Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 06-11-2012, 10:41 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Saw this on Slickdeals.
http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/75422/sears.com-50-craftsman-pushlock-12gauge-power-cord-19-6pc-craftsman-router-bit-set-9-or-less-craftsman-aluminum-slide-locking-utility-knife-set\

$40 router bit set for $9. Not the most useful bits for speaker building, but maybe for some other projects.
lowpolyjoe likes this.

YID DIY
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-11-2012, 11:14 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Gread deal - thanks for posting. Has 2 straight cuts and flush trim, which are useful. I thought it had a roundover too but they're saying 'beading', which seems to be slightly different and from the looks of it always gives the shelf/step at the edge of the roundover.

My local sears is out of stock, but i would definitely pick one up if it was available. Never hurts to have an extra 1/4" straight cut bit on hand smile.gif

Maybe i haven't had enough coffee today, but I had a problem following the slickdeals directions initially. It says "click on the Departments dropdown"... which i did a few times and could not find the "Tools (#offers)" link. Turns out there are two "Departments" dropdowns and the directions are talking about the one more inset into the page that is prefixed wth "Go to". The top level "Departments" dropdown doesn't show the same list and you can't get to the deal from there. Maybe i'll help a few people save some head scratching...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 5 Old 06-11-2012, 06:52 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I picked up two of these sets a week ago when they were on sale. They look pretty good and for the price I couldn't pass them up. I basically wanted them as extras in case I needed them.
post #4 of 5 Old 06-12-2012, 01:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowpolyjoe View Post

Gread deal - thanks for posting. Has 2 straight cuts and flush trim, which are useful. I thought it had a roundover too but they're saying 'beading', which seems to be slightly different and from the looks of it always gives the shelf/step at the edge of the roundover.

The bit is most probably identical to a 3/8" round-over bit although it has a smaller bearing installed.

Usually a 1/2" bearing on such a bit is tangent to the profile and yields a round-over; using a 3/8" bearing gets you a bead with a 1/16" step.
post #5 of 5 Old 06-12-2012, 02:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Eckhardt View Post

The bit is most probably identical to a 3/8" round-over bit although it has a smaller bearing installed.
Usually a 1/2" bearing on such a bit is tangent to the profile and yields a round-over; using a 3/8" bearing gets you a bead with a 1/16" step.

Good to know, thanks Drew. Wonder if you could coax roundover functionality out of that bit by bulking up the bearing with a bunch of layers of tape or something tongue.gif

I suppose if you have another bearing laying around you could swap it out and not be so ghetto, but what fun would that be smile.gif

Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page