Monitor Stand Build Review - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 06-28-2012, 08:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just ordered a pair of Adam A7x and they are scheduled to arrive today. I want to build a nice set of stands to put them on this upcoming weekend. I am looking to spend no more than $50-75 for the pair which will include any costs for the stands and isolation pads.

I have a whole bunch of 2.375" OD PVC pipe that I was planning to use to provide the height. I am thinking of 4 pipes per stand, 3 filled with concrete, one to hide the powder cables (can I run the signal cable through there too or will I be risking too much interference?). The base and top of the pipes will be screwed to 2 layers of 3/4" maple plywood. The stands will be on a hard surface so I am thinking of using some erasers as feet. The top will be one continuous sheet of plywood with the top layer hollowed out to allow for the isolation pads. I am thinking of using one of those 2x2 foam flooring tiles with a 1/4" steel plate on top of it. Add some non-slip pads and the monitors will be placed on top, tweeter height of about 45-46". They should be around 48lbs each when completed.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page