Designing enclosure to mate with these particular drivers. Questions? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-12-2012, 07:31 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 146
Hey guys.
I am new to the DIY world of speaker and subwoofer building, so please be gental. Right now I am working on a Treo12 sub that I plan on using in my ht. That is going fine, but, now that I have gotten to the point where I feel more confident in my woodworking skills, I would like to tackle building a pair of speakers. I want to use a RAAL tweeter but am undecided on the mids and woofers. I want this to be a 3 way active design. I have a few questions that I was hoping to get some help with.

1. How do I figure out what the enclosure dimensions need to be, as well as the driver spacing? Since I am going with a 3 way active design, can I just build a box that I like and mount the drivers to the front baffle, then using the digital DSP device (DCX-24/96) to get the drivers in the proper phase and time alignments?

2. How does time alignments between drivers work?
3. Are there any software programs to help with time aligning the drivers? Basically what I want to know is, once I pick out the drivers that I want to go with, how do I figure out what specs I need to build the cabinet to, and, how do I make the cabinet intergrate well with the drivers?

I would love to hear some of the responces that you vet DIY guys can offer up! I just want to also say thanks in advanced for this help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-14-2012, 03:45 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked: 921
best advice might be to order the loudspeaker cookbook, as that will provide much of the information that you are looking for, as the answers to your questions would require a post the length of a book!

http://www.amazon.com/Loudspeaker-Design-Cookbook-Vance-Dickason/dp/1882580478

Listen. It's All Good.
Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page