Subwoofers #10 thru 17... 27000watts, second attempt - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 05-19-2012, 11:58 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
BassThatHz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: East side of NW Cascades
Posts: 3,260
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 375 Post(s)
Liked: 440
I couldn't do "Eagles - Hotel California" over youtube (the song I prefered), so I guess this song will just have to do as it's replacement...

I'll only have sub #9 done, this summer.

There is another 8 extra subwoofers on my queue but you can only see 4 of them in this vid, I won't be able to get to these extra 8 subwoofers until 2013. No mo moneys for now

BassThatHz is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 Old 05-20-2012, 09:52 AM
AVS Special Member
 
audiovideoholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Murray KY
Posts: 2,662
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Your vids are starting to bring back memories of KW!!!

So, are all of your sub projects going to be mobile units or are they going to fill up the room in the videos?
audiovideoholic is offline  
post #3 of 7 Old 05-20-2012, 10:08 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Warpdrv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 7,350
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Looks like fun - with all that woofage, how could your mains possibly keep up ?

At some point you have to reach the point where you level match and anything more is way overkill... Don't get me wrong - I'm all about overkill, time to look at new mains sometime down the road..?

Keep up the good work - KOOL !!!!
Warpdrv is offline  
post #4 of 7 Old 05-20-2012, 01:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
BassThatHz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: East side of NW Cascades
Posts: 3,260
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 375 Post(s)
Liked: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpdrv View Post

with all that woofage, how could your mains possibly keep up ?



Two reasons, first is that our ears are 70db-to-30db more sensitive to treble than bass.

The second reason is that those Rotel monoblocks output 1000watts each channel at 4ohm, and those are dedicated to the tweeters and midranges. My ears give up before either do


Quote:
Originally Posted by audiovideoholic View Post

Are they going to fill up the room in the videos?

Yes and No... but No.

Theorically... I could easily stack 22 subs behind the couch and another 12 along the side walls, and I could easily stack 12 subs behind and around those mains, without even impacting upon a walk space of 3 feet wide, and two 8 foot amp-racks to house the power. At that point the room would feel fairly claustrophobic, but technically it is do-able.

But I'm not going to go that far, nowhere even close, but never say never, right? hehe
BassThatHz is online now  
post #5 of 7 Old 05-20-2012, 05:13 PM
AVS Special Member
 
audiovideoholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Murray KY
Posts: 2,662
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassThatHz View Post







Yes and No... but No.

Theorically... I could easily stack 22 subs behind the couch and another 12 along the side walls, and I could easily stack 12 subs behind and around those mains, without even impacting upon a walk space of 3 feet wide, and two 8 foot amp-racks to house the power. At that point the room would feel fairly claustrophobic, but technically it is do-able.

But I'm not going to go that far, nowhere even close, but never say never, right? hehe

So, they are all for that room? I didnt know if some of them were for other uses, thats why I asked if any were mobile. Didnt literally mean FILL the room up to maximum volume of enclosures lol.
audiovideoholic is offline  
post #6 of 7 Old 05-20-2012, 08:27 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
BassThatHz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: East side of NW Cascades
Posts: 3,260
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 375 Post(s)
Liked: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiovideoholic View Post

So, they are all for that room? I didnt know if some of them were for other uses, thats why I asked if any were mobile. Didnt literally mean FILL the room up to maximum volume of enclosures lol.

Yep, all for the room.
Cars don't need that many subs... unless for 140db+
I don't spend enough time in my vehicle to make it worth the effort; and I barely have enough room for groceries and passengers as it is.
BassThatHz is online now  
post #7 of 7 Old 05-20-2012, 09:09 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jmcomp124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 3,600
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassThatHz View Post

I couldn't do "Eagles - Hotel California" over youtube (the song I prefered), so I guess this song will just have to do as it's replacement...

I'll only have sub #9 done, this summer.

There is another 8 extra subwoofers on my queue but you can only see 4 of them in this vid, I won't be able to get to these extra 8 subwoofers until 2013. No mo moneys for now


Very cool . If you have some time please read this from a little while ago. Short story "Diminshing returns". Enjoy
jmcomp124 is offline  
Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off