Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 619
Meh. I will challenge that. biggrin.gif

Looks like a wee baby center. tongue.gif

My Dual 18" LLT subs 120dB down to 10hz

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

https://soundcloud.com/plan9reloaded/sets/podcast - direct pod link

http://plan9reloaded.com/site/ - main website

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 603 Old 06-15-2012, 05:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian View Post

Meh. I will challenge that. biggrin.gif

Looks like a wee baby center. tongue.gif

Hahah
Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

No subwoofer I've heard has been able to produce the bass I've experienced in the Corps!

Must..stop...buying...every bluray release...
post #453 of 603 Old 06-15-2012, 05:26 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by loopaddiction View Post

A truly awe-inspiring project, I plan to follow the same route when funds allow.
Really nice speakers too, i'm a big GR Research fan, they provide great bang-for-buck. I read that you sold your center channel...if you ever plan on getting another one, the LS Center built by Ruben of the Audiocircle forums would match beautifully:

The LS-C is the exact reason I sold my N3s.biggrin.gif

I've chatted with Ruben a few times. Once im ready he's got an LS-C with my name written all over it! cool.gif
post #454 of 603 Old 06-26-2012, 04:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 470
What up Edizzel,

How are the quad's treating you? Any measurements for our viewing pleasure? Did it clean up the output at the lower to moderate listening levels? Not that it was ever dirty, but does it give more of a sense of "effortlessness?"

Damn parts express for being out of stock until the end of July!!! mad.gif

post #455 of 603 Old 06-26-2012, 11:37 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

The quads are rocking baby! Sorry no measurements though. Unless you want me to post a screen shot of the SMS-1 graph?? I do plan on picking up an Omnimic sometime in the future though. But to answer your question, yes ever since the additional 2 subs came into the mix the bass was truly effortless. Now i can run the subs as hot as I want and not worry about a thing. It wasnt cheap, but im sure glad i went this route. smile.gif
post #456 of 603 Old 06-26-2012, 11:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edoggrc51 View Post

Quote:

A truly awe-inspiring project, I plan to follow the same route when funds allow.
Really nice speakers too, i'm a big GR Research fan, they provide great bang-for-buck. I read that you sold your center channel...if you ever plan on getting another one, the LS Center built by Ruben of the Audiocircle forums would match beautifully:

The LS-C is the exact reason I sold my N3s.biggrin.gif

I've chatted with Ruben a few times. Once im ready he's got an LS-C with my name written all over it! cool.gif
that looks awesome!

No subwoofer I've heard has been able to produce the bass I've experienced in the Corps!

post #457 of 603 Old 06-26-2012, 12:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

The quads are rocking baby! Sorry no measurements though. Unless you want me to post a screen shot of the SMS-1 graph?? I do plan on picking up an Omnimic sometime in the future though. But to answer your question, yes ever since the additional 2 subs came into the mix the bass was truly effortless. Now i can run the subs as hot as I want and not worry about a thing. It wasnt cheap, but im sure glad i went this route. smile.gif

Pound your chest homey... Epic.

I’ve heard good things about Omnimic. I attempted REW a few weeks back, but man… I just didn’t have the patience. Too many components, connections, sound card, blah blah blah, etc… to worry about. I threw my hands up and just returned everything. I would have been able to figure it out eventually, but the time investment would have done nothing short of piss the wifey off… Wasn’t worth it.

Next time I'm out in LA (if you’re down) I'll have to make a trip out to your spot to check it out.

I have a general contractor at my place as we speak upgrading the electrical in the HT to accommodate the Clone. Too bad parts express isn't going to be able to come through with a few LMS's until like August, but I should hopefully have everything ready to drop them in place as soon as they hit my door step! I'm thinking about posting up my own little build out thread showing the most recent renovations to my space... but we'll see...

How large is your space again? My dedicated space is less than 1,400 cubic feet, so I’m hoping that I won't want another pair of Ultra’s a few months after I get my first pair up and running. Let’s hope so for my relationship’s sake.

post #458 of 603 Old 06-26-2012, 01:20 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by popalock View Post

Pound your chest homey... Epic.
I’ve heard good things about Omnimic. I attempted REW a few weeks back, but man… I just didn’t have the patience. Too many components, connections, sound card, blah blah blah, etc… to worry about. I threw my hands up and just returned everything. I would have been able to figure it out eventually, but the time investment would have done nothing short of piss the wifey off… Wasn’t worth it.
Next time I'm out in LA (if you’re down) I'll have to make a trip out to your spot to check it out.
I have a general contractor at my place as we speak upgrading the electrical in the HT to accommodate the Clone. Too bad parts express isn't going to be able to come through with a few LMS's until like August, but I should hopefully have everything ready to drop them in place as soon as they hit my door step! I'm thinking about posting up my own little build out thread showing the most recent renovations to my space... but we'll see...
How large is your space again? My dedicated space is less than 1,400 cubic feet, so I’m hoping that I won't want another pair of Ultra’s a few months after I get my first pair up and running. Let’s hope so for my relationship’s sake.

