Building Front 3 HT Speakers - All Center(WMTW) or Towers(TMWW)???? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-16-2012, 08:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi All,

I have been out of the DIY speaker seen for a while. In 2006, I built a pair of Dayton RS Tower TMWW....very nice speakers that I am very happy with. I am now building a dedicated HT in our new house. It will be about 26' x 17' x 9' with a sound treatments. I will have a large scope AT screen that they front speakers will be behind...I will also be suplimenting these with a pair of 21" subs. I would like all 3 front speakers to be the same, however, I am not sure which design they should be. I am looking at either the Dayton RS WMTW center or another set of Dayton RS tower TMWW. Which design is better for front 3 in an HT for mostly movies? Since I have been out of the DIY scene for a while, if there are better designs out there now, I am open to recommendations.

Thanks for the help!

Ron
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-16-2012, 08:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 102
For a dedicated ht you should go with 3 vertical speakers if possible. Check out the SEOS projects at diysoundgroup.com, and pispeakers.com 3pi.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 3 Old 07-16-2012, 09:48 AM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 260 Post(s)
Liked: 606
4pi

http://audioroundtable.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=63366&&srch=basic+black#msg_63366

BigmouthinDC_4Pi_HomeTheater_28_MainsAndSubs.jpg

BigmouthinDC_4Pi_HomeTheater_01_Screen.jpg

I agree the Seos projects look promising. The 4pi plans are free for the asking from the designer.

PROJECTS:

Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page