5,000 watts, $699, until Nov 11 - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 97 Old 09-23-2013, 11:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20

its been 9 months now and still no problems with my fans and lights. However like i said I calculated the MA consumption and stayed as close to the original draw.

A Good amplifier requires a adequate power supply, It does not matter what the amplifier is capable of if the power supply will not provide the power required. Most amplifiers have under rated power supplies. It is up to you to make sure you get the ones that are
least under rated if at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 97 Old 09-25-2013, 06:09 PM

http://www.design-mate.com/

here is the company that licences its product to the names of cerwin vega, american audio, samson, b52 us series amps, audiophoney etc. There are quite a few name brands with enough confidence in the product to put their name on it, and sell it as their own.

This is where they are all coming from. Hpa has its own retail company, and its sister company manufactures all the product. Established in 2003, right when samson , stanton, cerwin vega etc all came out with their new amplifiers.

A Good amplifier requires a adequate power supply, It does not matter what the amplifier is capable of if the power supply will not provide the power required. Most amplifiers have under rated power supplies. It is up to you to make sure you get the ones that are
post #93 of 97 Old 10-07-2013, 01:14 PM

Liked: 12
Hey johnplayerson. Thank you for your reply I managed to get me 4 x Cooler master Jetflo 120mm which are rated @ 0.4A with 95CFM which is way below and is safe to use funny thing was on the fan spindle it is rated @ 0.42A but when I challenged Coolermaster about this they say their fan is rated @ 0.4A as they round it off to the nearest figure HERE IS THE LINK FOR THEM I'll up load pictures as and when I start my fan conversion.. http://www.coolermaster.com/product/Detail/cooling/case-fan/jetflo-120.html
post #94 of 97 Old 10-07-2013, 02:30 PM
Bass Enabler

Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnplayerson View Post

its been 9 months now and still no problems with my fans and lights. However like i said I calculated the MA consumption and stayed as close to the original draw.

Damn. That's a lot of power you got right there. What are you powering with all that?

My Dual 18" LLT subs 120dB down to 10hz

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

https://soundcloud.com/plan9reloaded/sets/podcast - direct pod link

http://plan9reloaded.com/site/ - main website

post #95 of 97 Old 10-15-2013, 12:58 PM

Liked: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnplayerson View Post

http://www.design-mate.com/

here is the company that licences its product to the names of cerwin vega, american audio, samson, b52 us series amps, audiophoney etc. There are quite a few name brands with enough confidence in the product to put their name on it, and sell it as their own.

This is where they are all coming from. Hpa has its own retail company, and its sister company manufactures all the product. Established in 2003, right when samson , stanton, cerwin vega etc all came out with their new amplifiers.

Well gang back again. This time with the fan modification still haven't got these things connected as I'm in the process of upgrading my Anthem MRX 300 to the New Yamaha CX-A5000 the newest Anthem MRX 510 is merely a reboot of an old technology all wrapped up in a new shiny box and does not bring much to the table so the Yamaha CX-A5000 will be the processor of choice without the amplifier part as I already own the Lexicon RX 7 power amplifier. Oh I'm aware I'll get haters on here praising the Anthem but for me it is Yamaha from here on in, as Anthem cut the basic model which is the MRX 310 shame on them, so only alternative is the MRX 510 not for me I'm afraid..

Anyway back the the fan modification. The fans of choice are the Jet Flo 120 which have nice load resistors to bring the speed down to 1200 RPM and are whisper quiet at that speed and they cause quite a draft as it was sucking quite a bit of air in through the front vents of the amplifier when all put back together, this fan was rated at 0.42A and they seem to work quite well with the new modified fan plug which I cannabilised of another discarded case fan I had lying around, I purchased the two fan connectors and rewired then to fit the old plug which I had to shape into position as it was much bigger than the amplifier fan socket so it took a wee bit of work to do this particular job but at least if it ever needs to go back to the manufacturer while under warranty nothing will be amiss as the stock fans are intact and everything will go back as original I thought this was an effort well applied as it saves cutting into any wiring of the original fans. Please look at the pictures and see this plan put into place, I'm glad I did the fan modification as those stock fans were pretty loud so much so they would have sounded like a hoover going in the background totally ridiculous for home cinema applications.. Yes before you ask the stock fans are rated @ 0.28A which is really 0.3A the new fans are rated @ 0.42A with the difference in 1 A an electrical engineer who I spoke to stated to em it will not make button of difference of the 1A load even with the two fans installed so I decided to go this route anyway if after 10 years these things are still going then I can say with certainty that the fan modification did indeed work?
MemX likes this.
post #96 of 97 Old 10-19-2013, 10:44 AM

Liked: 10

Hi

can you send me pictures of the input power? im planning to buy this amps in the US but i want to use it in Europe, that's why i need to know how to change input voltage.

Thank you

post #97 of 97 Old 11-17-2013, 03:01 AM

Nice Pics. Dont forget to tell everyone how well these amps perform on sub duty lol. These amplifiers are specifically made for each region and are not multi voltage.
You would have to go inside the amplifier and rewire the primaries and secondaries in series as far as I know, and this is not a job for dumb heads like me.

In Canada and the USA we can simply install a 230 vac line in our electrical panels and run 220 to 240 volt equipment with it. This is done simply by placing the double breaker 230 volt between the supply rails on the electrical panel and then running wire from this to an outlet. Myself I made a few small holes near the walls in my listening room and ran extra lines so I can have dedicated power lines for all my amplifiers. I do not know if you can do the reverse in 230 volt regions, by installing 120 volt lines in your panel.

Here is what I am powering up with the corner loaded amplifiers. lol

2 15 inch rockford fosgate t2s in stereo. Powered by one cerwin vega cv 2800 bridged on each driver.
2 15 inch Cerwin Vega Stroker Pro in stereo. Powered by one cerwin vega cv 2800 bridged on each driver.
2 15 inch Audiopipe 10th annivery series TXX APA in stereo Powered by one cerwin vega cv 5000 in stereo
2 15 inch Power Accousic Mo Fo in stereo Powered by one Samson SX 3200 bridged on each driver.

All ported enclosures at 30 to 32 hz

8 10 inch Alpine SWR 10D4. 4 per side in stereo, sealed. Powered by one cerwin vega cv 5000 bridged per 4 drivers wired to 8 ohms
2 Alpine 12 inch SWR 12D4 2 per side in stereo, Sealed. Powered by one cerwin vega cv 5000 in stereo.

Listening area 14 feet by 11 feet.

All the pro amps are for powering subwoofers.

Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page