Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 08-17-2012, 08:08 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 236 Post(s)
Liked: 610
Send a message via Skype™ to popalock
I'm still learning the ropes and I'll try to get spun up on modeling at some point in the near future. In the meantime, can anyone model this for me?

Based on the specs and modeling alone, what would you directly compare this too? I'm trying to see what compares from a price/performance standpoint. I haven't gotten a price on this yet, just in the research phase.

Let me know what you guys think, or better yet, if this sub looks familiar?

01.jpg

DSC_3133.jpg

W385CB_IMP.jpg

W385CB_SPL.jpg

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-18-2012, 12:42 AM
Bass Enabler

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 469 Post(s)
Liked: 810
Basic sims derived from .... all that. tongue.gif

popaFRsealed.gif

popaFRvented.gif

Me sllleeeepppyy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- direct pod link

- main website

post #3 of 5 Old 08-18-2012, 07:11 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian View Post

Basic sims derived from .... all that. tongue.gif
Me sllleeeepppyy

Thanks man. I'm going to have to invest some time into learning modeling software soon... Scott, I know you've done a lot of modeling, so when you say "basic sims" how would you compare it other subs you've seen? I mean, would it come close to comparing to the MFW 15" or the TC Axis 15"? Does anyone think it would be worth me dropping like $350 to run it through it's paces in my space?

post #4 of 5 Old 08-18-2012, 05:08 PM
Bass Enabler

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 469 Post(s)
Liked: 810
In this case, when I say 'basic sim' I guess I meant '1 minute sim'. Lol. I just picked an arbitrary power input, something that sounded reasonable. In this case, one half of a Behringer ep4000 and then modeled up two alignments that looked pleasing enough. I could spent more time and make a couple more fully optimized systems if needed.

Compared to...? This seems better than the MFW15 but ...you know I forgot, I didn't see an Xmax rating so I put it at 25mm, iirc. *shrugs* So depending on that... yeah, idk. This isn't really up to the Axis cuz that driver has a much lower Q and more powerful motor. Output wise, maybe similar.

Personally, I don't know enough about it to drop $350 on it. I wouldn't. I'd need to know more about it first. Do you want to? That's really the important question.

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

- direct pod link

- main website

post #5 of 5 Old 08-20-2012, 02:00 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian View Post

Personally, I don't know enough about it to drop $350 on it. I wouldn't. I'd need to know more about it first. Do you want to? That's really the important question.

I'm on the fence... I doubt I'll persue it at this point in time.

It seems like the more I learn about this hobby/industry the less I feel I know. For every one thing I learn, it opens up 10 other things I have to take into consideration and research to get the full picture. Kinda cool because I enjoy it, but kinda frustrating because I enjoy it (takes up more of my time than it should)...

Thanks again for hooking it up man.

Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page