Dual Rythmik build...a few questions. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-21-2012, 09:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey everyone.

I just posted this over at the shack. I am looking for a bit of help. Some pointers if you will. I am building two rythmik subs. One for me and one for my cousin. The FV15HP is for me, and the F15HP is for him. I have time to build the boxes now, and I will have money to buy the parts later... Questions

#1 Is the 15 5/16 listed as the countersink depth of the woofer a tight fit? I am trying to get a good fit but I want to avoid the sanding to make it larger later. I have only ever counter sunk mids and tweets. Is flush mounting a sub as picky as a tweeter?

#2 I can't get the DIY section of the Rythmik website to work. Could you share measurments on the amp and any pointers on how to do a slick counter sink job on that. I have never counter sunk a plate amp before.

I have moderate wood working experience and a garage full of tools.

Thanks in advance

I look forward to hearing of your experiences

Jono2channel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-22-2012, 11:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
There is a DIY area just for Rythmik subs on AVS do a search for Rythmik and it will come up. The amp cut out is 9 1/8w X 11 1/8H. The driver cut out is 14 1/16 with the recess being 15 7/16. The recess is normally made by adding a 1/2" to 3/4' board over the driver not by counter sinking like you would for a speaker. This is a fairly tight fit I think it about .030 clearance around the speaker. I'm not home so I can't measure it. If you put your future post on the Rythmik DIY area you'll get better responce. I have a DIY FV15 that is a clone of the Rythmik subs. I was just looking around and stumbled onto your post. Hope this helps.
Larry
Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page