I feel ya on that REW thing bro. I felt the same way. I did actually have an Omnimic a while back, but the USB connector broke so i sent it back. It was SUPER EASY to use though, took a whole 10mins to get the hang of it. Let me know next time your in LA and we'll set something up. I have a member who's in from out of state stopping by thursday for a DEMO, and I had a local member over this last Saturday as well. So yeah, the subs are getting broken-in just right! biggrin.gif

Oh almost forgot, my room is about 14x24 with high ceilings and opens up to another space at least that same size, not to mention the upstairs as well.
post #459 of 603 Old 06-26-2012, 01:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 507
Quote:

For your relationship's sake, start laying the groundwork now. I just broke up with mine for 4 months then asked her back once I loaded the basement full. haha j/k, those two situations had nothing to do with each other. All is good in the world though biggrin.gif

(European models do not accept banana plugs.)

"If you done it, it ain't bragging." ~ Walt Whitman

AE TD12x SEOS12 Build

Beast's DIY Master Measurement Thread

DIY Emminence Coaxial Surround Thread

post #460 of 603 Old 06-26-2012, 02:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Just tell her" At least I'm not cutting big holes in the floor like that jerk from Oregon!".
post #461 of 603 Old 06-26-2012, 05:50 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keager View Post

Just tell her" At least I'm not cutting big holes in the floor like that jerk from Oregon!".
HAHA!! Now thats one line im definitely gonna have to save for use at a later date! biggrin.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokekevin View Post

that looks awesome!
Speaking of centers, I scored a Carnegie Acoustics CSC-1. Its basically a production version of my last center (GR Research N3S) which i absolutely loved. This one has all the goodies installed too, Sonicap capacitors bypassed with Sonicap Platinum on the tweeter circuits and Sonicap Gen II on the woofer circuits. Its not the LS-C im looking to get, but I got a good local deal so it'll do for now. wink.gif
65525df8.jpg

608e60ac.jpg

Teaser: Picking up a 125lb pound beast tomorrow. Will post pics then. cool.gif
post #462 of 603 Old 06-26-2012, 06:25 PM

Liked: 17
Quote:

Speaking of centers, I scored a Carnegie Acoustics CSC-1. Its basically a production version of my last center (GR Research N3S) which i absolutely loved. This one has all the goodies installed too, Sonicap capacitors bypassed with Sonicap Platinum on the tweeter circuits and Sonicap Gen II on the woofer circuits. Its not the LS-C im looking to get, but I got a good local deal so it'll do for now. wink.gif

Heh, i've been eyeing that center + the N3X rendition of the towers that guy was selling, a very good price indeed for high quality speakers in piano black finish. If I didn't already go the Philharmonic/Salk route, I would of probably went for those Carnegie Acoustics speakers (or possibly Ascend.)

Is that a PF60 lying in that cabinet space? You got a knack for good audio gear that's affordable
post #463 of 603 Old 06-26-2012, 06:34 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Is that a PF60 lying in that cabinet space? You got a knack for good audio gear that's affordable

Good eye! cool.gif
post #464 of 603 Old 06-27-2012, 05:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Quote:

Good eye! cool.gif

I need some protection for my equipment as well, the PF60 looks right up my alley for the bulk of my components. However, my PJ and Clone are going to be run off of their own independent wall socket. What would you suggest for a surge suppression/power conditioning application for each? I'm going to have to get at least three surge protectors, but the PF60 seems a bit overkill for one one component.

post #465 of 603 Old 06-27-2012, 05:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I feel ya on that REW thing bro. I felt the same way. I did actually have an Omnimic a while back, but the USB connector broke so i sent it back. It was SUPER EASY to use though, took a whole 10mins to get the hang of it. Let me know next time your in LA and we'll set something up. I have a member who's in from out of state stopping by thursday for a DEMO, and I had a local member over this last Saturday as well. So yeah, the subs are getting broken-in just right! biggrin.gif
Oh almost forgot, my room is about 14x24 with high ceilings and opens up to another space at least that same size, not to mention the upstairs as well.

Ominmic sounds like a winner for sure.

I wonder how many people you have single handedly converted to follow the LMS route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post

For your relationship's sake, start laying the groundwork now. I just broke up with mine for 4 months then asked her back once I loaded the basement full. haha j/k, those two situations had nothing to do with each other. All is good in the world though biggrin.gif

Ha, not happening. She just let me drop an additional $9K on the space. No way in hell I'll be able to get approval for another $3K for another pair of Ultra's and everthing else needed to set them up. Plus, I simply do not have the space.

I like your style though beast. Kick her to the curb to distract her from all of the equipment purchases. While her watching you spend money hurts, kicking her out diverts her attention. Sounds like a technique made popular by Major Payne.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keager View Post

True true. You're right, she doesn't know how lucky she is!

