Replacement tweeters for Infinity Primus 160 bookshelf speaker- factory parts no longer avail so I would like your opinions. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-16-2012, 02:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have been searching for over 6 months for factory tweeters. Infinity always tells me that they will be in within 30 days, however when the delivery date arrives they just tell me that they didnt show and give a new arrival date at the end of the next month. One guy finally admitted that they come from China and he says that delivery is extremely unreliable and does not know if they will ever show up.

I have decided at this time to go ahead and buy 5 matching tweeters so all of my surrounds have the same highs.

The factory infinity crossover is set at 3.3k for the 4ohm tweeter. One negative for the primus is the cutout for the factory tweeter is fairly small compared to aftermarket tweeter sizes. I have found this tweeter from Vifa http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=264-1028 that fits into the cutout.

Would this be an acceptable tweeter to replace the factory part using the factory crossover?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-24-2012, 02:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
honestly, i would just get a new set of speakers. the primus p163 is identical as far as the sound goes. the only difference is in the front plate which is gloss black.
Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page