the UXL off to Ricci this week.

I noticed the use of google maps as a certainty of the location of said factory and what looks like a nice field.

I'm wondering how often these are updated though, as bing maps and to a lesser extent google maps, which I use frequently in my house shopping these past few months, are outdated by YEARS, at least in the midwest.....as you can tell by construction and streets you know are now there and cars in your driveway you haven't had for 4-5 years.....
post #119 of 515 Old 01-29-2012, 01:12 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bossobass View Post

Nonsense.

Bosso

I write from Venezuela, sanway not oem, is a sales office, shop in the big factories and offers good products these days talk to a seller of lighting in China and I told him that I buy johnson tang fp series and she was offered to buy for my amps in the factories, for example, sells it sanway fp10000q $ 786, at the factory costs $ 750 according to her, I asked a commission of $ 26 for each amplifier, if this is true sanway earn $ 36 for each amplifier sold.

Also told me that of all the Chinese factories that make this clone, which is the best selling sanway, other factories using recycled parts.

I sold several series in my country fp and temperature fp14000 have problems with 3 subwoofer channel (2.7 to 3 ohms) is muted, I would like to hear other experiences in these conditions.

Excuse my English.

Jlproducction
post #120 of 515 Old 01-29-2012, 01:53 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
Are there under spider/gap vents at all? Can't quite tell from the pics.

Originally Posted by Bill Fitzmaurice:
It's also the very sort of Voodoo Engineering that should never be done.

Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page