AVS Forum banner

Subwoofer front of box loose, rattling - PSW505

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Jay1 
#1 ·
Hi all, i have a PSW505, got it scratch and dent, and it has no front faceplate and the piece of wood that is on the front is loose on top (see pictures). when it hits hard it smacks the wood behind/ around it and rattles really bad. If i hold it in, i can blast it and i was even playing with it earlier and my upstairs neighbors came down and said apparently the entire building shook! (i was very impressed with what it can do).

Was just wondering what the best course of action would be.. fill the gap with silicon? try to screw it in in a few places? (wouldn't be great aesthetically), other ideas?

Much appreciated!

Fred

See less See more
#3 ·
I agree I think it's aesthetic too, I took the back plate off but theres so many panels inside you can't get to the front.

Is there any special type of silicon? my roomate suggested rubberized or...? I just don't want it to hit anything hard if it wiggles its way more loose and start rattling again.

#6 ·
Polyurethane glues expand as they cure, like spray foam insulation just at a much slower rate. If its wood to wood contact just use regular wood glue and a couple clamps. Or if you need to bond wood to plastic use silicone caulk and packing tape if you don't have any clamps...both are much easier to cleanup and less noticeable. Just make sure you allow adequate cure time, silicone takes a while to fully cure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.