Question about isd and Daytons - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 36 Old 12-11-2012, 01:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Ricci tested it with more than 1000 watts in a 4ft box. i know you guys already said this

Xbox One Gamertag = The Barbeerian

PS4 PSNID = The-Barbeerian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 Old 12-11-2012, 02:13 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 210
OK, that's what I was originally asking. I will go re look at the parameters I input. Thank you.

Achievement Unlocked

Psychotic Episode Averted

post #33 of 36 Old 12-11-2012, 04:47 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTD02 View Post

"2) The concern is if down the road I want to add more power to the mix. According to databass the driver can safely handle 1200 watts, almost double of what I will be feeding them now. Am I going to have to build new cabs at this point, which could be a month or two down the road."
that would be fine.
"a) Others have stated that the sub will do fine in a 4cf cab with 1000 watts. isd is in disagreement."
something is wrong. scott, gorilla, and i are all getting the same results in winisd. here is 1200 watts 4 cubic feet.

Is there any reason you're using Dayton's spec sheet numbers instead of Ricci's tested numbers? If I've done everything right they produce a fairly different result. Not that I'm disagreeing with what anybody is saying about the end result of the whole deal, just wondering.

Gorilla, are you also using Dayton's numbers or are you using Ricci's test numbers?
post #34 of 36 Old 12-12-2012, 08:03 AM

Liked: 10
When I run ISD with this driver in 4ft^3, I see it running out of linearity at ~400W@10hz, however, that same simulation coincides with what most others are seeing; that you will not be bottoming out this driver even with over 1000W because it has a lot of available non-linear travel beyond its rating. Keep in mind that programs like winISD assume perfect linearity (constant temp, constant BL, perfect motor linearity; effectively, it assumes that all signal levels are "small signal" levels)... Keep this in mind when simulating outside of driver linearity.
post #35 of 36 Old 12-12-2012, 08:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSmithers View Post

Gorilla, are you also using Dayton's numbers or are you using Ricci's test numbers?

I was using Dayton's numbers, but just entered with Josh's numbers which is attached. With Josh's numbers I was 2.5mm or so higher at 10hz assuming 1000W and 4 cubes which really is negligible in terms of the safety zone. In the real world some type of rolloff will occur. Also, as Josh mentioned in a previous post in my thread, the signals in this range are typically not as strong as the higher frequency content. dayton ho 1000w 4 cubes ricci measured.JPG 120k .JPG file
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dayton ho 1000w 4 cubes ricci measured.JPG (120.3 KB, 3 views)
post #36 of 36 Old 12-12-2012, 09:51 AM

Liked: 13
Right, I agree with all of that, and in any case real world testing results (yours, Ricci's, others) carry more weight than WinISD. My only point was that, with Josh's numbers, the OP wasn't as far off as people were suggesting.
Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page