Another QSC 2150 clone - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 09-22-2012, 06:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Thanks to Chucky for posting his QSC 2150 clone. I decided to build these as my very first DIY speaker project. Mainly because all the parts can be purchased without the need to build my own. And they are the identical parts used. Also I have been emailing chucky for additional support.. *** Huge thanks to chucky, without his help I would never have attempted this build***
The actualy build can be read via Chuckys posts. As of today I have bullt the boxes, and connected the compression driver and midrange to the waveguids. My next step is to wire the crossover, mount the 15" woofers, plug and pray.. lol I mean play....
Im sure everythng will go smooth. I am also considering DIY the SR-18 rears as my next project.
The overall cost for parts was just under $2,000.00 (for 7 speakers) if you add wood, glue, and misc items the cost may stretch a few hundred more. I'll post some pics but chucky did a great job with his pics so there is no need to duplicate.

Thanks again to Chucky and everyone on AVS.... P.S., Im also building a DIY AT 120" Screen (probably by seymour) I have read other posts about using spandex. But considering the Seymour product is only $260 its not a bad option.

QSC 2150 for HT
DIY Tempest
DIY Ultimax Sub's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2012, 07:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlhaudio View Post

Thanks to Chucky for posting his QSC 2150 clone. I decided to build these as my very first DIY speaker project. Mainly because all the parts can be purchased without the need to build my own. And they are the identical parts used. Also I have been emailing chucky for additional support.. *** Huge thanks to chucky, without his help I would never have attempted this build***
The actualy build can be read via Chuckys posts. As of today I have bullt the boxes, and connected the compression driver and midrange to the waveguids. My next step is to wire the crossover, mount the 15" woofers, plug and pray.. lol I mean play....
Im sure everythng will go smooth. I am also considering DIY the SR-18 rears as my next project.
The overall cost for parts was just under $2,000.00 (for 7 speakers) if you add wood, glue, and misc items the cost may stretch a few hundred more. I'll post some pics but chucky did a great job with his pics so there is no need to duplicate.
Thanks again to Chucky and everyone on AVS.... P.S., Im also building a DIY AT 120" Screen (probably by seymour) I have read other posts about using spandex. But considering the Seymour product is only $260 its not a bad option.

Thanks but no, no, no... not that easy. You need to post pics!!! LOL!! C'mon your contribution will be highly appreciated by all.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:10 PM - Thread Starter

ok, here are some pics, I will take more soon. 024A.jpg 785k .jpg file
026A.jpg 731k .jpg file
028A.jpg 677k .jpg file
029A.jpg 673k .jpg file
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 024A.jpg (784.8 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg 026A.jpg (730.6 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg 028A.jpg (676.6 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg 029A.jpg (672.5 KB, 61 views)

QSC 2150 for HT
DIY Tempest
DIY Ultimax Sub's
Old 09-22-2012, 09:11 PM - Thread Starter

hmmm wonder why it didnt just post the pics.... Did I do something wrong?

QSC 2150 for HT
DIY Tempest
DIY Ultimax Sub's
Old 10-18-2012, 07:27 AM - Thread Starter

I just received a heart transplant Sept 28,2012. My build will be on hold for a couple months while I recover.

QSC 2150 for HT
DIY Tempest
DIY Ultimax Sub's
Old 01-13-2013, 07:26 PM - Thread Starter

I was able to start working on them again. I'll take more pics next weekend. I have the waveguides mounted. Only thing remaining is soldering the crossovers. Ill take pics from the back as well.
I'll add another coat of paint as well although the speakers will be placed behind an AT screen.

QSC 2150 for HT
DIY Tempest
DIY Ultimax Sub's
Old 01-24-2013, 05:19 PM - Thread Starter

I have a king size foam mattress pad. Can I use that as acoustic foam to place inside the speaker?

QSC 2150 for HT
DIY Tempest
DIY Ultimax Sub's