A moment of silence for my man Kryptonitewhite! - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 120 Old 05-01-2012, 04:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I found one of his threads by chance the other night then got to then end and read what happened. Truly saddened by the whole thing. Is there anyway to donate to the family?
momtokryptonite likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 120 Old 05-01-2012, 05:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Ah man... I am going to miss his video's of the ceiling fan being shaken loose from the IB array.

From PM's with him:

Originally Posted by kryptonitewhite
nope not staying in audio, right now looking to sell the subs and amp as a package deal

That sucks Kryton... Wish you would hang around. Always got a kick out of the ceiling fan bouncing around.

take care,

Mark

This is the truly sad part in retrospective:

I'll keep ya in mind and thanks for the kind words Mark!

I don't know if that was premonition but man...

An audiophile likes to talk about how much they spent and how good it sounds.

A DIY'er likes to talk about how little they spent and how good it sounds.

post #93 of 120 Old 05-01-2012, 05:34 PM
FOH
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 213
I wish I could share some of the PM's we shared. Some of the PM's, as was his style, were deeply personal.

He's missed.

------------------------------------
Flat, Deep, Clean, Linear, and Loud
------------------------------------
Active 16.8kw, 7.3 system
(3)Seaton Cat12C up front, (4)QSC K8 sides/rears
(2)Seaton SubM-HP, (4)18" IB
post #94 of 120 Old 05-02-2012, 08:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just use this as an reminder, you are NOT the most important person in your life. The people (kids) that depend upon you , are more inmportant.

Don't think for one second, that the people that look up to you would be better off without you...

The easy way out is to end your pain, but what's worse, one persons pain, or 10?

You cannot fathom the pain from the ones left behind, so quit being selfish and deal..

My first DIY project. A dual, dual opposed setup

www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1345494
post #95 of 120 Old 05-02-2012, 10:43 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiophile34 View Post

Just use this as an reminder, you are NOT the most important person in your life. The people (kids) that depend upon you , are more inmportant.

Don't think for one second, that the people that look up to you would be better off without you...

The easy way out is to end your pain, but what's worse, one persons pain, or 10?

You cannot fathom the pain from the ones left behind, so quit being selfish and deal..

I don't want to turn this into a debate. Not the place for it. But having been to as dark a place I know what it can do to you. And any time you are dealing with a seriously depressed person there is a level of psychosis. Your brain chemistry goes nuts and rational thought goes right out the window. Sure for us who are not in that head space your argument is rational. For him perhaps he thought those who loved him would have suffered less and been better off with him gone. Just something to think about. A person who kills themselves is not in a state of mind where logic reigns supreme and we all could stand to be more empathetic to understand why such devastating acts like this happen. Empathy goes a long way. More so then judgement or condemnation ever will.

I get where you are coming from. I've just lived on both sides. And again not trying to stir up controversy or start a debate. I just want people to really open their minds to the thought that this kind of pain doesn't make you do smart or responsible things.

And for kryptos memory I hope we all are compassionate and respectful as we continue to live on and try to understand and empathize.

Food for thought. And I sincerely wish everyone the best.

Matt
mtbdudex likes this.

"The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live." - George Carlin
post #96 of 120 Old 05-03-2012, 01:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_Vai_rules View Post

I don't want to turn this into a debate. Not the place for it. But having been to as dark a place I know what it can do to you. And any time you are dealing with a seriously depressed person there is a level of psychosis. Your brain chemistry goes nuts and rational thought goes right out the window. Sure for us who are not in that head space your argument is rational. For him perhaps he thought those who loved him would have suffered less and been better off with him gone. Just something to think about. A person who kills themselves is not in a state of mind where logic reigns supreme and we all could stand to be more empathetic to understand why such devastating acts like this happen. Empathy goes a long way. More so then judgement or condemnation ever will.

I get where you are coming from. I've just lived on both sides. And again not trying to stir up controversy or start a debate. I just want people to really open their minds to the thought that this kind of pain doesn't make you do smart or responsible things.

And for kryptos memory I hope we all are compassionate and respectful as we continue to live on and try to understand and empathize.

Matt

I agree 100%. Until you've been on both sides than all I will say is its easier said than done.

No subwoofer I've heard has been able to produce the bass I've experienced in the Corps!

