Old 12-09-2012, 12:23 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 280 Post(s)
Liked: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxedocivic View Post

I'm sure we could walk you through it if you know how to solder. Or if you wanted active, settings are available.

Ok great, I am ok with doing some soldering. You have PM tux!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 07:00 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I am just curious to know how you guys think the DeltaLight 2512 compares to the JBL-2226j? I am going to go with the JBL-2226j anyway, I am just curious to hear what you guys think. Also please give your opinions on the AE TD12M versus the JBL-2226j.

At this point I am not even considering changing away from the JBL-2226j, but, I also plan to build some additional Seos-12's for my surrounds, sides, and possibly wides sometime in the near future, so I may end up going with some different woofers for those, unless I can find a really good deal on some more 2226j's.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:00 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Edit, duplicate post
Old 12-10-2012, 07:06 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Another thing that I am curious about, is how these Seos-12's will compare to my current LCR's, which are Def Tech BP-30's and a C/L/R-2000? I have gone through several different LCR's trying to find an affordable upgrade to my Def Techs, and so far, I have not been able to achieve anything that I like better. The plan with these Seos-12's is to build them, then live with them as my main LCR's for a couple of months to see how I like them compared to my BP-30's. The one that I like the least will get sold. This will most certainly be fun!
Old 12-10-2012, 07:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 433 Post(s)
Liked: 734
I think you should build a speaker that has been tweaked by ear from one of the speaker designers. You might also be surprised at the amount of volume and clarity that any of the smaller designs can put out.

If you're not sure what to do, maybe you should consider building one Delta Max and listen to it. Granted it won't sound as good as 2, but it's not a big investment. If you like it, buy another and they can be used as surrounds, or even mains. And they'd be timbre matched to any larger model you build for the front.....if you needed a larger model.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:05 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martycool007 View Post

Another thing that I am curious about, is how these Seos-12's will compare to my current LCR's, which are Def Tech BP-30's and a C/L/R-2000? I have gone through several different LCR's trying to find an affordable upgrade to my Def Techs, and so far, I have not been able to achieve anything that I like better. The plan with these Seos-12's is to build them, then live with them as my main LCR's for a couple of months to see how I like them compared to my BP-30's. The one that I like the least will get sold. This will most certainly be fun!
Your new speakers should be much cleaner and coherent.

Mike
Old 12-10-2012, 10:18 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erich H View Post

I think you should build a speaker that has been tweaked by ear from one of the speaker designers. You might also be surprised at the amount of volume and clarity that any of the smaller designs can put out.
If you're not sure what to do, maybe you should consider building one Delta Max and listen to it. Granted it won't sound as good as 2, but it's not a big investment. If you like it, buy another and they can be used as surrounds, or even mains. And they'd be timbre matched to any larger model you build for the front.....if you needed a larger model.

I am not getting too picky or anal about this, the whole point is to have fun in comparing various speakers to my current Def Techs. I am dead set on building the Seos12's, the reason that I was asking these questions was just because I was curious about what other folks thought of them.