Dayton emm6 calibration problem - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-12-2012, 10:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So I bought the dayton emm6 mic for measurement, connected to M-Audio FireWire solo connected via firewire to my win7 htpc running REW and minidsp and all was well when I got the connections working but after calibrating the sound card it seems I have a 20db notch at 50hz which I don't believe is really there. I think I would be able to hear and see that kind of hole during a sweep. Is it possible it's the mic? I know people were sending back their omnimic sets and this uses the same mic ( I believe). It has a 4 digit numerical calibration code. So after hours of fiddling, I balanced the 3 sub amp levels in minidsp and let the receiver do its calibration like Audessy. Harman calls it EZ setEQ and it works pretty good.

Any recommendations?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-12-2012, 02:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 23
The Omnimic mic is completely different from the EMM6. You use the 4 digit serial number on the EMM6 to download the calibration file from P-E for you specific mic. You'll then need to tell REW to use the cal file for the mic.

50Hz has a full wavelenght of 22.5'. It wouldn't be hard to find yourself in a 1/4 or 1/2 wave null in a typical residential setting.

-Brent
Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page