Must..stop...buying...every bluray release...
post #97 of 120 Old 05-03-2012, 02:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_Vai_rules View Post

Matt

Wow Matt, well put. Many time i dont read both sides of view in one reply, you have really said it the way it is. You acknowledged one side and replied with your thoughts... Thinking about all the solutions i have used in my life , Krypto was in a dark place, i'm sure the things keeping him company there were'nt rational thinking and reason. Probably why we feel helpless, any one of us would have kicked all their ass's out in a minute !!!!

So long again audio friend.
post #98 of 120 Old 05-03-2012, 10:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Extremely well put! Thats all that needs to be said if one has the ability to empathize then they understood everything you wrote as well.
post #99 of 120 Old 05-03-2012, 10:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
I think you are all missing the point. He was bi polar and it was an illness he suffered for a long time so there is no need to go down the road off someone taking the easy way out. Just to put things straight. I spoke to his mum on facebook and confirmed this.
post #100 of 120 Old 05-03-2012, 10:59 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gperkins1973 View Post

I think you are all missing the point. He was bi polar and it was an illness he suffered for a long time so there is no need to go down the road off someone taking the easy way out. Just to put things straight. I spoke to his mum on facebook and confirmed this.

And with bipolar disorder comes the potential for depressive episodes and neurochemical imbalances leading to psychosis or irrational or reactionary behaviour. It's a terrible disease. And not always easily managed even with potent medication. I figured he was bipolar or similar due to the manic nature of his posts.

Depression usually isn't a disease unto itself but a symptom of a larger problem. In this case Jordan's depression was magnified (who knows by how much) to the point where he felt utterly hopeless.

Either way. I don't need to be all clinical and analytical. He was our friend and brother. And regardless of what drove him to do what he did him being gone will have a tragic and profound effect on everyone who knew him. Also whatever those demons he had we should continue to cherish his memory, learn from his mistakes, and love those around us even more. If there is one good thing in all this I see a group of guys brought together by this tragedy. Rarely do we share such a frank discussion filled with pain and suffering without resorting to childish antics (I too can be blamed for this) and in fighting. His death has brought us all closer together. And for Jordan to do something to bring us all together that is special.

Anyways. Just waxing poetic and trying to share my thoughts on the subject without (for a change) stirring things up too much.

Peace brothers.

Matt

"The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live." - George Carlin
post #101 of 120 Old 05-03-2012, 07:04 PM

Liked: 14
Thanks Matt. Well said.
post #102 of 120 Old 05-03-2012, 08:05 PM
AVS Special Member

I'd share a beer with you any day Matt, i like how you put things.. KG
post #103 of 120 Old 05-03-2012, 10:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by gperkins1973 View Post

Have to strongly disagree. What Matt wrote made as much sense as one could make without it being written in a doctor's dictation.
post #104 of 120 Old 05-03-2012, 11:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Well written matt.
post #105 of 120 Old 05-04-2012, 12:01 PM
Advanced Member

Thanks guys.

Matt

post #106 of 120 Old 05-04-2012, 12:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 177
As soon as you begin to comprehend that depression can be (and many times is) a physical condition, you can begin to understand that some forms of it- not at all unlike like some cancers- are all but impossible to effectively treat- never mind cure. I thank my expert wife for teaching me a ton in that regard.

As for my personal thought: I'm going to try to use this tragedy as a bit of a wake up call for me. While I never said anything particularly egregious, I will admit that I didn't take as kindly to many of the threads that seemed to reiterate the same ideas and thoughts over and over. Unfortunately, one of the hallmarks of someone suffering from REAL, serious BP.

Damn me for being so intolerant and aloof to feel such disdain for harmless threads that I could have easily passed over and spent my time elsewhere. Bit embarrassing, really.

So then, I guess I'd suggest that we ALL just try to be more tolerant, forgiving, and pliable around here.

The Golden Rule rules...like always.

Just gutted over this for his family and friends. My personal belief is that the pain- no matter its emanation, is gone.

James

Actual phone call (see pic to left):

Tech (responding to laughter): "I'm sorry sir, did I miss something?"

Me: "Yeah, a case of Diet Mountain Dew walking across my living room."

post #107 of 120 Old 01-18-2014, 11:11 AM

Feel free to share at any time....momofkryptonitewhite  :-)

post #108 of 120 Old 01-18-2014, 11:17 AM

I am sorry I am just responding to this post.  I just found this today.  I am Jordan's mom.

