Well I had finished up the sub to its rough form. I am going to cover it in Upholstery soon. but I had finished it up and ended going with the following Parts:
1. Mach 5 IXL 18.4 driver
2. Behringer inuke 3000DSP
3. 3/4" MDF Box @ 285L
nOw I ran through some test after I recieved the cable in the mail yesterday but when I turned it all on after I hooked it up Nothing.. OK Small prolem I checked and double checked ll the connectors Still looked good. AFter some time fooling around I took out the speakon connector on the Subwoofer and I had it wired wrong Duh!!,, I quickly fixed that and fired her eback up and Boom Nothing but a Hum coming out of the driver
I thought at first the amp was bad but after some tinkering and turned it off to be safe. went to the Google and searched for HUM came back with alot of Ground Loop issues.. I thought OK sounds good and I found a Article over at Audiholics and it had mentioned ways of determining and fixing this issue.. Well after reading it twice I figured it out.. I then applied the fix a few hours later after researching and positng on variuos foums got it fixed..
Fired it back up and NO Hum Excellent I thought lets see what this Driver can do.. I immedietely loaded up some Felix Hell and Wow It felt like I was in the Hall with Felix the Bass was Perfect.. So after I messed with that a but I got out the old SPL Meter and recalibrated the system and continued testing..
I had some Rap songs by Beanie Man "Who Am I" and Tag Teams "Whoomp there it is" WOW the bass was incredible and it was no Where near clipping this is a good thing so I turned the gain a little bit on the Behringer amp and tried it again it just got better and better..
Well after about a 2 hour session I figured give it a rest for now till after dinner.. I must say the DIY route was a very pleasurable and interesting event.. I learned tons of stuff. and still learning but the most Part I have a Subwoofer that can compete with the big boys after all this thing is no Slouch, LOL!!
Well I still have some finishing up of the cabinet and I am going to get some speaker gasket materiela for the driver and going with T-Nuts instead of the wood screws I used.. Also I need to seal a few air leaks I guess is important but it still sounded good even in the rough..
Well here are some shots of the Box and Drivers enjoy and Please fell free to pick my brain willing to share what I have learned in this adventure..
OK I just got done my First Test Session.