Couple of questions (15" for small sealed, and some more) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-09-2012, 10:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey

I have a couple of questions im hoping someone can take the time to answer...

1) I recently damaged my Soundsplinter RLP-15" which I had in a small sealed cabinet. I had it very close to the LP just to give me a little extra.. So Im looking for another decent driver I can put in the same cabinet. The cabinet is around 60 litres (net). Im not updated on drivers anymore.. One more AV15H would be nice, but It seems they still don't sell it.. I've also been looking on the 15" LMS from TC Sounds.. Any other suggestions ? I will have ~1000watt available for the driver.

2) I do have a P1152 from AE Speakers. It was a pain in the ass to assemble the 18" radiators on the side (There are 2). They never fit well, even though everything was pre-assembled. Anyway: I just noticed they aren't tight enough (They leak air on the sides). So im wondering how this affects the subwoofer/FR etc? (I will take both out and put on some silicone so that they will never leak again).

3) Do Danley Sound Labs still sell the DTS10 DIY kits? (I've sent them a mail, but haven't gotten an answer yet). If not, is it possible to buy any other decent horn subwoofers that are flat-packed ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-09-2012, 02:52 PM
Bass Enabler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 638
The DTS-10 kit was discontinued. If you want one, you'll have to find one for sale (I believe forum member Forin has one for sale right now) or buy one retail from Danley.

Considering what you've got, I'd go with the LMS-R 15.

My Dual 18" LLT subs 120dB down to 10hz

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

https://soundcloud.com/plan9reloaded/sets/podcast - direct pod link

http://plan9reloaded.com/site/ - main website

Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page