Michael Jackson - Beat It on 27,000watts - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 10 Old 09-02-2012, 08:21 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 331
Full x-mech on this one. Rewired in prep for the 35kW, and yeah, my chair told me to post this... Go ahead, make my day! tongue.gif

Investing in the clones is a huge risk, but I'm going for it anyways, because I never learn!!! biggrin.gif Where else can you get an boatload of cheap power? Either that or, maybe I'm just a sucker / "life's like a box of chocolates" type-dude?

By the way the video is blocked in the US (the only country) , the country it was uploaded from!!! Thank's big brother / skynet, good job! good job! Keep up the great work!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 09-02-2012, 09:17 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
So...........perhaps you can cut the audio or use another site to upload?
post #3 of 10 Old 09-04-2012, 08:10 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

For those in the USA, the next closest and highest bandwidth proxy (if you don't have a paid one already) is probably this.

The original file is a 400mb upload for me because it is 1080P@30FPS and 48khz audio. (My internet isn't Fi-Op speed.)

http://www.freecanadavpn.com
http://www.pcworld.com/article/210562/how_to_set_up_vpn_in_windows_7.html

I don't have a clue why the RIAA blocked only that part of the planet from seeing it, when the other 99% of the globe can view it completely unrestricted LOL, kind of pointless if you ask me? but that's the RIAA and Movie Picture Associations for ya.
post #4 of 10 Old 09-05-2012, 06:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 155
First explain to me what a video of a stereo and subwoofer playing back on a lap or desktop computer accomplishes in the first place.

Or is this more of the juvenile, posturing, chest-beating stuff that keeps a lot of otherwise well-intentioned folk out of this sub-forum?

Sorry, just don't see any useful purpose...and with 160+ views and one post, I'd bet I'm correct.

James

Actual phone call (see pic to left):

Tech (responding to laughter): "I'm sorry sir, did I miss something?"

Me: "Yeah, a case of Diet Mountain Dew walking across my living room."

post #5 of 10 Old 09-06-2012, 01:20 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

It took me 10 years to build it. Did anyone spot the use of 240v romex? haha tongue.gif

I have no upper-budget, I've already put in maybe $30,000 and I'm planning on putting in at least another $20,000 over the next couple of years, depending on what life throws my way biggrin.gif
Most of the cost is actually in electronics, like 50% of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagic View Post

Love that flex in the opening bars! Also funny, the camera is shaking to the music.
I think it's 10hz, flex continues through half the song. From a front axial view it is hard to see. They couldn't do 10hz in the 80's I bet LOL, they may have not even known it was even there!
My arm gets pretty tired holding that thing still at eye level after 4 minutes let me tell ya; actually... I'm starting to like the pain in an SM kinda way, j/k haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermaybe View Post

First explain to me what a video of a stereo and subwoofer playing back on a lap or desktop computer accomplishes in the first place.
Or is this more of the juvenile, posturing, chest-beating stuff that keeps a lot of otherwise well-intentioned folk out of this sub-forum?
Sorry, just don't see any useful purpose...and with 160+ views and one post, I'd bet I'm correct.
James

If you want a sound system that sounds this good, do what I did man. Here is the list components and how you need to connect it all.

This is my secrete-sauce formula man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassThatHz 
Source is a PC via a Xonar HDAV, analog RCA-outs to the multi-pre-in's on the UMC-1.
The UMC-1 is my pre-amp for now... which I then split both LR stereo outputs, one stereo pair to my Rotel monoblocks with FMOD-150 HP's and then directly on to the B&W HF in's,
the 2nd stereo pair goes to all the woofers/subs, this is connected to my BFD for RCA to XLR conversion.
[I'm planning on buying an XSP-1 soon, which will do that instead and at much higher fidelity too I might add; thus no longer needing the BFD for that task.]
The BFD also chops off the high bits above 5khz (high-bass). That then goes into two bridged XTI 4K's which have their own XO's and EQ's which feed the LR B&W LF's in dual mono (2+2ohm),
each of those XTI's are daisy-chained in dual-mono/stereo to the DEQ, (this is where the DCX would come in, more on that later), I have an ECM mic connected to the DEQ for RTA monitoring as well,
so after the dynamic EQ'ing and further choping of high bits(sub-bass), this then goes into the iTech 8k, which has it's own XO/DSP/dynamics processors, that powers the LMS (1ohm) and the SDX's (1ohm), this is then stereo daisy-chained to two EP4K's,
one feeds the Daytons in dual-parellel stereo 4ohm, the other EP4K feeds the Mal-21's (which for now is in input-parellel mode at dual 4ohm out).
The other 5 channel outs on the UMC-1 go to my other rotel amps, for the center channel and surrounds for a 7.9+ config in movie-mode (HDMI digital) and 2.9+ config in music-mode (analog hard-wire).
The XSP-1 would be an extension to the UMC-1, I'd hook both of them up together, the UMC-1 becoming my movie-DAC, the XONAR remaining the music-DAC.
So then... purchasing the FP10KQ would allow all 10 subs to finally be on descrete/independent/balanced channels for proper EQing/XO'ing/Delay etc etc, the DCX achieving that and LFE-mixing and would also allow me to preserve the stereo-bass signal to all 10 subs (5L + 5R) , and additionally implement real XO's for the non-crown amps that need it.
[Damn, I'm going to need a zillion more cables to make that all happen.]

