SEOS-12 & AE TD12M (anyone?l) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 07-30-2012, 07:31 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Thought I'd start a thread on the SEOS-12's and Acoustic Elegance TD12M's as I know there were a few people thinking of building this combo. My understanding is that one of the designers Erich is working with may not be using the AE TD12M after all since they are concerned about availability. If this is the case I thought perhaps as a group we may be able to come up with designs for this pair. Initially I PM'd bwaslo and he was considering helping with the crossover if someone sent him a woofer. I don't know if he's still game or has time, but I'd be happy to once I receive mine.

Thoughts anyone?

Builds: Maelstrom 21 Ottoman Build, Dual Opposed MFW's x 2, Statements, SEOS-12/TD12M x 5. 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2012, 08:56 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Sounds like 3pi...I would go that route and be done with it. I suspect Wayne's new and improved waveguide will get incorporated into a revised design soon enough. Just my opinion...not knocking the SEOS effort or product.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 433 Post(s)
Liked: 734
Does anyone have a definite answer whether the TD12M will be available and how long the wait is? I did receive an email the first time I asked John a question, but haven't heard much sense. I know he's busy though. Another forum member sent an email asking as well but never heard back.

How long before you get your woofer?
Old 07-30-2012, 11:10 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erich H View Post

Does anyone have a definite answer whether the TD12M will be available and how long the wait is? I did receive an email the first time I asked John a question, but haven't heard much sense. I know he's busy though. Another forum member sent an email asking as well but never heard back.
How long before you get your woofer?

John was finishing-up the group buy that last I heard. I believe it was supposed to be last week or this week that he'd catch up, but I'm not positive. I was hoping to receive mine in the next week or two.

Builds: Maelstrom 21 Ottoman Build, Dual Opposed MFW's x 2, Statements, SEOS-12/TD12M x 5. 
Old 07-31-2012, 06:51 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobeer4don View Post

Sounds like 3pi...I would go that route and be done with it. I suspect Wayne's new and improved waveguide will get incorporated into a revised design soon enough. Just my opinion...not knocking the SEOS effort or product.

3PI uses the TD12S. The TD12M is not a drop in replacement. The xover will have to be modified.

I am building a TD12M / SEOS / CP380M design. Rick Craig is doing the crossover for me. Luckily I've had the TD12Ms for a couple years. I would also be hesitant to design a speaker around this driver. Who knows when or if they will ever become available. Hopefully I am wrong, but it seems like once it seems like they are days away, another catastrophic delay happens. I want to get one more to use in a center channel, but I am not too confident that I will ever be able to get another one.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:44 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Grits View Post

3PI uses the TD12S. The TD12M is not a drop in replacement. The xover will have to be modified.
I am building a TD12M / SEOS / CP380M design. Rick Craig is doing the crossover for me. Luckily I've had the TD12Ms for a couple years. I would also be hesitant to design a speaker around this driver. Who knows when or if they will ever become available. Hopefully I am wrong, but it seems like once it seems like they are days away, another catastrophic delay happens. I want to get one more to use in a center channel, but I am not too confident that I will ever be able to get another one.
If I don't receive anything within the first week of August I may go with one of Erich's flat packs, which is what I was originally hoping for. I need these to be finished by September 8th. However I can do something with the TD12M's if/when they eventually arrive. wink.gif

Well according to the last post here I may be in for a longer wait than expected, but I guess that's to be expected. We'll see.