This will be my take on the Bossobass Blackbird modules. Major props to Bosso for answering all my questions and teaching me quite a bit along the way. I was going back and forth with so many options it was ridiculous but ended up using 8) of the stock Fi SSD 15s to be powered by an FP 14000 then lastly LT to dial in the ULF.
I got the wood and basic cuts done at home depot which is 3/4" 7 ply with a second 1/2" 5 ply on the driver faces so the driver can be recessed and add more solidity. Internal dimensions are 17.5" x 16.5" x 24.5" for 3.75 cubic feet after driver displacement but not including bracing (which is admittedly light but I'm banking on the dual opposed canceling out most of the vibration). External dimensions are 20" x 18" x 26"
I took the cut pieces from home depot to a shop that I'm familiar with. I originally just wanted them to cut the holes for the drivers which I can do, but with more frustration than it's worth. While there, they asked me if I also wanted them put together and finished, and so the wheels got churning. Anything I've ever built (in terms of sub boxes at least) has been functionally good but cosmetically challenged so I decided to hand it over.
At the shop, the boxes were assembled, brace cut out and installed, edges routered, body worked, and of course the original task at hand 16 holes cut. Now they are at a metal fabricator to get ideas on the poles that will enable stacking. I'll go look at some samples tomorrow that might also spawn some ideas for paint finish. Not a bunch, but some pics will follow.