As you can see, this isn't your average picnic basket Boo Boo.
Quad-monoblocked mains, each amp on it's own breaker, with power conditioning for the ones doing the highs. That's why it sounds so effortless (this video is at 120db playback BTW). It's pretty far up into the Nutziods cloud (for a middle-class income anyways).
Point is: You won't hear this at best-buy that's for sure, or anywhere else.

A laptop/tablet/PC speakers/Bose/TheBeats? No, No and No. I was hoping the peoples be using some Grado/Sennheiser headphones with an external amp, or perhaps an entry level sound system (preferably with a sub capable of 30hz) at minimum.

How to you jump from "a thread of my system playing some tune" to, all that? My system must have left one hell of an impression on you! My chair say's that he wants to take that as a self-asserted complement. biggrin.gif

I ain't keeping nobody from doing nothing man.
post #6 of 10 Old 09-06-2012, 08:36 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
More money than brains???
post #7 of 10 Old 09-06-2012, 09:40 AM
Bass Enabler

Quoted: 314 Post(s)
Liked: 728
I don't mind your videos, Bass. Though I would prefer to see more 'walkthroughs' cuz I'm more interested in your system as a whole than just a video of a woofer moving. Boooorrrriiiinnngggg. A sweet walk-around seeing the whole room would be much more interesting but... keep doing what you're doing and don't let me get in the way. tongue.gif

My Dual 18" LLT subs 120dB down to 10hz

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

https://soundcloud.com/plan9reloaded/sets/podcast - direct pod link

http://plan9reloaded.com/site/ - main website

post #8 of 10 Old 09-06-2012, 07:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
What spl are you hitting with the sub moving that much? On music I can barely see my quad 18's moving even at concert levels.

I agree that watching a woofer is boring smile.gif Walk around and show us things you've done, what you've built and how.
post #9 of 10 Old 09-06-2012, 09:01 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestang View Post

More money than brains???
Actually there are several people on this very site that use (at least indirectly) some of the things I have created and they continue to do so on a weekly basis and they probably don't even realize it. Including millions of other people. Which is cool and all, but that itself is not my point. The POINT I'm making here is: It's not "completely" air between my ears, maybe only partially LOL biggrin.gif
and Yes I graduated university, and Yes I can operate a behringer dcx without looking at the manual ROFL. I might be dumb, but I ain't that dumb; I know what I is doing biggrin.gif
post #10 of 10 Old 09-07-2012, 08:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 44
It still escapes me why you don't make a single thread for your system. Fill it up with videos. Those that dig it can subscribe.

I get that it is exciting to have so many subwoofers. It certainly humbles my setup. I'm sure the urge to share bubbles up every time you crank it. But you've made a dozen such threads and most of the time you catch some sort of grief for it. Is there some mysterious benefit to numerous threads with what is essentially the same content?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermaybe View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by baniels View Post

It would be easier to follow your adventure if you had a single thread wherein you posted all of your updates and videos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lennon_68 View Post

You don't have to create a new thread every time you take a new video or make a small change to your system. Just create a thread on your system and make a new post in it. It's cleaner and easier for everyone. Plus it just screams "look at my system" when you post a new video of it, especially when you label it "music/movie playing on 1000 gigawatts" every time. I'm sure that's not your intention but that's how it comes across smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG View Post

... start 1 thread and post all your stuff. Then you don't have to look around all the time if you want to answer people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgaffner1 View Post

I really dont understand the point of all of these videos
Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page