Man, I would love to give your completed system a listen because I've never heard an IB setup. It would be so awesome to give Edogg's setup a listen, and then fly up to Oregon to demo your setup. When we build our custom home in Phoenix, I plan on doing a lot more because I'm going to be afforded the opportunity of starting from the ground up. I LOVE sealed applications, but if an IB setup could me more satisfaction I would like to build the space to accommodate for a ceiling application.

post #466 of 603 Old 06-27-2012, 09:50 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I need some protection for my equipment as well, the PF60 looks right up my alley for the bulk of my components. However, my PJ and Clone are going to be run off of their own independent wall socket. What would you suggest for a surge suppression/power conditioning application for each? I'm going to have to get at least three surge protectors, but the PF60 seems a bit overkill for one one component.
I use the PF60 for the 4311, SMS-1 and the bluray player. The amp i plug directly into the wall. The clone amps and PJ are in the back of the room and those 3 are plugged straight into outlets as well. Been running them like that for a while now and no problemas. smile.gif
Quote:

Ominmic sounds like a winner for sure.
I wonder how many people you have single handedly converted to follow the LMS route.
I cant take all the credit here boss. Defintely got say that guy's like healthnut & Notyt inspired me to do this project. One thing I didnt really expect out of all this is having so many DEMO requests. lol I have 2 this week for AVS members and 1 next week for an Audioholic member. smile.gif
post #467 of 603 Old 06-28-2012, 12:15 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

This is the heavy pig I picked up today. Now all the channels have ample amounts of power. cool.gif

82fcc6ea.jpg
post #468 of 603 Old 06-28-2012, 12:16 AM
Bass Enabler

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 619
Nnniiiiiiccceee!!! biggrin.gif

My Dual 18" LLT subs 120dB down to 10hz

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

https://soundcloud.com/plan9reloaded/sets/podcast - direct pod link

http://plan9reloaded.com/site/ - main website

post #469 of 603 Old 06-28-2012, 01:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Dayum! That should fill up some if that empty space in your rack.

post #470 of 603 Old 06-28-2012, 05:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Crap, that is pretty darn sweet! This makes keeping up with the Jonses, quite difficult.
post #471 of 603 Old 06-28-2012, 02:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 30
Damn! Lot goings ons here. I stepped away for a few weeks to take a break but you are cruisin. Looking great!
post #472 of 603 Old 06-28-2012, 02:47 PM
AVS Special Member

how do you like it compared to your emotivas?

post #473 of 603 Old 06-28-2012, 03:25 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian View Post

Nnniiiiiiccceee!!! biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Quote:

Dayum! That should fill up some if that empty space in your rack.
Heck yeah it will! This thing is HUUUUGE!! I had to remove the handles to that it fits in my stand. lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by duc135 View Post

Crap, that is pretty darn sweet! This makes keeping up with the Jonses, quite difficult.
Thanks my fellow LMS brother! smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerOmaha View Post

Damn! Lot goings ons here. I stepped away for a few weeks to take a break but you are cruisin. Looking great!
Thanks mang! Hopefully you'll have your rig up and running soon brotha! smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokekevin View Post

how do you like it compared to your emotivas?

For music the XPA-1's were cleary better, IMO. But for HT I honestly cant tell a difference, and since I rarely do any kind of critical listening going back to the GRANDE was a not only cheaper but also a no brainer for me. smile.gif
post #474 of 603 Old 06-28-2012, 04:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 240
LOL Eric, the Earthquake found it's way back home! Now I gotta get you to try out some Class D goodness!!

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

post #475 of 603 Old 06-28-2012, 05:12 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG View Post

LOL Eric, the Earthquake found it's way back home! Now I gotta get you to try out some Class D goodness!!
There ya go again spending other people's monies! biggrin.gif
post #476 of 603 Old 06-28-2012, 05:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 240
HA! I think you do a good enough job on your own! Man At least it's nice to know theres more of us that buy and change out things constantly for fun!

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

post #477 of 603 Old 06-28-2012, 05:32 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG View Post

HA! I think you do a good enough job on your own! Man At least it's nice to know theres more of us that buy and change out things constantly for fun!

Seriously bro! biggrin.gif
post #478 of 603 Old 07-02-2012, 09:31 AM

Liked: 12
Eric,

Thank you again for letting me come over and check out your setup. Subs sound/feel smile.gif awesome. Along with the rest of your setup. The towers are killer. I see 2 LMS's in my near future.
post #479 of 603 Old 07-02-2012, 10:00 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2fast4u View Post

Eric,
Thank you again for letting me come over and check out your setup. Subs sound/feel smile.gif awesome. Along with the rest of your setup. The towers are killer. I see 2 LMS's in my near future.

No problem bro. Thanks for making the trip out here. Good luck with the LMS build. smile.gif
post #480 of 603 Old 07-02-2012, 05:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Check out my dream design.

I showed my wife this yesterday and she was not amused...

LMSUltraWall.jpg

One can dream...

At this rate it would take 4 years just to get the subs from Parts Express... I'm only getting two in the near term, but MAN does it suck having approval to buy only for the only supplier to be out of stock for a another full month... Ridiculous...

Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page