First serious build-related post in the forum and looking for constructive criticism and a few answers to (probably silly) questions……
I’m looking to build a TH. I live in the UK so modestly priced subs with reasonable specs are hard to come by and having spent many an hour playing with different drivers and configurations in hornresp I have settled, I think, on the JBL GTO1014, or most likely 2 x JBL GTO1014’s! ---- or maybe 4 if the 1st TH turns out ok ;->
I have attached my hornresp model and would be very grateful if someone could check that I haven’t made any silly errors with parameters etc. I am not quite sure I follow what values I should enter in “Eg” to check max displacement etc given my configuration to 2 x 4Ohm drivers in parallel (do I put, say, “300” and “2” in the box to give an Eg of 24.49??)
Anyway, maybe I should just list what I think
I have done and then you can all correct me !!!
What I think
I have modelled is:
- 2 x JBL GTO1014 TH wired in parallel
- representing a 2Ohm load (to be run off of 1 channel of an EP4000)
- pretty flat from low corner of 23Hz to 70Hz
- big spike to EQ at 80Hz and back down @100Hz mark
- 213 litre horn (about 7.6 sq ft)
- 95dB @ 2.83 in halfspace
- ~125dB corner loaded with eg of 24.49 (xmax under 12.5)
- Is this correct / any good (will I go deaf
) and what have I missed?!
- If I build another and then wire together for a 4Ohm load for the EP4000 that would work ok wouldn’t it and yield comparable results?
- any recommendations for a cheap EQ to deal with the 80Hz peak and also the sub 23Hz and over 100Hz? Is the miniDSP what I need for this?
I’m not going to start (try) folding until I know it’s worth doing!!
Thanks in advance!
1014jblx.txt 0k .txt file