Jordan had a lot of issues in life.  Most of this started in his teens years.  His audio and his kids (when he felt he had the right to see them) was the most important in his life.  We knew that at some point Jordan would commit suicide.  He knew this also.  We all did what we could to help him...however, his reach out to Drs was the final straw.  Nobody could save him from there.  He is now at peace.  The most peace he had felt in over 15 years.  :-)

post #109 of 120 Old 01-18-2014, 11:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 142
I pray all is well with you and those left behind. Even though we never met I think about Jordan.

Current Gear: PJ – BenQ PE7700; Receiver - Onkyo TX-SR805; Blu Ray - OppoBDP 103; Turntable - Dual CS-515 w/ Ortofon Super OM10; Amplifiers - OdysseyKhartago, Adcom GFA555, QSC RMX 1850HD; PEQ - Behringer FBD2496 [Near FieldSub], miniDSP 2×4 [Flanking Subs], REW; Speakers - 4 Pi (w/B&C DE250/JBL2226H) × 3 [LCR], Yamaha Crap × 2 [surrounds], Exodus Audio Maelstrom-X18" sealed sub [near field sub], LAB-12 based ported sub tuned to 22 Hz x2 [flanking subs, XO set at 40 Hz]
post #110 of 120 Old 01-18-2014, 11:44 AM

This post is awesome.  Every time there is a storm, his niece and sister know it is Jordan saying "Hi" to them.

post #111 of 120 Old 01-18-2014, 11:49 AM

For anyone still wanting to donate.  I have finally paid off the funeral a couple of months ago.  I have a few hundred to buy a headstone.  Anyone wanting to donate in his memory can email me at chatterboxsd@hotmail.com  The reason that I have not purchased the headstone for Jordan yet is that friends and family have been donating for it as their last contribution so it means something more than to let a person know where he is lain.  I am also trying to get the right engraving.  I want a speaker box or something of the sort.  Any ideas for you artists out there?

post #112 of 120 Old 01-18-2014, 11:51 AM

We are seeing this today.  The 2nd Anniversary of Jordan's death.  Thank you.

post #113 of 120 Old 01-18-2014, 12:34 PM

Liked: 20
Having just gotten into DIY, I missed Jordan's posts. My condolences. Is this his headstone?

http://southdakotagravestones.org/view.php?id=187713

My theater: Escape from New York theater build

My Gear:
Fusion 12 Tempests (LCR)
Mach 5 UXL 18 - Sealed Subwoofer
Axiom M3v4 & M2v4 Surrounds
Onkyo TX-NR818
post #114 of 120 Old 01-18-2014, 12:51 PM

No, that is a memorial until we design his headstone.  :-)

post #115 of 120 Old 01-18-2014, 05:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Jordan's love of audio, especially bass, is STILL spoken about. Over at Audioholics someone was talking awestruck about his setup just literally a few days ago. They couldn't quite place his name so I let them know.

You certainly have every ones condolences. I always looked forward to being able to chat with him as he always elicited a chuckle or eyes:eek: bugging out of my head no sh!t moment.

An audiophile likes to talk about how much they spent and how good it sounds.

A DIY'er likes to talk about how little they spent and how good it sounds.

post #116 of 120 Old 01-19-2014, 01:31 AM

Jordan was headstrong to the point that he was going to do (prove) what others said could not be done.  He surely pushed the limits.  I think it is people like him that lead to extraordinary inventions in life.

post #117 of 120 Old 01-19-2014, 08:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Rip KW. Condolences to his family. I would get such a kick out of his threads. Infinite baffle and llt subwoofers all day long.

Denon 4311ci with Mini DSP and antimodeL/R -DIYSOUND tempest towers (40" tall towers)C - DIYSOUND alchemy 8LS/RS - community D6MACHTSUB SYSTEM2-Stereo Integrity HST-18 D1 subs (happy dance) in dual 12 cuft ported tuned 16hzSub amp- Speakerpower SP2-12000
post #118 of 120 Old 01-21-2014, 10:39 AM
AVS Special Member

My brother took his life two months ago. His depression didnt allow him to see how to solve his problems as you and i would have.

The expression "perception is reality" cant discribe this situation any better. What may seem trivial to you and i, is insurmountable to them.

If you guys know of anyone in a battle of their life, do all you can to get them in for an evaluation and walk them through if you can.

RIP all those souls............
NWCgrad and momtokryptonite like this.
post #119 of 120 Old 01-21-2014, 12:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 55
I've only just seen this thread - my sympathies go out to anyone suffering personally or indirectly from severe depression. May we all get through the tough times.
post #120 of 120 Old 01-22-2014, 08:40 PM

Liked: 14
Sorry to hear that KGveteran. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page