Well i moved into my new house back in August. been using a Tempest-X in ~5cuFT enclosure and its done just fine. But its also very directional (sits to the right of the couch and can definitely tell the "bass" is coming from there.
So the builder in me has me wanting to build new boxes and use two subs and have them be up front next to the tv. Basically in a configuration like the picture. The center portion is where the tv stand would go with all the "equipment" as well.
pardon the sketchup...not my strong suit but should give you an idea. As you can tel the boxes for the subs would be a bit odd shaped. But I can get ~3cu ft boxes after accounting for bracing and driver displacement. (so boxes would be ~3.5 before bracing/driver) Could go slightly bigger and make the tv stand a bit smaller or go smaller too. The depth is 24" just for reference.
1) Two Approx 3cu ft boxes
2) Want to go sealed this time (tempest-x is ported)
3) Listening is 50% HT/50% music
4) Have an EP4000 to power both. Also have a EQ2 currently serving as a HPF (but will eventually get a minidsp)
5) budget wise i'd liek to keep it under 500 bucks for both drivers
6) As for the tempest-x, not sure what ill do with it as of yet. If i could find another i'd just use it for the two boxes but o well. Possibly sell it or i might hold on it, we will see.
As for me, I'd like to go as low as possible but getting 5hz isnt a requirement or anything. Also i tend to not crank the sub up super loud or anything. Definitely like it more in moderation than going for maximum spl.
I did some modeling and looked at some drivers but im not really sure what all i should be looking for. The LMSR-12's seem like they would do just fine but are a bit out of my price range. As does a few of the daytons. Really just about everything looks like it would do ok but i dont totally understand all the numbers by any means.
Thank you in advance!