AVS Forum banner

A car speaker box... in a home theater setup?

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Jay1 
#1 ·
Looking around the house for things to "add" to my home theater setup. Found my old car speaker box in the basement and wondered... hmmm... is it possible... to turn this thing into a powered subwoofer of some sort? (For home theater application.)

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide... towards my ridiculous ponder.

See less See more
#3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennon_68 /forum/post/22086245

It's very likely not going to end up being worth the effort but it depends entirely on what drivers are in there

I don't know what drivers are in there. All I recall is that they were MTX subs/woofers of some kind- and I think it might have been an entire setup from MTX (not sure though).

If I get some time tomorrow after work, I'll look closer to see if there is anything I can see to determine what it all is.

And I definitely wouldn't be willing to spend a great deal of time to "convert" something like this to a powered sub if it would take a noob (like myself) forever-and-a-day to do it. Just thought about the idea... since I have absolutely no other use for the beast.

Thanks for your response!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.