Okay, more than slight delay. Work/Life/Holidays... you get the idea...
Anyway, the panels are all cut, I just need to cut the braces. I tested out my router/Jasper combo, and cut the hole in the baffle doubler. (Pics to come later)
Then, I pulled the driver and amp out of the box, and set it up for driver break-in. Hopefully one someone can tell me if I did something wrong.
1) I downloaded a 20Hz test tone and transferred it to my ipod.
2) Set ipod to repeat track indefinitely.
3) Connect amp (bash 300) to iPod, and throw a multimeter on the speaker leads. \
4) Adjust controls until it reads 10VAC.
5) turn amp off and connect leads to speaker (both coils in parallel)
6) turn system back on
7) immediately turn system back off due to the hideous clanking sound
8) spend a couple of minutes convincing wife that I'm not going to burn the house down
9) turn the volume knob all the way down, and re-energize system
10) Turn knob slowly back up until an audible version of the clanking is heard. (It's a similar sound, just not so alarming in volume.)
11) Turn the system off, and ask for advice on AVSforum.
Now, the driver was sitting on its back on the carpet during this test. I'm thinking that I might want to cut the hole in the baffle, glue the doubler on, and go through the driver mounting procedure, then repeat the procedure with the driver off of the ground.
But, is it possible I have a bad driver, or did I do something wrong?