post #1 of 10 Old 07-28-2012, 10:29 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Liked: 353
Scary!!! biggrin.gif

"If Bad Sound Were Fatal, Audio Would Be the Leading Cause of Death."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 07-28-2012, 01:52 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Unibox graphs of my system as follows:

MalX-21's

Dayton Pro 18's

LMS-18 Ultra

SDX-15's

at least, in theory rolleyes.gif

post #3 of 10 Old 07-28-2012, 03:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassThatHz View Post

Congratulations. We're all very happy for you... rolleyes.gif

Sorry, these threads are just getting old redface.gif

-
post #4 of 10 Old 07-28-2012, 04:30 PM
Bass Enabler

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 477 Post(s)
Liked: 812
Quote:

at least, in theory rolleyes.gif

Yeah....woah! Your Unibox specs are WWAAAAYYYYY off.

A single LMS-U is excursion limited output @ 20hz at about 114dB. Quad Dayton pro 18's are limited to 110dB @ 20hz. Dual SDX-15's are limited to 114dB @ 20hz. Dual Mal-X 21's are limited to 120dB @ 20hz.

Your figures are extremely generous and off by ~+6dB on every count. Lol, you have all your drivers listed with twice as much Xmax as they should. When entering Xmax data in Unibox, it assumes one-way excursion. If you hover your mouse of the Xmax listing it even tells you that. You'll be bottoming out drivers left and right if you were to trust any of these sims. tongue.gif

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

- direct pod link

- main website

post #5 of 10 Old 07-28-2012, 04:53 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Here are the 8 new subs I've been working on for 2013.

Is that "new" enough for ya? Are you un-bored yet? eek.gifeek.gifeek.gif
I didn't notice the new DIY rule that says, if you don't post a new sub system every week, you become completely unworthy and boring??? OR... first one to 32 subwoofers WINS!!! rolleyes.gif

FYI: I would still have this many subwoofers regardless of the existance of the internet ya know; this isn't a pissing contest. If you think THAT is what I'm about, you're wrong! I wasn't even going to post this, but whatever. cool.gif

post #6 of 10 Old 07-28-2012, 05:13 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian View Post

Yeah....woah! Your Unibox specs are WWAAAAYYYYY off.
A single LMS-U is excursion limited output @ 20hz at about 114dB. Quad Dayton pro 18's are limited to 110dB @ 20hz. Dual SDX-15's are limited to 114dB @ 20hz. Dual Mal-X 21's are limited to 120dB @ 20hz.
Your figures are extremely generous and off by ~+6dB on every count. Lol, you have all your drivers listed with twice as much Xmax as they should. When entering Xmax data in Unibox, it assumes one-way excursion. If you hover your mouse of the Xmax listing it even tells you that. You'll be bottoming out drivers left and right if you were to trust any of these sims. tongue.gif

I was wondering about that, it said peak, so I just guessed that it was total.
New graphs in these sealed boxes at max would be this then:

post #7 of 10 Old 07-28-2012, 06:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:

Is that "new" enough for ya? Are you un-bored yet? eek.gifeek.gifeek.gif

Quote:

I didn't notice the new DIY rule that says, if you don't post a new sub system every week, you become completely unworthy and boring??? OR... first one to 32 subwoofers WINS!!! rolleyes.gif
FYI: I would still have this many subwoofers regardless of the existance of the internet ya know; this isn't a pissing contest. If you think THAT is what I'm about, you're wrong! I wasn't even going to post this, but whatever. cool.gif

It's not really an issue of being bored just annoyed... You don't have to create a new thread every time you take a new video or make a small change to your system. Just create a thread on your system and make a new post in it. It's cleaner and easier for everyone. Plus it just screams "look at my system" when you post a new video of it, especially when you label it "music/movie playing on 1000 gigawatts" every time. I'm sure that's not your intention but that's how it comes across smile.gif

I know this isn't the first time this was brought up either, it's not as bad as it was back in May but I still felt the need to whine about it today for some reason tongue.gif
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1412334/fleetwood-mac-dreams-on-27000-watts

-
post #8 of 10 Old 07-28-2012, 07:32 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennon_68 View Post

It's not really an issue of being bored just annoyed... You don't have to create a new thread every time you take a new video or make a small change to your system. Just create a thread on your system and make a new post in it. It's cleaner and easier for everyone. Plus it just screams "look at my system" when you post a new video of it, especially when you label it "music/movie playing on 1000 gigawatts" every time. I'm sure that's not your intention but that's how it comes across smile.gif
I know this isn't the first time this was brought up either, it's not as bad as it was back in May but I still felt the need to whine about it today for some reason tongue.gif
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1412334/fleetwood-mac-dreams-on-27000-watts

I can't afford to go anywhere or do anything, I post mainly because I'm bored and broke, nothing good on TV and broke from buying all this nutty audio equipment. It's a vicious cycle tongue.gif
There are disadvantages of doing it that way as well, it would force the users to read 100 pages of dead links and deleted videos and old-irrevalent system configurations all the way back to 1876,
and it would still go to the top of the list like all threads do so you'd still be annoyed by seeing it appear now and then, perhaps more so because the title would never change and you'd never know what the new thing was about. So I don't see much difference in its annoyance-factor there.

AND, I would have to go find it each time, HOWEVER I'm the laziest person in existence... I'm as lazy as diamonds are hard. biggrin.gif

post #9 of 10 Old 07-28-2012, 10:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Keep posting BassthatHZ I like it....cool.gif

Mike

post #10 of 10 Old 07-29-2012, 04:48 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:

HOWEVER I'm the laziest person in existence... I'm as lazy as diamonds are hard. biggrin.gif

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif
Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page